Followers 0
ki46dinah

Julio is the man...

73 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RLD said:

What has Ryan done that is so-great?

Win season MVP.

Made it to a SB.

How many other QBs other than the obvious ones have that on their resume?

Geneaut likes this

2 minutes ago, RLD said:

That guy they want to call Matty Ice, but it is really Matty Choke. He can't win in BIG situations. He choke's-up.

Nope. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Agreed... QBs are obviously more valuable to teams than WRs, and Matt Ryan is a great one but there are clearly several other QBs in the league that are as good or better than Matt. That is definitely not the case with Julio. The only three WR are comparable in talent are Brown, OBJ, and Nook and out of all of them only Nook is not a complete headcase. When it comes to leadership, talent, production, consistency and over-all impact on the field Julio is on a class all by himself.

For sure. I think Julio is reaching the territory of top 5 all time WR. It's not definitive yet. But if he can play at this level for 3-4 more seasons, I don't see how he's not in the conversation with Moss, TO, Marvin, and those guys. He's ridiculous. Physical freak of nature, amazing teammate, maturity. He's the perfect football player.

Geneaut likes this

30 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

A lot stands out to me about this stat, he's played less games than all of the other guys. Less targets than all of them but still more catches than Moss and Calvin. ****...

quickzero, falcons007 and Geneaut like this

1 minute ago, RLD said:

Like I said, The Falcon's " WILL-NEVER " win a SB, with Choke as the QB. Personal accomplishments doesn't win a SB. Yes, he will have his 150 million, but the Falcons and the fans still don't have a SB win they can yell about.

1st. Conjecture on him being a SB winner eventually. 

2nd. Winning a SB is a team effort. From Owner down to waterboy. 

3rd. Matt had one of the best SB runs by a QB ever. That is indisputable. He ran into the GOAT QB and the GOAT HC and took them to overtime. Nothing for him to be ashamed of. 

15 minutes ago, RLD said:

Like I said, The Falcon's " WILL-NEVER " win a SB, with Choke as the QB. Personal accomplishments doesn't win a SB. Yes, he will have his 150 million, but the Falcons and the fans still don't have a SB win they can yell about.

I bet you were one of those people who said that the Falcons wouldn't make it to a SB with Ryan.

10 minutes ago, RLD said:

Football is a " TEAM " game. Personal Accomplishments matter only to the individual. He can win 5 MVP's, doesn't really matter to most fan's, me anyway. Ryan should have said, spend some money on the OL, without them, I don't win my MVP.

Okay, now you say it's a "team" game but yet your entire narrative this thread has been blaming Ryan for "choking".

You asked me what Ryan has done that was so great and I said win MVP and made a SB appearance. I asked you how many other QBs other than the obvious ones have those on their resume?

Geneaut likes this

6 minutes ago, RLD said:

Yep!!! but Ryan is suppose to be the leader. That is why he got his 150 million and he didn't lead. Oh, yes he got his personal numbers up there. But no playoff. Now the play calling I think had a lot to do with not winning. But, Ryan makes a lot of misstakes when he is rushed.

Every QB makes mistakes when they are rushed.

That's just like saying water is wet.

Now on to Julio.....

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Why are you guys feeding this RLD, wannabe swift, troll?  Just ignore him and he will go away.

Swift was 10X the troll this guy is. Swifty at least played the game with a little skill and panache. 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

2 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Why are you guys feeding this RLD, wannabe swift, troll?  Just ignore him and he will go away.

I'm not replying anymore.

That was my last response to him if it isn't about Julio and the topic of this thread.

Geneaut likes this

6 minutes ago, RLD said:

If you are talking about Julio. He want's more money. He isn't one of the top money WR's. Even though HE did sign the contract.

What...what are you talking about? Lol your trolling is very low tier my guy, dare I say childlike.

Stryka likes this

7 minutes ago, RLD said:

Yep!!! but Ryan is suppose to be the leader. That is why he got his 150 million and he didn't lead. Oh, yes he got his personal numbers up there. But no playoff. Now the play calling I think had a lot to do with not winning. But, Ryan makes a lot of misstakes when he is rushed.

Ryan had a top 3 QB rating under pressure. Do you even watch or read?? Seems like you are trolling. Ryan had a 144 QB rating in superbowl. Dude had a 5:1 TD/INT ratio in a year where he had the 27th ranked run game and backups at LG, RG and RT. Ryan is the best thing that happened to the Falcons. Period. 

quickzero, JDaveG, Geneaut and 2 others like this

49 minutes ago, RLD said:

What has Ryan done that is so-great?

The one thing he hasn't done that will be our greatest feat is win a Super Bowl - and that is the one thing he needs to bring to Atlanta.    However, to say he hasn't been a contributor or done great things as a quarterback is just negligent.   He has, without a doubt, been the greatest quarterback Atlanta has had as a starter.  Some of his accomplishments in Atlanta:

3rd in career TD passes for 1st 11 years in NFL history behind Peyton Manning and Dan Marino.    Next Falcon QB on the list is Bart at number 46 and no other Falcons on the top 100.

1st in career passing yards for 1st 11 years in NFL history.   Next Falcon on the list is Bartkowski at #51.   No other Falcons on the top 100.

3rd in career completion percent for 1st 11 years among all quarterbacks with at least 3000 passes (had to narrow down all the guys throwing only a few passes) behind Drew Brees and Kurt Warner.   Next Falcon on the list is Bart at number 56.   No other Falcons on the list.

