12 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Duke

I think we got our cues on what to expect with the following:

Wes (backup role)

Schraeder (cut)

Alford (cut)

Trufant (stays with team; restructure?)

Duke Riley (2nd team)

DeVondre Campbell (maybe didn’t play up to the level needed, only a support piece)

Tevin Coleman (not resigned)

If not Irvin, Beasley, Grady, Crawford, Senat, Takk...you ain’t back!

gtech1 and Cheap Talk like this

Posted (edited)

We all know why Dan Quinn was primarily hired this should not be a surprise that bringing in a game-day management coach is a shock we don't really want Quinn gone we just need to approve on the way things are going several other guys do this because if you need a great coordinator sometimes you have to give him the head coach job, I don't think this is a bad thing at all, he didn't have head coaching experience when we hired him anyway

Edited by DMT11
Ergo Proxy and Osiruz like this

One of the silver linings of this difficult season is that we've bolstered roster "depth" as a result of the injuries we played through. 

A lot of the younger guys who struggled earlier in the season picked their level of play up as the season wore on. That should benefit them and the team as a whole in the future. 

Now, itll be about spending some draft capital/FA $$ along the F7 and iOL. 

4 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

yes sir. Similar to what Sean McVay did. I bet it becomes a trend in the league with these new school head coaches.

Theres absolutely no reason not to have a situational coordinator. 

Coaching staff dollars are uncapped. Those decisions can often by impactful on the overall outlook of the game. 

Just hire a guy. 

18 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Gary Kubiak :ninja:

Well there were guys who are coaching this weekend and the team can't talk to them. Don't know who it might be. They can talk to guys who are coaching with a bye, but aren't yet.

15 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I actually wonder if we should hire a team building coach.. Quinn took smitties roster to the Superbowl and the mess we saw this year is more indicative of quinns roster 

Boyyyyy .. I disagree with this .. lol ... 

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

I exaggerated a little, but should we have just hired Quinn as our dc? Just saying, all this mess isn't making him look competent imo

6 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Wow this is one of the most revealing and extensive press conferences I have ever seen.  Lots of things going, so many good things to come. I hope it all works out, I believe it will. This makes me super excited! 

Can't wait to get home and watch this one, sounds intriguing!

Ergo Proxy likes this

22 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

We all know why Dan Quinn was primarily hired this should not be a surprise that bringing in a game-day management coach is a shock we don't really want Quinn gone we just need to approve on the way things are going several other guys do this because if you need a great coordinator sometimes you have to give him the head coach job, I don't think this is a bad thing at all, he didn't have head coaching experience when we hired him anyway

A lot of us here pegged this as an area that required improvement. I thought the only way for things to get better in game management, was for Quinn to leave, but like this way much better. 

This hints more of a Blank suggestion and move, since he likes to divide-up roles to maximize talent. Look at what he did in the front office, TD manages contracts, Pioli handles the draft, McKay handles League interaction, etc.

Shelley#37 and kiwifalcon like this

27 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Theres absolutely no reason not to have a situational coordinator. 

Coaching staff dollars are uncapped. Those decisions can often by impactful on the overall outlook of the game. 

Just hire a guy. 

Yeah. Wish Quinn would have gotten one sooner but I'm glad he's trying to improve...better late than never.

30 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I think we got our cues on what to expect with the following:

Wes (backup role)

Schraeder (cut)

Alford (cut)

Trufant (stays with team; restructure?)

Duke Riley (2nd team)

DeVondre Campbell (maybe didn’t play up to the level needed, only a support piece)

Tevin Coleman (not resigned)

If not Irvin, Beasley, Grady, Crawford, Senat, Takk...you ain’t back!

I think we can assume by "stepped-up", that he is addressing players that came in as replacements for the IR players. 

Your list is very good, would add Means and Neasman to the list of players "stepping-up". Sambrailo was a different situation, but very much put himself in the mix of things to come. 

Think Schweitzer will remain at LG, Alford will probably stay. Schraeder, Fusco, Bryant, and Reed will be cut. Campbell will play out his contract, has not lived-up to the hype. Again, you are right about Coleman, he is not a starting RB. He may come back if there is not a lot of interest from other NFL teams, but doubt that will materialize. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

26 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I exaggerated a little, but should we have just hired Quinn as our dc? Just saying, all this mess isn't making him look competent imo

Naw .. the guy has took us to the Superbowl and beat the Rams in the first round and shoukdve beat the eagles... 

Dude it's injuries and a bad season... 1 losing season... I'm not acting like this season he should get a pass...,But I do think it's a reason why we was in the position we are in ..

Quinn def has things he has to work on but the guy is a really good HC ... 

Looking at the steelers situation too... How that team is falling apart and how we went thru a rough *** part of the season (Mann that browns game) ...This team fought in my eyes.  They didn't give up on coach or tge season and I give quinn some credit for that.

56 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I actually wonder if we should hire a team building coach.. Quinn took smitties roster to the Superbowl and the mess we saw this year is more indicative of quinns roster 

Lol wut?

JDaveG likes this

42 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Careful jbo you'll be PMing this guy your salary in no time

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

Also sounds like he wants Bruce Irvin. I think that'll get done.

Everyone on IR is on back on track for TC.

Quinn mentioned Foye a few times and talked about first to second year leap. No mention of Duke.

Quinn said they're going to be looking for a gameday management coach...to help with situational timeouts, challenges, going for two or not, etc...hallelujah 

Sounds like Quinn is going to be riding the short yellow bus to games....I suspect these changes were highly suggested to him to make or else.

Gee-Q likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

What's wrong with that? Give Quinn credit for recognizing his opportunities and seeking help on them. The most successful people in the world are the ones who put their pride aside and aren't afraid to seek help.

Nothing is wrong with that.  I welcome it with open arms.  My statement was one of approval.

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Nothing is wrong with that.  I welcome it with open arms.  My statement was one of approval.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

This is a straight lie.  Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Jake Matthews on offense. 

Alford was the only on defense cause trufant was hurt.

Only one player from Smitty played on the defensive side of the ball in the superbowl.