Ryan2White

Mike mularkey??

117 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Ugh.  It's not his playbook or scheme that bothers me.  It's his approach to the game.  In 2010, he basically conceded the field past 20 yards because he was afraid of the Giants' pass rush.  As a result, we got hammered in that playoff game.  In 2011 the offense was better, so I can almost say "well, with the right pieces he can get it done."

He can, but there are so many better options.

We did, but that was also a much younger and rawer matt Ryan against a ferocious pass rush. Veteran Matt is a lot more in tune with game and game speed. I just don’t see free fitting in as primary back with either bevell or mularkey. We drafting a big back?

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

We did, but that was also a much younger and rawer matt Ryan against a ferocious pass rush. Veteran Matt is a lot more in tune with game and game speed. I just don’t see free fitting in as primary back with either bevell or mularkey. We drafting a big back?

Free would be fine with Bevell.  Remember, Lynch wasn't exactly a huge back either.  He wasn't Freeman small, but he wasn't big.  

Mularkey is a different ballgame.  He likes to have a bellcow.

falcons007 and Falconsin2012 like this

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I didn't even think about that.  Mularkey would be drawing **** up in the dirt :lol:

I'm tellin you bro. Go watch that behind the back hand off to Snelling. Or any of the shuttle passes for TDs. That was one of Ryan's favorite Mularkey plays. None of the other OCs knew how to run it. Ryan kept the Mularkey throwback wheel play too. Not to mention all the bomb plays. I think with a 2019 Matt Ryan dude could cause some problems. Would need to alter the roster though. That's a good thing.

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm tellin you bro. Go watch that behind the back hand off to Snelling. Or any of the shuttle passes for TDs. That was one of Ryan's favorite Mularkey plays. None of the other OCs knew how to run it. Ryan kept the Mularkey throwback wheel play too. Not to mention all the bomb plays. I think with a 2019 Matt Ryan dude could cause some problems. Would need to alter the roster though. That's a good thing.

I actually agree. Different Matt.

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I miss Snelling. He was a Fantastic Beast. 

Vandy, VTCrunkler, JDaveG and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Mularky actually did a great job here with a rookie an. We were top 10 points scored in all his years and ran a balanced offense. Matt is so different now that it might be a good match if no Kubiak. And mularkey is smashmouth based

what say you @Vandy and @Knight of God

Hmmmm.....I believe Mularkey was the perfect 1st NFL OC for a young QB lke Ryan. :)

Just now, Vandy said:

Hmmmm.....I believe Mularkey was the perfect 1st NFL OC for a young QB lke Ryan. :)

He was that. I am also intrigued by MM with vet Matt, vet Julio , Sanu, Hoop and I think Saubert and hoop would really shine under him.

I see a big bruising back getting drafted or signed if we go MM or even bevell.

Vandy likes this

Some of these interviews are leading me to believe AB is having a hand in the coordinators and some of these candidates (and maybe even the actual coordinators picked) may simply be yo appease the boss and save their hides for another season

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

He was that. I am also intrigued by MM with vet Matt, vet Julio , Sanu, Hoop and I think Saubert and hoop would really shine under him.

I see a big bruising back getting drafted or signed if we go MM or even bevell.

Much like with Koetter, I don’t want to leave WCO for another OC’s system. Matt’s too good in this offense to scrap it.

Just now, Vandy said:

Much like with Koetter, I don’t want to leave WCO for another OC’s system. Matt’s too good in this offense to scrap it.

He is, but this offense has had trouble sustain8ng long time eating drives.. goal line and short yardage issues and the running game in general is feast or famine. It’d be nice to see Matt hand the ball off more and rest our defense

Vandy and Tandy like this

2 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Some of these interviews are leading me to believe AB is having a hand in the coordinators and some of these candidates (and maybe even the actual coordinators picked) may simply be yo appease the boss and save their hides for another season

I believe some of them are just courtesy to former employees who didn't raise a stink on their way out in the past, and also maybe casual prods to Kubiak to make up his mind. Just my guess. 

JDaveG likes this

9 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I miss Snelling. He was a Fantastic Beast. 

Me too bro. One of my favorite Falcon underdogs. 5'll 235 pound 4.6 guy with epilepsy. Had plenty heart and want to. Swiss Army Knife. Mularkey knew how to use him. We need a guy like that on the roster in 2019.

Geneaut, The Don™ and JDaveG like this

19 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

He is, but this offense has had trouble sustain8ng long time eating drives.. goal line and short yardage issues and the running game in general is feast or famine. It’d be nice to see Matt hand the ball off more and rest our defense

True, but .....and I know you know this....you can have that in WCO as well. Bevell did it in Seattle with M Lynch. 

JDaveG and red falcon like this

23 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I believe it's Blank, Ryan and Julio. Dimi and Quinn are on the hot seat.

This feels more like Ryan saying wait a minute these guys need a revisit.

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

True, but .....and I know you know this....you can have that in WCO as well. Bevell did it in Seattle with M Lynch. 

You keep saying that cuss word (bevell)

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Mularky actually did a great job here with a rookie an. We were top 10 points scored in all his years and ran a balanced offense. Matt is so different now that it might be a good match if no Kubiak. And mularkey is smashmouth based

what say you @Vandy and @Knight of God

We also had Mike Turner running fools over. Matt needed a Mike Turner as a rookie ad if it wasn't for a Brookings mess up Matt and the dirty birds may have reached the super in his rookie season. Matt out grew mularkey and it was obvious. It could be that he has def watched Matt's career unfold and has a great plan for him. But if mularkey is pushing his 2008 play book than no thanks. 

MSalmon and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I believe it's Blank, Ryan and Julio. Dimi and Quinn are on the hot seat.

This feels more like Ryan saying wait a minute these guys need a revisit.

I could see that. I often wondered if Matt really clicked with Sark. 

14 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I could see that. I often wondered if Matt really clicked with Sark. 

I believe Matt and Mularkey could get in a room and craft up something the league wouldn't be ready for. It's been seven years since they worked together. Matt was 26. I think it would be a good match. Better than Kutty or Bevell. Julio would love it. He's never bested his rookie yards per reception number in Mularkey's offense.

2 hours ago, Ryan2White said:

Alex marvez says he interviewed today.

20190102_172950.jpg

Rooney rule....Andy Rooney rule - have to interview so many stubborn old white men to meet the requirements. LOL!