Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MSalmon

My Draft Crush: Raekwon “Man Beast” Davis

143 posts in this topic

Just now, Geneaut said:

Bring him home. 

I know it sounds crazy but I’d move up for him. He is so long, playswith leverage and a pass rusher to boot. Mixing him in with Grady just sounds good

Knight of God likes this

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I know it sounds crazy but I’d move up for him. He is so long, playswith leverage and a pass rusher to boot. Mixing him in with Grady just sounds good

I'm not adverse to this. We have a full slate of draft picks so we have capital to spend if needed. 

Knight of God likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

I'm not adverse to this. We have a full slate of draft picks so we have capital to spend if needed. 

My dream draft would be Devin white with our first round...he’s better than Campbell or Foye. And move back in first round and grab Raekwon 

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

My dream draft would be Devin white with our first round...he’s better than Campbell or Foye. And move back in first round and grab Raekwon 

I know it's still real early as far as draft plans, but I have yet to read anything that makes even half as much sense as this. Even a mushy soft reactive defensive scheme like ours would be hard to handle with these two added to the mix.

Geneaut and KCFalcon22 like this

Havent seen him mocked in first yet , and I've been looking at every mock I can find, take that back did see him in one.  Not saying he's not good but just goes to show how much talent on def line is out this year

1 minute ago, DMT11 said:

Havent seen him mocked in first yet , and I've been looking at every mock I can find, take that back did see him in one.  Not saying he's not good but just goes to show how much talent on def line is out this year

I haven’t either. I’m curious how he’ll test at combine. It is a very good DT class. And he’s one of those guys that if you overdraft a bit it’s hard to complain.

He is projected in mocks to be drafted in our pick area. He is our guy and can play outside or inside. Great pick but will TD do it. I also agree we need help at LB. 

MSalmon likes this

Just now, ramonezy said:

Over 300lbs - check

Over 6'5" - check

Relentless motor - check

Yeah... I can definitely get behind this 

Add legit pass rush moves like swim, club and bull rush to that

Geneaut and Godzilla1985 like this

4 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

He is projected in mocks to be drafted in our pick area. He is our guy and can play outside or inside. Great pick but will TD do it. I also agree we need help at LB. 

Yeah, if White was at our pick, I might have to go Devin. That gives us 4 legit speedsters in the backfield if we count Riley and Foye as rotational pieces. And of course Campbell has one more year with us. 

Itd be interesting to see us in 3 LB looks moving Debo or Smith at WLB

23 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Davis Fan as well, unfortunately I really wanted Oliver or Quinnen, but he will do. I think De-Andre Baker will be a bust.

I’m not digging baker either. I know he’s the Thorpe winner but I just don’t like his long speed at all. In that Missouri game he got flat out torched vertically. IMO he’s a zone guy, but not exceptionally long, fast and has tight hips. Certainly not an upgrade over Tru. 

I think with kazee, tru, maybe rocky, Kazee we’re fine 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Is he a pass rusher at all? Don’t know too much about him, but from what I’ve heard and read on him, seems to me like he’s mainly just a space eating NT. 

Posted (edited)

With 9 picks I'm not sure we need to move up,  could be generational draft for us, I like so many of these def t , I really really like Dexter , I mean he takes up two guys every time and if we keep Vic and Irvin, there will big holes for them to.shoot through to the QB , Simmons and wilki s is also that guy possibly, rashan Gary I keep seeing mocked to us but he's more of a faster quick guy that moves around the line like Bennet, hybrid tackle end,  we could use either but can wait for draft day is my point here lol

Edited by DMT11

5 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I’m not digging baker either. I know he’s the Thorpe winner but I just don’t like his long speed at all. In that Missouri game he got flat out torched vertically. IMO he’s a zone guy, but not exceptionally long, fast and has tight hips. Certainly not an upgrade over Tru. 

I think with kazee, tru, maybe rocky, Kazee we’re fine 

When did he get burnt against Mizzou?

I like him and would look at him in the 2nd round. His stock has taken a hit this year. He didn’t produce the sack number he did last year and Williams outplayed him. However, this draft is so loaded with DTs that his draft range could be mid 1st round to mid 2nd round

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

52 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Davis is 6’7” 316 pounds of athletic fury. Think a much more polished Hageman. 

I like Davis too but, could you tell me what he is? I see Drafttek has him as their #2 overall 1-tech, he's also seems to be a pretty good 3-tech and I think he's powerful enough to be an end. I want him and another guy for the dline but,  My problem is, where do you put him? Or does he just roam based on the situation? 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

When did he get burnt against Mizzou?

You see him getting beat vertically in several other games as well. He just doesn’t have elite long speed. 

Watch him in some games and you’ll notice it. He’s a zone guy. A borderline first rounder IMHO because if lack of elite length and speed

i think he’ll have a good career in a zone scheme where he’s protected. He’d fit ours if DQ z but he’s a Desmond king and not worth. First rounder where we pick

Dutty Ole Bird likes this