Tandy

Poll - Who do you want and who do you think for OC?

Let's get the fan's thoughts - Who you got?   144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as the OC based on the current rumors

• Gary Kubiak
    • Dirk Koetter
    • Darrell Bevell
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Adam Gase
    • Freddie Kitchens
    • Rick Dennison
    • Other - Name him in your comments
  2. 2. Who do you actually think will become the OC?

• Gary Kubiak
    • Dirk Koetter
    • Darrell Bevell
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Adam Gase
    • Freddie Kitchens
    • Rick Dennison
    • Other - you name him in your comments

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

One thing people forget about Kubiak is that he has always called the plays when Head Coach. And his last 2 years in Denver were bad.  Their Offensive DVOA in 2015 was -8% and in 2016 -12%.  It’s why local Broncos fans don’t really want him back as OC

Yea but he also had a washed up Peyton and Osweiler as his QB's. Kubiak with Ryan and this offense would thrive

Ergo Proxy likes this

It’s an interesting this one because a lot of OCs in this league would kill for this job.

Kubiak is my ideal because it’d be like putting on a old pair of slippers.Familiarity WCO it couldn’t really go much better if I’m honest.

Koetter much the same as above different offense but very familiar to Ryan but would have to incorporate a more effective running game.

Bevell is someone I’ve watched from a far but haven’t really seen enough to get a grasp if he’s really the right fit.Its clearly a fit with DQ but I’ll push the wait and see button on this guy.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea but he also had a washed up Peyton and Osweiler as his QB's. Kubiak with Ryan and this offense would thrive

Kind of true.  Remember that Denver averaged over 30 ppg the year before Kubiak. Then Manning was taken out of no huddle and put under center, none of which he liked.  Thus an 11 ppg drop in production.

The good news is I want Ryan under center.  Also want Ryan in  no huddle but it won’t happen with Kubs 

Edited by Falconsin2012

16 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I would like Kubiak, but I expect Koetter. 

Same here.  I don’t really have an issue with Koetter though.. just not my first choice.

11 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Like getting sick of the toss sweep? Prepare yourself for getting sick of the WR screens if memory serves me right.

That is if Koetter's is hired of course.

I forgot about that. . . 

21 hours ago, CTann said:

I’ve seen multiple times on TATF where someone associates the no-huddle with Koetter, but it was Mularkey who often utilized the no-huddle from 08-11. Koetter abandoned that approach.

I want Kubiak because he has the most HC experience, and his offensive scheme is more similar to our current one. I expect Dirk to be named OC. Watch Dirk come on as OC, Mularkey gets TE job, and Robiskie comes back to coach WRs (Morris to DBs), and Knapp stays in his current role. It’d be a reunion of former Falcons coaches. 

Thank you for bringing this up. That's the way I remember it too. These guys were btchin bad about Kutty, Shanny and Sark not running the no huddle enough.

CTann likes this

7 hours ago, Lornoth said:

All season long people complained about how Sark was doing too many deep drops for Ryan and not enough Play Action. Koetter's system is designed around 7 step drops and he's not particularly heavy on the playaction. Also I've heard a lot of people make a very strange statement about how Koetter was good last time with no running game, so now, with both, he should be amazing. Koetter's the reason we had no running game, he wanted to pass the ball 50 times every game. 

Just seems like everyone's forgetting all the things they complained about last time Koetter was here/thinking they'll somehow be different this time around.

Yeah there's a lot of amnesia running rampant on this board.

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kind of true.  Remember that Denver averaged over 30 ppg the year before Kubiak. Then Manning was taken out of no huddle and put under center, none of which he liked.  Thus an 11 ppg drop in production.

The good news is I want Ryan under center.  Also want Ryan in  no huddle but it won’t happen with Kubs 

You and I want Ryan under center. Quinn wants to run the ball. Ryan wants to run no huddle. TATF wants deep Madden balls. Sounds like Mularkey might be the right man for the job.

Tandy and FalconsIn2020 like this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You and I want Ryan under center. Quinn wants to run the ball. Ryan wants to run no huddle. TATF wants deep Madden balls. Sounds like Mularkey might be the right man for the job.

Ryan was from under C a lot for Kyle in 2016. I got no problem with this.

Ryan no huddle isn’t necessarily what he wants.

No huddle is situational. Strategic. Not the foundation; just a chess move at certain times, like 2 minute offense or to start 3rd Q etc.

We stopped going under C as much due to bad OL and no run game, IMO.

Idk who to expect as OC right now. I think that’s a good thing as fans.

Especially them using the “some guys are in playoffs we want to interview” line.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
JDaveG likes this

Posted (edited)

Found this tweet from Aaron Freeman. No idea about the methodology to arrive at these numbers, but, if accurate, it would appear to favor Bevell....

DwAh3VuX4AA1E8V.jpg

Edited by Goober Pyle

based on the fact  the FO never does what is expected - it will probably be Kitchens or someone not on the list.