Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lostnmexico

Matt Ryan on Dirk Koetter

36 posts in this topic

On 1/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, lostnmexico said:

I think we all know who Matt wants to be his coordinator: Ryan's top two single-game efforts in terms of passer rating were 155.9 and 148.4 under Koetter

I hope Koetter comes back and I believe he will.  Never wanted to see him go and look forward for the second time around.....

I doubtt it. The Falcons seem to be waiting on someone from one of The 2018-19 NFL Playoff teams.

He's going to need a ProBowl O-Line and smarter and quicker WRs. He won't run or roll-out, and the run game won't be featured. Actually,  RB Coleman fits that better.

Only years where our running game was completely nonexistent was when Koetter was our OC. NEXT!

On 1/2/2019 at 11:36 PM, PokerSteve said:

I don't know who'll be happier if Koetter comes back, Dirk or Mattie Ice. Might be a tie. They'll both love it.

Lol no, it's not happening. 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, lostnmexico said:

I think we all know who Matt wants to be his coordinator: Ryan's top two single-game efforts in terms of passer rating were 155.9 and 148.4 under Koetter

I hope Koetter comes back and I believe he will.  Never wanted to see him go and look forward for the second time around.....

Wow. Ryan's best two single-season efforts in terms of passer rating were 117.1 and 108.1, both in Shanahan's outside zone WCO scheme. DQ wants to keep that scheme, and I'm sure Ryan does too. I do remember Ryan saying something to the effect of "we're gonna kill teams with this offense" to Shanahan in 2015, and that's what he's been doing.

If 35+ TDs and 10> INTs is what we're gonna keep getting from Ryan with this scheme, then no thanks to Koetter. Quoting some article from months ago doesn't mean ish.

I guess we're going to forget the running bubble screen jokes and the fact that he ran a high school playbook. Everyone here is in rebound mode and going through their black book thinking.. hey we could have made it work.  

No no no. He's terrible. 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:42 PM, PokerSteve said:

Amen. We just about abandoned that and Matt is great with it. I especially like the hurry-up no huddle. Just keep lining up, snapping the ball and grind the defense to pulp.

Agree with that. The only caveat is we need run options from those hurry up sets. In fact, that's my only real criticism of Koetter in general. 2 to 1 pass to run ratio.

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, SyCo said:

I guess we're going to forget the running bubble screen jokes and the fact that he ran a high school playbook. Everyone here is in rebound mode and going through their black book thinking.. hey we could have made it work.  

No no no. He's terrible. 

Why is this guy even allowed to talk on the message boards?  He just made fun of Dirk Koetter who did NOTHING wrong to him and he has a picture of carrot top as his avatar which is very disturbing and down right RUINING my experience on the message boards.  Please look to ban or force him to change his picture

Edited by R_The_Great

5 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Why is this guy even allowed to talk on the message boards?  He just made fun of Dirk Koetter who did NOTHING wrong to him and he has a picture of carrot top as his avatar which is very disturbing and down right RUINING my experience on the message boards.  Please look to ban or force him to change his picture

Carrot Top!  Ok thats who that guy is......I thought it was Agent Smith in Drag!

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, cwell1 said:

Only years where our running game was completely nonexistent was when Koetter was our OC. NEXT!

In his defense the starting RBs were Turner ( last season ) and Jackson. Yikes.

In Jax and TB he has Top 5 rushing attacks as OC.

Edited by Geneaut