Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

The Case for Koetter and mularkey over bell and kubiak

50 posts in this topic

Koetter and mularkey have the edge, believe it or not.  They both have worked with ryan. And does ryan really need another random coordinator? 

Koetter PF ranked 8, 20 and 12

Mularkey PF ranked 10, 13, 5, 7

Many can hate on them both for several reasons. But fact is they both have worked with ryan and gave us a top 10 offense.  If not for our sorry defense we won have been playing the ravens in the superbowl. However the defense blew so bad in the Seahawks game, that they scored with less than a minute and julio Jones had the inspection. And don't forget the announcers mocked our defense with saying "the seahawks offense has no grass stains on them the entire game". Then the 49ers game the fans are so loud the first half that it extremely helped our defense. But the second half the fans went to get drinks at halftime and were slow to return. Which caused the defense to play, which caused us to lose the game.  

..... Quinn is an idiot with trying to bring in a friend. Bevell was horrible for the seahawks so many times.  If not for that defense,  they wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs of a 7-9 record.  

....... Kubiak is a great guy. However ryan will have to learn yet again a new scheme.  Probably be meh the first season, do great the second season and then watch Kubiak leave to be a coach.  

lostnmexico and rugger8 like this

3 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Koetter and mularkey have the edge, believe it or not.  They both have worked with ryan. And does ryan really need another random coordinator? 

Koetter PF ranked 8, 20 and 12

Mularkey PF ranked 10, 13, 5, 7

Many can hate on them both for several reasons. But fact is they both have worked with ryan and gave us a top 10 offense.  If not for our sorry defense we won have been playing the ravens in the superbowl. However the defense blew so bad in the Seahawks game, that they scored with less than a minute and julio Jones had the inspection. And don't forget the announcers mocked our defense with saying "the seahawks offense has no grass stains on them the entire game". Then the 49ers game the fans are so loud the first half that it extremely helped our defense. But the second half the fans went to get drinks at halftime and were slow to return. Which caused the defense to play, which caused us to lose the game.  

..... Quinn is an idiot with trying to bring in a friend. Bevell was horrible for the seahawks so many times.  If not for that defense,  they wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs of a 7-9 record.  

....... Kubiak is a great guy. However ryan will have to learn yet again a new scheme.  Probably be meh the first season, do great the second season and then watch Kubiak leave to be a coach.  

Add in George Warhop and Ben Steele to the equation....who Koetter can bring from Tampa....and its a SLAM DUNK for Koetter!

How is Kubiaks scheme that different from what we are running now?

He uses zone blocking concepts.

Got a guy like Justin Forsett as one of the leading yard getters running the football when he was at the Ravens.FREEMAN is very similar in statue to this guy.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Got a guy like Justin Forsett as one of the leading yard getters running the football when he was at the Ravens.FREEMAN is very similar in statue to this guy.

Kubiak’s scheme isn’t that much different. He’s miles better than Koetter, Bevell, Mularkey, and Gase. 

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ryan was meh with Shanahan his first year. Meh with dark his first year.  So what do you think Kubiak first year will be? 

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Ryan was meh with Shanahan his first year. Meh with dark his first year.  So what do you think Kubiak first year will be? 

Familiarity with Koetter should win the day for Dirk!

rugger8 and mashburn*Fibonacci like this

Just now, lostnmexico said:

Familiarity with Koetter should win the day for Dirk!

Your going to hate me. But i'm more of a fan with mularkey.

*****HOWEVER****** koetter has a better HC expirence. And Quinn has stated he's taking over the defense. Which means he'll probably be looking for a partner and not a OC. 

lostnmexico likes this

Just now, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

*****HOWEVER****** koetter has a better HC expirence. And Quinn has stated he's taking over the defense. Which means he'll probably be looking for a partner and not a OC. 

No doubt he wants an offensive head coach. He had that with Shanahan. 

mashburn*Fibonacci and Geneaut like this

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Kubiaks running  game offense is pretty much a mirror of ours, sans terminology.  The difference is in the passing game.  There are vertical aspects to it. Shanahan utilized go routes and fades while Kubiak implements a more traditional posts and corners WCO.  

I would love to know if Kubiak employs much 21 personnel  like Shanny.  That’s tough on a defense.

Edited by Falconsin2012

31 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Never gonna hate you for that......It was Mularkey who developed Matt Ryan when he came into the league and Matty turned out fine.

mashburn*Fibonacci and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I don’t know but the idea that we’ll be starting from scratch when Kubiak and KS scheme concepts aren’t to different will be the difference in getting up to speed.

When Ryan swapped OCs from Koetter to KS he was doing something completely different.If we got Kubiak Ryan would basically be most of the way there the biggest learning curve will be a change in verbiage.I think they may take some time but it’ll be nothing like the curve Ryan first went through when he went to the WCO from the 4 vert offense Koetter liked to run.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kubiaks running  game offense is pretty much a mirror of ours, sans terminology.  The difference is in the passing game.  There are vertical aspects to it. Shanahan utilized go routes and fades while Kubiak implements a more traditional posts and corners WCO.  

I would love to know if Kubiak employs much 21 personnel  like Shanny.  That’s tough on a defense.

Yep but this is my thing the concepts are pretty much the same though.I think Ryan can get those down fairly quickly.Verbage too me is the nuance what a certain thing means with a different coordinator is the thing everyone in the offense will have to get up to speed with in my eyes.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yep but this is my thing the concepts are pretty much the same though.I think Ryan can get those down fairly quickly.Verbage too me is the nuance what a certain thing means with a different coordinator is the thing everyone in the offense will have to get up to speed with in my eyes.

Agreed.  I do think Kubiak would have to conform a bit.  He tends to not use a #3 receiver much...instead he gives those opportunities to his TE’s and FB’s...it made Sanders & Manning angry but Kubiak would not budge

Team #1 WR #2 WR #3 WR RBs #1 TE #2 TE FB
2014 Broncos 184 141 70 98 76 20 0
2012 Broncos 141 122 59 82 84 58 0
2014 Ravens 134 92 57 75 88 27 27
2012 Texans 163 88 33 74 104 40 44
Edited by Falconsin2012

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kubiak runs his system very similarly to Shanahan. And he runs a lot of vertical routes. I wouldn’t worry about him at all. He’s the Jedi. Kyle is the Padawan. 

Mullarky drew up his offense on papyrus in ancient Egypt using hieroglyphics and it hasn't advanced ever since. Only an idiot clamors to bring Mullarky back, his titans offenses Habitually suffered from the same problems we did at that time (unsophisticated route tree, and play tells that increase turnover margin). His scheme requires a top 5 RB to work and a power man blocking scheme. 

Koetter is the better fit, but also requires power man,

I say lets stop shoving round pegs in square holes and go with Bevell. 

Shelley#37 and FalconsIn2012 like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Kubiak runs his system very similarly to Shanahan. And he runs a lot of vertical routes. I wouldn’t worry about him at all. He’s the Jedi. Kyle is the Padawan. 

I wouldn’t be worried at all with Kubiak.  Though at this point, Kyle is The Master (said in my best Darth Vader voice).

Unfortunately we won’t see Matt run much no huddle under Kubiak.  That’s a plus to the Koetter guys

Edited by Falconsin2012
JDaveG likes this

I'd like to throw my name in the hat. I'm more of a defensive guy but I've seen enough of the NFL to get this offense going. Weekly attack plans. No system or scheme based bush it. In game adjustments in each quarter. Can handle the defensive side of the ball too. Know how to counter these 2019 Madden boys. Will volunteer to lead us toward the promised land. First year pro bono. Give me one interview and it's on. Rest for the weary.