Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ergo Proxy

Julio moving to Safety next year

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How ya'll doin' up there? Ya'll doin' all right? 11, Julio, that's my nephew out there. That boy can play some football. He can play left, he can play right, don't make no difference. He can block, tackle, score the touch down, snap the ball, and kick the extra point. ****, the boy will fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dog, and paint your back porch. I'm telling ya, the boy can plain outplay football. 

[pause while Julio throws ball]

OOHH! And he can pass!

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Schlereth was calling that game and was so stoked when that happened. He was talking about how great Julio was for still going 100% in a game with no playoffs hopes attached & when he had been dealing with an injury for a while now.

He was then on Speak For Yourself & during a discussion on AB's antics & crappy attitude, he talked about how he called the Falcons game that weekend & specifically mentioned this block as a prime example of what a true professional looks like.

Drew4719, Ergo Proxy and KCFalcon22 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, k-train said:

Mark Schlereth was calling that game and was so stoked when that happened. He was talking about how great Julio was for still going 100% in a game with no playoffs hopes attached & when he had been dealing with an injury for a while now.

He was then on Speak For Yourself & during a discussion on AB's antics & crappy attitude, he talked about how he called the Falcons game that weekend & specifically mentioned this block as a prime example of what a true professional looks like.

Were truely lucky to have him. Yeah he held out but lets not pretend he does not deserve every penny. He goes out there every week and puts it all on the line for his team and never runs his mouth or causes drama.

julio must retire as a Falcon.

Ergo Proxy, k-train and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly encourage you all to watch the entire clip & pay particular attention to the things Schlereth says throughout the video... from about 1:50-3:30 and especially from the 6:30 mark on to when he brings up Julio, and the things he mentions at the 11:00 point on.

Great points about the importance of team culture & how bringing in a selfish player w/ a bad attitude just because they are talented can instantly destroy any credibility & stability the coaching staff has in the locker room.
 

 

Geneaut, Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, k-train said:


Great points about the importance of team culture & how bringing in a selfish player w/ a bad attitude just because they are talented can instantly destroy any credibility & stability the coaching staff has in the locker room.
 

 

 

 

Didn't Jones hold out of OTAs, mini camp, and preaseason (to be fair most of the team was held out)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

 

 

Didn't Jones hold out of OTAs, mini camp, and preaseason (to be fair most of the team was held out)? 

Yeah, he did... and he went about it in the most selfless way he could.

Julio kept in contact with the coaching staff & his teammates throughout the process & he was clearly busting his butt, working out with one of the greatest to ever play his position, and attending Matt Ryan's annual passing camp. He went out of his way to avoid talking about it in the media, social media, etc to make it as little of a distraction as possible.

As soon as a negotiation took place, Julio was right back in Flowery Branch busting his butt to make himself & his teammates better. The dude seriously does not give two sh!ts about his stats, records, etc. and just wants to make sure he's helping his team win games... no matter what that means his role is (blocking, decoy, freeing up others to be able to eat, etc.).

IMO the only people who saw any issue with his situation were those who made a much bigger deal out of it than it actually was... the media who desperately needed something to talk about because it was the offseason... and the Goldilocks-type fans who are never satisfied unless they have something to whine about.

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sluggo said:

…..and put Matt Bosher on the other side across from Julio to make a really great tandem of safeties. No reason they both can't be 2-way players :)

True. When two of the best hits of the season are made by your punter and your HOF WR that puts your Defensive ineptitude in focus.

mikeg272 and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

“Great players, great talent makes plays in the first 3 Quarters. Character men win games in the 4th Quarter”

Great quote indeed that Mark referenced leading up to his point about a WR type that cares about his stats in a loss and he is content; vs a guy that is willing to sacrifice.

That is exactly why the team congratulated Julio when he scored his 1st TD this year. They get it!

Truth be told we need just a little more talent and *cough* situational coaching *cough* and we have enough character men for the 4th Q in guys like Ryan and Julio. That was their SB play together to seal that game that got away. Kyle screwed them and Quinn’s legacy here will ultimately be decided by that; far more than what happened after, IF we never get another crack at the big game.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Geneaut and k-train like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, k-train said:

Yeah, he did... and he went about it in the most selfless way he could.

It is just funny how people are bashing A Brown, for being selfish and having a bad attitude, yet Julio did the same thing to start the season (skipping otas, mini camp and preseason), and now the narrative is that Julio did it in the most professional manner, and was not selfish for doing so.  You did it Ktrain.....you spun this into a hot take I never thought I would hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

It is just funny how people are bashing A Brown, for being selfish and having a bad attitude, yet Julio did the same thing to start the season (skipping otas, mini camp and preseason), and now the narrative is that Julio did it in the most professional manner, and was not selfish for doing so.  You did it Ktrain.....you spun this into a hot take I never thought I would hear. 

Julio never missed a game or ran out on his team when it mattered. Spinning is making Julio out to be like AB.

Players hold out. Julio didn’t skip preseason. Coach didn’t play him. He was on the sideline. He made all TC. There was simply a contract sort of issue that got resolved and put back for this offseason essentially.

Nothing that ever began to be a locker room problem. 

So, it’s not the same thing. Plus, he went to Matt’s camp. Think he’d show for Ben? Nope because AB is a locker room cancer right now.

k-train likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Julio never missed a game or ran out on his team when it mattered. Spinning is making Julio out to be like AB.

Players hold out. Julio didn’t skip preseason. Coach didn’t play him. He was on the sideline. He made all TC. There was simply a contract sort of issue that got resolved and put back for this offseason essentially.

Nothing that ever began to be a locker room problem. 

So, it’s not the same thing. Plus, he went to Matt’s camp. Think he’d show for Ben? Nope because AB is a locker room cancer right now.

So Julio wasn't barking about wanting more money until the season started?  And my usage of Julio missing preseason has more to do with the Falcons as whole not playing many starters in preseason, but yes Julio was threatening to miss preseason as well.  I just find it funny how people bash A Brown, but act like Julio didn't bring unwanted drama by sitting out OTAs and minicamp while talking about wanting more money, even though he had 3 years left on his contract.  Also why does Julio get a pass for skipping out on otas, minicamp, etc when the rest of the team was there?  Plus Rico Allen still went to OTAs, mini camp, etc and he was looking for more money as well, since he didn't sign his 2nd round tender and eventually got a long term deal.  Julio was already 40% deep into his contract opting to skip these activities to show the front office he is serious about getting more money.  To act like Julio wasn't stirring up his own **** is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0