DMT11

Press conference

130 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, The Don™ said:

 

Quinn said they're going to be looking for a gameday management coach...to help with situational timeouts, challenges, going for two or not, etc...hallelujah 

this is thebiggest news of all, I've been asking him to do this! A couple less things he doesn't need to focus on during the game, and we all know his game time management is iffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So who from the Texans, Bears, or Cheifs could we be after? Qb coach ready to make OC? 

Rams qb coach, he'll be on Kubiaks staff when he is ready to coach us. I think the guy will be Kubes.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I actually wonder if we should hire a team building coach.. Quinn took smitties roster to the Superbowl and the mess we saw this year is more indicative of quinns roster 

Injuries dawg! We'd be in the playoffs if it wasn't for injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

That is exactly what I told you several months ago, but you and Monoxide begged to differ with me.

Just me and monoxide? Tom Dimitroff, Arthur Blank and Dan Quinn also beg to differ with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

Dimarco and Schraeder...then Bryant and Bosher on special teams.  That's it.

Rico was cut by Smith and Freeman was 3rd string.

Alford was still the only Smitty player on defense during the superbowl run.

Quinn replaced almost the entire starting roster on both sides of the ball and people wonder why we don't have depth.  We had no developmental talent because mike smith preferred to target special teams players after the second round. 

Mike Smith preferred veterans and team captains who hustled hard.  Practically no younger players ever got a chance to beat out older players.  Quinn prefers fast and physical players that he can develop. I think Quinn's way will work better.

What a crock. A freaking TATF myth for sure. See Ryan, Julio, Bloodline, Alf, Tru, Grimes, Sackmaker, Beer, HD, Lofton, Clabo, Dahl, Vance, Jelly, King Konz, My Johnson, Brawley, Snelling, Nic, Weems, Bosher, Spoon, Shredder, Bartu, Worrilow, Peters, Quizz, Akeem The Dream Dent, Puddin, Mass, Ish, Lolo, James R The Great Stone, Shede, Shembo, Brokeback Ewing, Svitek, you name it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

What a crock. A freaking TATF myth for sure. See Ryan, Julio, Bloodline, Alf, Tru, Grimes, Sackmaker, Beer, HD, Lofton, Clabo, Dahl, Vance, Jelly, King Konz, My Johnson, Brawley, Snelling, Nic, Weems, Bosher, Spoon, Shredder, Bartu, Worrilow, Peters, Quizz, Akeem The Dream Dent, Puddin, Mass, Ish, Lolo, James R The Great Stone, Shede, Shembo, Brokeback Ewing, Svitek, you name it.

 

Agreed that’s a TATF myth. Falcons Rookies played least amount of snaps in 2017. It’s not DQ or MS, more on how set Starters are and turn over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

What a crock. A freaking TATF myth for sure. See Ryan, Julio, Bloodline, Alf, Tru, Grimes, Sackmaker, Beer, HD, Lofton, Clabo, Dahl, Vance, Jelly, King Konz, My Johnson, Brawley, Snelling, Nic, Weems, Bosher, Spoon, Shredder, Bartu, Worrilow, Peters, Quizz, Akeem The Dream Dent, Puddin, Mass, Ish, Lolo, James R The Great Stone, Shede, Shembo, Brokeback Ewing, Svitek, you name it.

 

I mean...you just named a bunch of first and second rounders that are kind of guaranteed playing time due to draft status. 

Alot of the players you named never had significant playing time so I don't know what that's about.

Then you named several of the players I was talking about that kept getting playing time when they shouldn't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

I mean...you just named a bunch of first and second rounders that are kind of guaranteed playing time due to draft status. 

Alot of the players you named never had significant playing time so I don't know what that's about.

Then you named several of the players I was talking about that kept getting playing time when they shouldn't have.

You said Practically no younger players ever got a chance to beat out older players. That's unadulterated BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Just me and monoxide? Tom Dimitroff, Arthur Blank and Dan Quinn also beg to differ with you.

I forgot, you stay in-touch with all three on a routine basis.:munch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You said Practically no younger players ever got a chance to beat out older players. That's unadulterated BS.

No..that's clearly out of context.  Reread what I said, It was in reference to Smith drafting special teams players after the second round.  Which is what I said. 

And yes some players got chances from circumstance, like injuries (ex. Worrilow).  But once you established yourself with Smith you were safe. (Biermann, Baker,  Hawley)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

No..that's clearly out of context.  Reread what I said, It was in reference to Smith drafting special teams players after the second round.  Which is what I said. 

And yes some players got chances from circumstance, like injuries (ex. Worrilow).  But once you established yourself with Smith you were safe. (Biermann, Baker,  Hawley)

Lol. Same for Quinn. Duke Riley, Schraeder, Jordan Richards, Reid... Schrader was worse than Baker last year. Smitty Benched and rotated Baker and made playoffs. DQ took Shraeder off the line up in the end in meaningless games. DQ didn’t play rookies in 2017. It has more to do with needs and turnover in roster. What took so long to put Brian Hill and Ty Sambirilo?

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

One of the silver linings of this difficult season is that we've bolstered roster "depth" as a result of the injuries we played through. 

A lot of the younger guys who struggled earlier in the season picked their level of play up as the season wore on. That should benefit them and the team as a whole in the future. 

Now, itll be about spending some draft capital/FA $$ along the F7 and iOL. 

