Ryan2White

Mike mularkey??

117 posts in this topic

Just now, atljbo said:

Jesus.  It's just a interview... it can be just for the TE position... TE/ assistant head coach to help with game management since DQ is running the D.

Let's not over react... We are interviEwing alot of ppl

We are.. but the tweet says for the OC job.Just surprised Is all.

10 minutes ago, Ryan2White said:

We are.. but the tweet says for the OC job.Just surprised Is all.

The one I saw by Tom P also said the TE position

We should have just fired everyone especially Quinn and hired Mike McCarthy. Then go a D coordinator. Instead we are picking off the trash pile. 

Mularky actually did a great job here with a rookie an. We were top 10 points scored in all his years and ran a balanced offense. Matt is so different now that it might be a good match if no Kubiak. And mularkey is smashmouth based

what say you @Vandy and @Knight of God

Emmitt and Knight of God like this

But I'm sure this is most likely worst case scenario. Best case I see this as a TE coaching position and him being apart of the OC triumvirate. With Mularkey, Knapp, and whoever we hire, that's three OCs. Look at what it did for TD. Also gives DQ another former HC to bounce off of. 

We could do far worse, but he's not exactly my favorite choice. If we are getting a former OC I would prefer Captain Dirk. 

There were things about Mularkey's offense I liked a lot - such as his run game and tendency to win TOP.

What I didn't like was his stubbornness and inability to give up control when it was best left on the field and the somewhat lacking explosive plays. 

Jen, atljbo, Geneaut and 2 others like this