Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geneaut

Falcons’ safety Keanu Neal gives update on recovery process post-ACL tear

15 posts in this topic

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-safety-keanu-neal-gives-update-on-recovery-process-post-acl-tear

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Falcons lost starting strong safety Keanu Neal during their season-opener against the Philadelphia Eagles. He went down early on in the game with an apparent knee injury but came back in leaving hope the injury wasn’t a significant one.

That wasn’t the case.

Neal tore his ACL, was subsequently placed on injured reserve and missed the entire 2018 season.

The former first-round pick began running this week, nearly four months after that Week 1 loss in Philadelphia.

 

“You just have to appreciate the small victories,” Neal said. “You can’t look too far into the future. You just have to take it a day at a time. You just have to appreciate the little things.”

Neal wouldn’t put a timetable on when he’s expected to be back at full strength, but did say that he’s focused on taking his rehab process one day at a time.

“I’m doing everything can,” Neal said. “Just working taking it a day at a time. Treating rehab like practice.”

Tandy, Drew4719, NCCooley and 9 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-safety-keanu-neal-gives-update-on-recovery-process-post-acl-tear

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Falcons lost starting strong safety Keanu Neal during their season-opener against the Philadelphia Eagles. He went down early on in the game with an apparent knee injury but came back in leaving hope the injury wasn’t a significant one.

That wasn’t the case.

Neal tore his ACL, was subsequently placed on injured reserve and missed the entire 2018 season.

The former first-round pick began running this week, nearly four months after that Week 1 loss in Philadelphia.

 

“You just have to appreciate the small victories,” Neal said. “You can’t look too far into the future. You just have to take it a day at a time. You just have to appreciate the little things.”

Neal wouldn’t put a timetable on when he’s expected to be back at full strength, but did say that he’s focused on taking his rehab process one day at a time.

“I’m doing everything can,” Neal said. “Just working taking it a day at a time. Treating rehab like practice.”

Get well keke. He quickly became a house hold name in the NFL. TD's grade on 1st rounders isn't great but Neal def was a soild AF pick at that spot. We are better with him than without him. I think a steady roatation of him and Kazee back there will be a smart move till Neal is at a true 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only plus side to all of the major injuries happening early in the season is that by mid-season next year Neal and Allen should both be close to 100%.  Both of their injuries are 12+ month for full recovery.

Geneaut and Halcon-1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Get well keke. He quickly became a house hold name in the NFL. TD's grade on 1st rounders isn't great but Neal def was a soild AF pick at that spot. We are better with him than without him. I think a steady roatation of him and Kazee back there will be a smart move till Neal is at a true 100%

I think it’s a myth that TD’s not a good drafter. 

Drew4719, Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

I think it’s a myth that TD’s not a good drafter. 

Especially in the first round.

He’s always gotten us serviceable guys throughout the midrounds. Good value here and there with the Freeman’s, Vance walkers, Grady jarretts, Rico Allen, etc. hasn’t really bombed a first rounder since he’s been here. Maybe peria, but i think everyone would agree he looked to be a different guy before the injury.

its TDs FA moves that have been back breakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Especially in the first round.

He’s always gotten us serviceable guys throughout the midrounds. Good value here and there with the Freeman’s, Vance walkers, Grady jarretts, Rico Allen, etc. hasn’t really bombed a first rounder since he’s been here. Maybe peria, but i think everyone would agree he looked to be a different guy before the injury.

its TDs FA moves that have been back breakers.

Exactly. People are quick to forget that Jerry was a completely different player before blowing out his knee.

And beyond Ray Edwards and Dunta, the FA moves have been OK. Haven't been terribly active tbh. Sanu and Mack were the best finds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Exactly. People are quick to forget that Jerry was a completely different player before blowing out his knee.

And beyond Ray Edwards and Dunta, the FA moves have been OK. Haven't been terribly active tbh. Sanu and Mack were the best finds.

Left some to be desired for me. Edwards, dunta, asamoah, soliai.... serviceable guys but we overpaid and I was advocates for all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Left some to be desired for me. Edwards, dunta, asamoah, soliai.... serviceable guys but we overpaid and I was advocates for all of them.

True say. I was a huge Soliai fan. Asamoah too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites