Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

Is Kubiak The Best Choice

44 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

You and me both, which is why I want Kubiak.  He should do well with our toys.  

But he has been average his last 6 years as a playcaller

Yeah. He'll never have it better. If he just wants to coach football players and enjoy a second run at this stuff after illness and whatever, then he could have a blast running this offense. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

47 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Yeah. He'll never have it better. If he just wants to coach football players and enjoy a second run at this stuff after illness and whatever, then he could have a blast running this offense. 

His struggles the last 6 years make me wonder why he’d opt for Denver where there would be no great players at his disposal.  Our offensive talent could let him relive his 90’s dominance

YES KUBIAK IS THE VEST CHOICE. GIT R DONE

U WANT CHAMPIONSHIPS IR ONE N DUN?

GIT RRRRRRE'''' DONE

GIT RRRRRRRRRRRR DONE

GIT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DONE

People want Kubiak because they can’t get Shanahan out of their mind. Everyone is looking for that shanny “magic” again.  We also need to dig up those threads when Koetter and Mularkey was running the offense. People couldn’t wait for them to leave. Went from no screen game to too many screens. But let’s bring them back

falconfreek123 likes this

30 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

People want Kubiak because they can’t get Shanahan out of their mind. Everyone is looking for that shanny “magic” again.  We also need to dig up those threads when Koetter and Mularkey was running the offense. People couldn’t wait for them to leave. Went from no screen game to too many screens. But let’s bring them back

Ur right I cant get over those magical moments.... .......

I think about that year almost everyday..

That had to be one of the best teams ever....

Just how everyone was getting open

-that team could've beaten any team in NFL history that's right

4 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He had a top five offense, but #12 in scoring. The Bucs played from behind a good portion of the season and had no run game. They were forced to pass quite often. Koetter is an overrated OC that people look back on with rose colored glasses. Those of us who remember his crappy playcalling were happy when he was fired. I’ve seen how the Bucs offense was ran. Saw a lot of bubble screens and similar issues that plagued us when he was here. Hard pass. 

I wonder if there's a search filter that would allow us to just single out the years he was here and the word "predictable" :mmmhmm:

JDaveG and Sidecar Falcon like this

6 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Given that Quinn is going to be pulling double duty next season, he needs an experienced coach with a consistent track record of good play calling. Kubiak is the type of coach that can completely take control of the offense and allow Quinn not to worry about it. This is something Koetter, Mularkey, Gase, or Sarkisian couldn’t do. 

? There's a trend that we interviewing former OC that also have HC experience. Mm,DK, can take over the offensive side completely

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

? There's a trend that we interviewing former OC that also have HC experience. Mm,DK, can take over the offensive side completely

MM & DK can’t. They are former HCs but both failed miserably at it. GK wasn’t my first choice for coach. He was my fall back pick. However given his consistent history of his offense. As well as his success as HC means he is way more qualified than the other potential OC prospects. 

9 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

MM & DK can’t. They are former HCs but both failed miserably at it. GK wasn’t my first choice for coach. He was my fall back pick. However given his consistent history of his offense. As well as his success as HC means he is way more qualified than the other potential OC prospects. 

Agreed on GK. I think DK can control the offense with minimal oversight though. I wonder how much weight MR's opinion will hold, and wish I knew his honest opinion. I see it as either GK or DK though. Would really be surprised if Bevell is hired. Well not surprised but disappointed

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Agreed on GK. I think DK can control the offense with minimal oversight though. I wonder how much weight MR's opinion will hold, and wish I knew his honest opinion. I see it as either GK or DK though. Would really be surprised if Bevell is hired. Well not surprised but disappointed

I disagree with you on DK, based on what I remember from his offensive scheme we were shut down by the better defenses in the league consistently. The play calling was stale and predictable as well. I think he would require a lot more oversight than Quinn is able to give. That’s just my opinion though.

Honestly Quinn taking over the role of DC really limits our potential OC picks. Kubiak would be perfect because of his experience as a successful HC and DC. So he could pretty much work autonomously. I’d feel way more comfortable with him doing it than the others on the list. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I disagree with you on DK, based on what I remember from his offensive scheme we were shut down by the better defenses in the league consistently. The play calling was stale and predictable as well. I think he would require a lot more oversight than Quinn is able to give. That’s just my opinion though.

Honestly Quinn taking over the role of DC really limits our potential OC picks. Kubiak would be perfect because of his experience as a successful HC and DC. So he could pretty much work autonomously. I’d feel way more comfortable with him doing it than the others on the list. 

100% agree with paragraph two.  Don't really know enough to argue with paragraph 1. Just please no MM. His offense is #######

Sidecar Falcon likes this

12 hours ago, papachaz said:

I wonder if there's a search filter that would allow us to just single out the years he was here and the word "predictable" :mmmhmm:

To be fair, that's only because 70% of the board thinks an offensive play that does not work didn't work because it was "predictable."  When most of the time, it didn't work because a player (or two, or four, or whatever) didn't do his job.

29 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

100% agree with paragraph two.  Don't really know enough to argue with paragraph 1. Just please no MM. His offense is #######

Yeah. I’m very anti-Mularkey/Koetter/Gase. Not a fan of Bevell at all, but would understand why he was hired. I wouldn’t endorse him though until he proved himself to me

18 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Just playing a little devils advocate here.  For the record, Kubiak is my preference because of scheme, experience and ability to run his side of the ball without oversight.  Like Shanny, he also has an ego.  His success in the 90’s is without question.  But his stints as playcaller in Houston,  Baltimore & Denver are very hot & cold.  And for those claiming he wasn’t the OC, you are right.  But he called every offensive play so these years should be considered when evaluating him as a potential Offensive Coordinator.

Houston 

2006: 28th ypg & 28th ppg

2007:  14th ypg & 12th ppg

2008:  3rd ypg & 17th ppg

2009:  4th ypg & 10th ppg (Shanahan called plays this season which caused their rift).

2010: 3rd ypg & 9th ppg

2011:  13th ypg & 10th ppg

2012:  7th ypg & 8th ppg

2013:  11th ypg & 31st ppg

Baltimore:

2014:  12th ypg & 8th ppg

Denver:

2015:  16th ypg & 19th ppg

2016:  27th ypg & 22nd ppg

I think Darrell Bevell is the best choice. that what my gut says.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

If I go on the Internet, all I see are mainly articles talking about Kubiak staying in Denver to be OC and an occasional side article about him coming to Atlanta - is there anything that would convince him to come to Atlanta other than a once-great offense and money?