/thread

JDaveG and No.11 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Same for Quinn. Duke Riley, Schraeder, Jordan Richards, Reid... Schrader was worse than Baker last year. Smitty Benched and rotated Baker and made playoffs. DQ took Shraeder off the line up in the end in meaningless games. DQ didn’t play rookies in 2017. It has more to do with needs and turnover in roster. What took so long to put Brian Hill and Ty Sambirilo?

Except those players were still starting for Smith all the way till the end. Baker was never benched, he was injured and then retired because of those injuries.

Duke-benched, Richards-benched, Schraeder-benched...Reed is 100x the player Beirmann was

Osiruz and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Except those players were still starting for Smith all the way till the end. Baker was never benched, he was injured and then retired because of those injuries.

Duke-benched, Richards-benched, Schraeder-benched...Reed is 100x the player Beirmann was

I don't believe Smith ever put anyone on the field as bad a Duke.. I could be wrong, and if I am please refresh my memory 

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

Except those players were still starting for Smith all the way till the end. Baker was never benched, he was injured and then retired because of those injuries.

Duke-benched, Richards-benched, Schraeder-benched...Reed is 100x the player Beirmann was

Baker was benched and falcons made playoffs that year. In fact Baker was shuffled and then benched when he sucked at RG.  You have a colored glasses when it comes to MS and DQ. Reid should have been benched for Steven Means. Last I checked Bierman isn’t on the team. Duke and Richards were benched after the team lost its wheels and was out of contention. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I don't believe Smith ever put anyone on the field as bad a Duke.. I could be wrong, and if I am please refresh my memory 

Heck even Bartu and Worrilow weren’t as bad. And Richards is the worst SS on this team for almost a decade.  DQ should have made a move many were screaming early in the season after Neal went down.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I actually wonder if we should hire a team building coach.. Quinn took smitties roster to the Superbowl and the mess we saw this year is more indicative of quinns roster 

Quinn/TD/Shanahan added quite a bit of beef to that roster, I don't think that's fair at all. And Quinn has missed on some picks, but he's proven to be one **** of a talent evaluator.

Debo, Neal, Rico, Kazee and Takk are all players developed by Quinn. Not only that, but we added Sanu + Mack in free agency which were HUGE successes that contributed greatly to our run in 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You said Practically no younger players ever got a chance to beat out older players. That's unadulterated BS.

There's truth to that, Smith almost never started rookies and it wasn't until there second season that they got consequential snaps. Please see Devonta Freeman, William Moore, Ricardo Allen, Hageman, Mallaciah Goodman, even Bartu and Worillow only got snaps because Spoon and Nicholas went down, and Akeem the dream dent succed something fierce. Some Drafts were rendered practically meaningless because we didnt even get one starter where as now we get atleast 2 starters from every draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, osiruz said:

There's truth to that, Smith almost never started rookies and it wasn't until there second season that they got consequential snaps. Please see Devonta Freeman, William Moore, Ricardo Allen, Hageman, Mallaciah Goodman, even Bartu and Worillow only got snaps because Spoon and Nicholas went down, and Akeem the dream dent succed something fierce. Some Drafts were rendered practically meaningless because we didnt even get one starter where as now we get atleast 2 starters from every draft. 

TATF Myth. See Ryan, Julio, Bloodline, Alf, Tru, Sackmaker, Lofton, Vance, Jelly, King Konz, Bosher, Spoon, Shredder, Bartu, Worrilow, Peters, Lolo, James R The Great Stone, Shembo, Chevis Regal and Crisp Owens. That's an average of three rookie starters per year. Not sure Quinn averaged that many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

TATF Myth. See Ryan, Julio, Bloodline, Alf, Tru, Sackmaker, Lofton, Vance, Jelly, King Konz, Bosher, Spoon, Shredder, Bartu, Worrilow, Peters, Lolo, James R The Great Stone, Shembo, Chevis Regal and Crisp Owens. That's an average of three rookie starters per year. Not sure Quinn averaged that many.

Ryan (1st), Sackmaker (1st), Lofton (2nd), Tru (1st), Alf (2nd didnt start till year 2), Vance (didnt get meaningful snaps), Jelly (1st), Konz (didnt start till year 2 and was a 2nd rounder). Etc. These guys all were either firsts or seconds and some even took a while to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Ryan (1st), Sackmaker (1st), Lofton (2nd), Tru (1st), Alf (2nd didnt start till year 2), Vance (didnt get meaningful snaps), Jelly (1st), Konz (didnt start till year 2 and was a 2nd rounder). Etc. These guys all were either firsts or seconds and some even took a while to start.

Hold up hoss. Yall boys said Smitty didn't start rooks. That's BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hold up hoss. Yall boys said Smitty didn't start rooks. That's BS.

Pretty much didn't unless he had to. It was traditionally a redshirt season unless we didn't have an entrenched starter at the position. Ryan for example had to beat out Chris Redman to start and Smitty almost didnt want him to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hold up hoss. Yall boys said Smitty didn't start rooks. That's BS.

See Freeman and Jackson. Smitty didn't give Freeman any meaningful snaps because he waned him to learn to pass block and play some special teams. Jackson's Knees were shot but he still continued to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Pretty much didn't unless he had to. It was traditionally a redshirt season unless we didn't have an entrenched starter at the position. Ryan for example had to beat out Chris Redman to start and Smitty almost didnt want him to.

LMAO. Now post up the rookies Quinn started. You'll see it's basically the same number and same circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, osiruz said:

See Freeman and Jackson. Smitty didn't give Freeman any meaningful snaps because he waned him to learn to pass block and play some special teams. Jackson's Knees were shot but he still continued to start.

Free got more touches than Quizz or Tone as a rook and had 500 yards and 2 TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now