DMT11

Press conference

130 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Guards didn't step up either. Corners and RT stepped down.

I think a lot of us felt going into the season we might have one of the best secondaries in the league with Tru and Alford on the corners, Poole at NB, Oliver drafted, and then Neal and Rico at safety with Kazee showing flashes backing up. Injuries happened and it hurt. But man we fell to the bottom. If Tru and Alford would have played as expected, with the way kazee stepped up it would have not been nearly as bad.

1 hour ago, DMT11 said:

No threads yet ? Did y'all listen to that? Lots of nuggets in there to me, 

Quinn gameday duty will change with him calling the def, and no they will not bring in another DC he is dead set on being DC

They are candidates in the playoffs we are going to interview still

They got tons of calls for the OC position, and are taking thier time will be no announcement in the next few days.

Grady and Julio will get done.

Also there were many players who they thought would step up that did not, once the I juries hit, to me this should be primarily directed at our corners.

Was there any talk of Tevin Coleman?

1 hour ago, DMT11 said:

Not sure what took so long to look for gameday management coach I mean remember the super bowl ?

They gonna hire a resilient person for that. Mike Smith 

DMT11 likes this

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Was there any talk of Tevin Coleman?

They basically said nothing is off the table with him and that is part of the evaluation process they are going through now looking at the roster and deciding how to move forward this offseason. Quinn said he was really proud with how he stepped up and lead the RBs when Freeman and Ito were both down.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

Also sounds like he wants Bruce Irvin. I think that'll get done.

Everyone on IR is on back on track for TC.

Quinn mentioned Foye a few times and talked about first to second year leap. No mention of Duke.

Quinn said they're going to be looking for a gameday management coach...to help with situational timeouts, challenges, going for two or not, etc...hallelujah 

The fact that quinn is considering a game management coach is the best news of the day.

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

Bad move, Morris is better on defense our Cb's need to learn how to catch INT's

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Beasley & Irvin will be back.  Safe to say a Dexter Lawrence type will be our 1st round target.  I like it

I'd love that to get a young 350 LB DT. I think our coaches are allergic to bigger guys though and they think the playbook will catch fire if we have to many big guys on the team.

24 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I think a lot of us felt going into the season we might have one of the best secondaries in the league with Tru and Alford on the corners, Poole at NB, Oliver drafted, and then Neal and Rico at safety with Kazee showing flashes backing up. Injuries happened and it hurt. But man we fell to the bottom. If Tru and Alford would have played as expected, with the way kazee stepped up it would have not been nearly as bad.

Poor secondary play was one of the biggest reasons Manuel was let go.

The press conference was all propaganda.

TD and DQ clearly tried to create the illusion that TD has some active role in the draft, player evaluation and fre agent acquisition when we all know TD has been demoted, in an act of charity, to the salary cap guy. 

/purple

8 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'd love that to get a young 350 LB DT. I think our coaches are allergic to bigger guys though and they think the playbook will catch fire if we have to many big guys on the team.

To do what.

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

TD and DQ acted as is TD has some active role in team building, player evaluation and acquisition when we all know TD is just a salary cap guy.

/purple

Cmon gazoo you know everything thing bad that happens to this team is all TDs fault.

Heard they only had single ply bog paper in the toilets that’s his fault to apparently lol.

Purple.

HASHBROWN3, vel and gazoo like this

24 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

They basically said nothing is off the table with him and that is part of the evaluation process they are going through now looking at the roster and deciding how to move forward this offseason. Quinn said he was really proud with how he stepped up and lead the RBs when Freeman and Ito were both down.

This is why even when we were out of contention for the playoffs why the last 3-4 games were important because the FO and coaches are continually evaluating the roster.

Tank away alot on here reckon fark me I’m sure a lot of fans on here can only see past the end of there nose.

Vandy, JDaveG and HASHBROWN3 like this

Link above

They both seemed a little rattled, good they both should be nervous.

sdogg likes this

yes sir. Similar to what Sean McVay did. I bet it becomes a trend in the league with these new school head coaches.

i think its actually a smart idea; do what you're best at and delegate what is a weakness. 

JDaveG, youngbloodz and HASHBROWN3 like this

Well, it's very clear to me,, Not only to we have to have a great OC,, our HC should IMO be a great mind for the O# more than the D# ,, I can't say it enough,, The O# can be your BEST!!!! D# ,, less time for our D on the field.. And That is how the better team are built.. I mean,, how hard is it to attack on D# ,,  I've seen in over and over this year.. Only the teams with great O# minds will make it to the finial 4 ..  Yes, get the big bad Dudes on D# that can bust up OLs ,, and tare back into the backfield.. But give me a Genius mind of an OC,, and keep our D off the field,, so when they do go to work ,, they'll still be fresh at the end of the game when most needed.  IN other words.. Be Smart TD,, and DQ ,, and Mr AB...  

sdogg and gazoo like this

I hope what they said comes true. We've seen this Show before. When Smitty was fired TD had the fancy speech but kept his high paying job. We've heard the RAH-RAH from DQ all year. Coaches were fired but TD and DQ remain intact and they should. But that's enough of the Rhetoric without results. This is the year they must get it done. Great Draft,  great F A  acquisitions, build a great Staff and deep roster. Good Game management, hopefully minimal injuries, don't hang on to underperforming players, get some tough players with some size etc. THIS IS IT! I hope they can pull it off.

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I actually wonder if we should hire a team building coach.. Quinn took smitties roster to the Superbowl and the mess we saw this year is more indicative of quinns roster 

Just like the mess we saw in 13-14 was indicative of Smitty's rosters? Don't give Smitty all credit and then blame DQ for building a roster that was abused by the injury bug. 

JDaveG likes this

43 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Poor secondary play was one of the biggest reasons Manuel was let go.

This. As soon as we lost Debo, Keanu, and Rico, people threw their arms up but we still had a very deep CB group and a promising FS in Kazee. Yet he went very soft and resulted in a porous secondary 

53 minutes ago, gazoo said:

TD and DQ clearly tried to create the illusion that TD has some active role in the draft, player evaluation and fre agent acquisition when we all know TD has been demoted, in an act of charity, to the salary cap guy. 

/purple

That is exactly what I told you several months ago, but you and Monoxide begged to differ with me.

Flying Falcon likes this

I think it’s awesomd that Quinn expressed he wants to sign a game management coach. Admit your faults and ask for help. That’s what someone good at their craft does. Someone who learns and wants to get better. Dan Quinn is definitely a good coach and deserves his job.

JDaveG and Dr Long Shot like this

14 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

That is exactly what I told you several months ago, but you and Monoxide begged to differ with me.

There's a big ol' purple at the end of that post...lol

8 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I think it’s awesomd that Quinn expressed he wants to sign a game management coach. Admit your faults and ask for help. That’s what someone good at their craft does. Someone who learns and wants to get better. Dan Quinn is definitely a good coach and deserves his job.

Amen.

All in all, this might be the single most encouraging end of year press conference I've ever seen.

gazoo, Osiruz, PokerSteve and 3 others like this