Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy

Poll - Who do you want and who do you think for OC?

Let's get the fan's thoughts - Who you got?   144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as the OC based on the current rumors

• Gary Kubiak
    • Dirk Koetter
    • Darrell Bevell
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Adam Gase
    • Freddie Kitchens
    • Rick Dennison
    • Other - Name him in your comments
  2. 2. Who do you actually think will become the OC?

• Gary Kubiak
    • Dirk Koetter
    • Darrell Bevell
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Adam Gase
    • Freddie Kitchens
    • Rick Dennison
    • Other - you name him in your comments

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Nobody expected the Sark in 2017.

Quinn is gonna surprise us all.

Sean McVay would surprise me :)

Just now, Jesus said:

Watch out for....Sean Payton.

LOL - that would be great - give us all the Saints secrets!

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

It's hard not to read the handwriting on the wall isn't it? Kubiak is a nice dream, but it's going to be Koetter due to his  experience and good rapport with Mattie Ice. Honestly I will be okay with that, and with Robiskie too.

One thing people forget about Kubiak is that he has always called the plays when Head Coach. And his last 2 years in Denver were bad.  Their Offensive DVOA in 2015 was -8% and in 2016 -12%.  It’s why local Broncos fans don’t really want him back as OC

I believe Koetter gets the job, based on the fact that Kubiak will be back with Denver in some capacity. It won't hurt my feelings to have Dirk back. I think what I miss the most from his days here is his propensity to run the no-huddle with Matt. Matt is so good in that capacity, and I believe our weapons can be unstoppable with a guy like Dirk leading them. (along with some O line upgrades)

Geneaut and PokerSteve like this

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

Kubiak is a no brainer, Blank needs to fire up the jet...I think we end up with Bevell because we all know as Falcons fans we cant have nice things

Thinking the same. I don't have any faith in Quinn suddenly abandoning his 'give jobs to my friends' thing.

5 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Thinking the same. I don't have any faith in Quinn suddenly abandoning his 'give jobs to my friends' thing.

I hope this does not happen. I will then lose the little faith I have remaining in Quinn.

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I want Kubiak.  I expect Bevell.

And I think Bevell will be far better than people here seem to think.  Could be Koetter, but honestly, that's basically going to require a re-tooling of the line, when we could do a very minor upgrade to 1 G position and maybe increase depth at T and have a serviceable unit with Bevell.  I also fear Koetter's scheme without a rock solid o-line, which we clearly do not have.  I've seen that movie before.

There are others I'd like -- Rick Denison, Musgrave, etc.  But I think Bevell is the most likely person to actually get the job.

thanks for saving me the time to type all that, because that's almost word for word what I was thinking...Honestly, if we can't have Kubiak, I think I'd be more inclined to want to see Dennison, hasn't he worked with Kubiak and Shanahan?

JDaveG and Sidecar Falcon like this

7 minutes ago, papachaz said:

thanks for saving me the time to type all that, because that's almost word for word what I was thinking...Honestly, if we can't have Kubiak, I think I'd be more inclined to want to see Dennison, hasn't he worked with Kubiak and Shanahan?

He’s a Kubiak disciple basically. Would be a great fit here. 

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

Want Kubiak but I have a feeling it’ll be Bevell or some random. I’m praying it isn’t Koetter, Mularkey, or Gase. Those three are the worst possible selections for this team given the circumstances. 

papachaz likes this

I’ve seen multiple times on TATF where someone associates the no-huddle with Koetter, but it was Mularkey who often utilized the no-huddle from 08-11. Koetter abandoned that approach.

I want Kubiak because he has the most HC experience, and his offensive scheme is more similar to our current one. I expect Dirk to be named OC. Watch Dirk come on as OC, Mularkey gets TE job, and Robiskie comes back to coach WRs (Morris to DBs), and Knapp stays in his current role. It’d be a reunion of former Falcons coaches. 

I would love Kubiak, but I'm thinking Bevell with his connection to Quinn in Seattle.

That's normally how things go around here right? The buddy system.

Now if Koetter returns, I hope he understands the oline here needs some serious work!

Pacific_Falcon likes this

I'm going with Dirk and Bevel..I want Digler because I kringe at the thought of Ryan having to learn another offense. But my gut tells me Quinn goes with the Seattle guy

I feel like a lot of people do't remember what Koetter's system was actually like. 

Kubiak would be ideal because his system would require the least adjustment personnel-wise, so if we're looking to win now (Now is the only time Falcon fans seem able to consider) he's the one. 

11 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

I would like Mr. Dirk Koetter, and I expect Dirk Koetter.

Like getting sick of the toss sweep? Prepare yourself for getting sick of the WR screens if memory serves me right.

That is if Koetter's is hired of course.

4 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I feel like a lot of people do't remember what Koetter's system was actually like. 

Kubiak would be ideal because his system would require the least adjustment personnel-wise, so if we're looking to win now (Now is the only time Falcon fans seem able to consider) he's the one. 

Meaning? I remember a lot of bubble screens lol, but also the four verticles philosophy his system was designed around (at least that’s what I seem to remember). 

As for the winning now thing, I do think our window is closing. After 3 years we will be seeing Julio and Ryan in a pretty heavy decline IMO

3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Meaning? I remember a lot of bubble screens lol, but also the four verticles philosophy his system was designed around (at least that’s what I seem to remember). 

As for the winning now thing, I do think our window is closing. After 3 years we will be seeing Julio and Ryan in a pretty heavy decline IMO

All season long people complained about how Sark was doing too many deep drops for Ryan and not enough Play Action. Koetter's system is designed around 7 step drops and he's not particularly heavy on the playaction. Also I've heard a lot of people make a very strange statement about how Koetter was good last time with no running game, so now, with both, he should be amazing. Koetter's the reason we had no running game, he wanted to pass the ball 50 times every game. 

Just seems like everyone's forgetting all the things they complained about last time Koetter was here/thinking they'll somehow be different this time around.