FalconFanSince1969

Lots of talk about the jags blowing up their roster

59 posts in this topic

There's a lot of rumblings that Leonard fournette will be moved this off season. He still has a few more years on his rookie deal and since he was a 1st rounder he will have that 5th year option as well. 

This is a move I would seriously consider depending on the price. Everybody wants turner 2.0 well this guy is it. He's had health problems, but he wouldn't be the first guy to get over them and have a successful career. Being in a timeshare with freeman could possibly alleviate some of that as well. 

Call the jags now! 

falconsd56 and papachaz like this

Like the idea of having LF and his running style.  We need that type of back but he brings some baggag as well 

Not sure exactly what happened to the Jags this past season since I don't keep up with them, but I would certainly dig in to see if they have some pieces we could use.

Nope. Fournette is injury prone. Been hurt since college. His shelf life is going to be shorter due to his style. I like his game but I dont want him in ATL. Its also very likely he goes nowhere. Young RBs arent moved unless they are unproductive. That said Raiders did trade Cooper and Mack. Ill pass

3 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Nope. Fournette is injury prone. Been hurt since college. His shelf life is going to be shorter due to his style. I like his game but I dont want him in ATL. Its also very likely he goes nowhere. Young RBs arent moved unless they are unproductive. That said Raiders did trade Cooper and Mack. Ill pass

So don't resign him after his deal is up. I agree that he's been injury prone. 

I like all our RBs. I think it makes more sense to go outside the box. I would look for guys at other positions (DT, TE, etc...) to be a potential short yardage back. In this day and age I think it's better to have two similar well rounded backs than a lightning/thunder combo. It tips off your play calling too much otherwise.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So don't resign him after his deal is up. I agree that he's been injury prone. 

His injuries this season had alot to do with his conditioning starting the season.. Guy blew off ota's and admitted he wasn't in shape early in the season.. If he gets his discipline back I'd take him 

Umm, the Falcons issue isn't at RB after watching the Falcons this year. They have a good secondary, which we need. All 4 dlineman are better than ours. There is really nothing about there offense Id pull from. You get a good Oline, anybody can run behind it. Ask Emmitt. 

vitaman likes this

43 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

I would love to have him.  Probably out of our price range with what we are paying Freeman.

He’s under rookie contract if traded. They just voided some guarantees

4 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I wouldn't touch LF. He is a cancer who refused to show up for his team's last game.

IIRC He was there. Just was inactive and sitting on the bench not even paying attention to the game bull****ting with yeldon.

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'd take a pass. I'm like the guy who thinks we'll be OK at RB. If Free is healthy. Might need a FB upgrade. But that could depend on what the new OC wants to run. If we do need one, a min vet, UDFA or 7th rounder might get it done.

I’d prefer we take Jacobs (Bama) in 4th rd 

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

LF is the truth.  We need him.

LOL you hate everyone on our team but think Leonard Fournette is good.

He gets suspended, can't stay healthy and when he's actually on the field he has a career 3.7 YPC. 

HASHBROWN3, Falcons In 2012 and vel like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

There's a lot of rumblings that Leonard fournette will be moved this off season. He still has a few more years on his rookie deal and since he was a 1st rounder he will have that 5th year option as well. 

This is a move I would seriously consider depending on the price. Everybody wants turner 2.0 well this guy is it. He's had health problems, but he wouldn't be the first guy to get over them and have a successful career. Being in a timeshare with freeman could possibly alleviate some of that as well. 

Call the jags now! 

No thanks. More than health issues, he has attitude issues.

And even when healthy, he’s shown to Be nothing like Michael Turner, at least not when Turner was in his prime.

18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d prefer we take Jacobs (Bama) in 4th rd 

This guy is talkin some sense!!