Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Remember it could be far worse

38 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Falcons also, despite the season just ended, don't have the drams that so many other teams have. Look at Pittsburgh, where in successive years, they've pissed off the best RB they had to the point he won't play for them, then the best WR they had this year..

Excellent point.

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You don't touch another man's face like that.

You know that's Jeff Ulbrich, right ?

7 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I hate to see you all so upset about interviews with old coaches so I thought I would try to make everyone feel better. Please, no thanks required. 

M1200510507200343V2.jpg

I see your reference and raise you .....

Image result for petrino falcons

I'm all in .....

Image result for marion campbell falcons

Geneaut and Flying Falcon like this

21 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

You know that's Jeff Ulbrich, right ?

Would you let Jim Mora carress your perfectly shaped beard?

Geneaut likes this

8 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I hate to see you all so upset about interviews with old coaches so I thought I would try to make everyone feel better. Please, no thanks required. 

M1200510507200343V2.jpg

Dude, I thought I was gonna here something about Dan Henning OR Marion Campbell. 

That’a when you are hitting the Bottom! :lol:

Geneaut likes this

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Would you let Jim Mora carress your perfectly shaped beard?

I just thought it was crazy that guy is our LB coach now. Small world.

Jesus likes this

38 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

June Jones had our offense balling in 1994-1995.

there are some elements of the red gun that would be fun to watch Ryan,Julio,Sanu,Ridley and Freeman try and run. Rison,Metcalf,Mathis put up some numbers.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Yeah... poor ole Swamp Fox...

During his first stint at HC here, Pat Peppler gave him no players and then demanded that Rankin Smith fire him. 

Rankin didn't want to but had promised he would let him makemthe decision whether to keep him or not. Smith in the ultimate "deal with it" mode then made Peppler coach of the talentless team and then fired him after he finished 3-6.

Vermiel hired him and made him his DC in Philly and he did a pretty good job until Vermiel quit due to burn out and they handed him the reins there and fired him after 2 seasons I think...

Reenter the Falcons in search of a coach to replace the recently fired Dan Henning, but one thing Smith never counted on was that NOBODY would take the Falcons HC job. They offered Vermiel and tried to get him out of retirement and he said no... They offered Parcells... they offered Dan Reeves.. rebuffed by all, Smith in a drunken stupor offered the job to Campbell again (who had been working as Henning's DC). 

Campbell took the job feeling he owed it to Smith after all Smith had done for him, but I don't think he had ever really wanted to be a HC at all. 

What a joke of a franchise we were back in those days... pretty sure the Swamp Fox had Kim McQuilken as his QB part of his time here.

SMH

putnam6 likes this