Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Remember it could be far worse

38 posts in this topic

OT - not that this thread has a topic but my first pack of Topps football cards had June Jones in it. I really really wanted a Bart. 

gtech1 likes this

7 minutes ago, E. T. said:

That "Run and Shoot" was kind of an exciting thing to watch....between the 20's!

All they had to do inside the 5 was put a couple of extra tackles on the roster, call them TEs then push Ironhead through the line. 

E. T., Geneaut and The Daywalker like this

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

oof. 

Funny thing is he had 16 sacks in his first 3 years. We kinda need that production out of our LBs now!

I remember watching the Raiders game his rookie season, and he had 2 sacks, an INT and ran stride for stride with Bo Jackson on a long pass attempt. I thought he was the answer to my dreams.

putnam6 and Emmitt like this

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I remember watching the Raiders game his rookie season, and he had 2 sacks, an INT and ran stride for stride with Bo Jackson on a long pass attempt. I thought he was the answer to my dreams.

Our coaching was so bad back then. Honestly if he had gone anywhere else he might have lived up to his potential. 

The Daywalker and Geneaut like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Our coaching was so bad back then. Honestly if he had gone anywhere else he might have lived up to his potential. 

Can you imagine him in a Wide 9 pass rushing position? So much speed, and he was a big guy.

Edited by Geneaut

7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Can you imagine him in a Wide 9 pass rushing position? So much speed, and he was a big guy.

So many missed opportunities. Thus is the Falcons Motto.

VTCrunkler and Geneaut like this

Think we all had high hopes, but Aundray wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed,coaching had nothing to do with him holding up the pizza delivery guy with a bb gun. If I remember correctly Birds tried to shop the pick and had no takers. He got by in college cause he was a monster,but he had no technique or pass rushing skills.

Emmitt likes this

The Swamp Fox. Bad HC but I couldn't dislike him. Bringing him back the 2nd time was really a mean thing for the Smiths to do to him. He needed to stick to being a DC and retire with dignity.

And as a Tech fan it hurts me to say it, but he was a D@mn Good Dawg.

The Daywalker and putnam6 like this

Well i thought it was appropriate to bring those pictures up when taking about coordinators because Campbell was the Falcons DC and now so is Quinn...

and talk about old coaches... The swamp fox was a DC, HC, and then we rehired him as HC again...

Nothing will ever top that when it comes to regurgitating old coaches. 

Anyway... the Falcons have previously set precedent on rehires!

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Well i thought it was appropriate to bring those pictures up when taking about coordinators because Campbell was the Falcons DC and now so is Quinn...

and talk about old coaches... The swamp fox was a DC, HC, and then we rehired him as HC again...

Nothing will ever top that when it comes to regurgitating old coaches. 

Anyway... the Falcons have previously set precedent on rehires!

The Smith's were so backasswards Swamp Fox turned them down at first, till Rankin begged him to be the coach. Nobody wanted the job,nobody wanted to work for them. To the Smith's the Falcons were just an investment.

Geneaut likes this

Falcons also, despite the season just ended, don't have the drams that so many other teams have. Look at Pittsburgh, where in successive years, they've pissed off the best RB they had to the point he won't play for them, then the best WR they had this year..

Geneaut likes this

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Hiring him twice tho. God our FO sucked back then. 

But the Falcon is facing the wrong way! The wrong way!