5th in career wins over the first 11 years in NFL history behind P Manning, Brady, Big Ben and Favre.    The next Atlanta QB is Bartkowski at number 60.   There are no other Falcons on the list.

Tied for most comeback wins in NFL history for the first 11 years with P Manning.    The next Atlanta QB is Bart at number 20.    Vick is at #54 but less than half of those comebacks were in ATL.

Tied for most game winning drives in NFL history for first 11 years with P Manning.    The next Atlanta QB is Bart at number 32.   Vick is at #78 but half of those drives were in ATL. 

Falcons winning percent before Ryan = 40%.   Falcons winning percent after Ryan = 58%

Falcons playoff years before Ryan = 8 out of 42 years  (once every 5-1/4 years).    Falcons playoff years after Ryan =  6 out of 11 years (once every 1-3/4 years)

Falcons back to back winning seasons before Ryan = 0.     Falcons back to back winning seasons after Ryan = 5.   

Division Championships before Ryan = 3 out of 42 years.    Division Championships after Ryan = 3 out of 11 years.

Only Falcon to win NFL Most Valuable Player

Falcons Single Season Passing Leader - #1 through #7 and all 11 years are in the top 22 - with only 2009 (missed 2 games) being below #15.    

Falcons All Time Passing Leader in yards, TD, Completion percents (over 10 attempts), TD percent (over 100 TD), Interception percent, QB record, Rating (QB w/more than 3 starts), 4th quarter comebacks, Game Winning Drives, Average yards per pass (QB with more than 3 starts)

Falcons have 24 total post season and Ryan started in 10 of those games (41.6%).   

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

The one thing he hasn't done that will be our greatest feat is win a Super Bowl - and that is the one thing he needs to bring to Atlanta.    However, to say he hasn't been a contributor or done great things as a quarterback is just negligent.   He has, without a doubt, been the greatest quarterback Atlanta has had as a starter.  Some of his accomplishments in Atlanta:

3rd in career TD passes for 1st 11 years in NFL history behind Peyton Manning and Dan Marino.    Next Falcon QB on the list is Bart at number 46 and no other Falcons on the top 100.

1st in career passing yards for 1st 11 years in NFL history.   Next Falcon on the list is Bartkowski at #51.   No other Falcons on the top 100.

3rd in career completion percent for 1st 11 years among all quarterbacks with at least 3000 passes (had to narrow down all the guys throwing only a few passes) behind Drew Brees and Kurt Warner.   Next Falcon on the list is Bart at number 56.   No other Falcons on the list.

5th in career wins over the first 11 years in NFL history behind P Manning, Brady, Big Ben and Favre.    The next Atlanta QB is Bartkowski at number 60.   There are no other Falcons on the list.

Tied for most comeback wins in NFL history for the first 11 years with P Manning.    The next Atlanta QB is Bart at number 20.    Vick is at #54 but less than half of those comebacks were in ATL.

Tied for most game winning drives in NFL history for first 11 years with P Manning.    The next Atlanta QB is Bart at number 32.   Vick is at #78 but half of those drives were in ATL. 

Falcons winning percent before Ryan = 40%.   Falcons winning percent after Ryan = 58%

Falcons playoff years before Ryan = 8 out of 42 years  (once every 5-1/4 years).    Falcons playoff years after Ryan =  6 out of 11 years (once every 1-3/4 years)

Falcons back to back winning seasons before Ryan = 0.     Falcons back to back winning seasons after Ryan = 5.   

Division Championships before Ryan = 3 out of 42 years.    Division Championships after Ryan = 3 out of 11 years.

Only Falcon to win NFL Most Valuable Player

Falcons Single Season Passing Leader - #1 through #7 and all 11 years are in the top 22 - with only 2009 (missed 2 games) being below #15.    

Falcons All Time Passing Leader in yards, TD, Completion percents (over 10 attempts), TD percent (over 100 TD), Interception percent, QB record, Rating (QB w/more than 3 starts), 4th quarter comebacks, Game Winning Drives, Average yards per pass (QB with more than 3 starts)

Falcons have 24 total post season and Ryan started in 10 of those games (41.6%).   

Ice also had b2b winning seasons in 16' and 17' which would be 7 total.  Is that correct?

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ice also had b2b winning seasons in 16' and 17' which would be 7 total.  Is that correct?

I was just counting the number of times a winning season came after a winning season. - 2008-2009 = 1    2009-2010 = 2   2010-2011=3   2011-2012 = 4   2016-2017 = 5

We did have a run of winning seasons from 2008-2012 (5 years) and if you are counting total winning seasons (add 2016, 2017)  then it's 7.

10 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I was just counting the number of times a winning season came after a winning season. - 2008-2009 = 1    2009-2010 = 2   2010-2011=3   2011-2012 = 4   2016-2017 = 5

We did have a run of winning seasons from 2008-2012 (5 years) and if you are counting total winning seasons (add 2016, 2017)  then it's 7.

I remember never having any b2b's for 42 years. Just for giggles, have the Panthers broken that curse yet? 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

A lot stands out to me about this stat, he's played less games than all of the other guys. Less targets than all of them but still more catches than Moss and Calvin. ****...

If he did not miss 17 games he would already be over 12k which is insane to think about prior to hitting 30.

I can’t stand threads like this because it’s so obvious how good he is we have to constantly state the obvious.

And for all the fools that wanted trade or not pay this guy.

Fool is the operative word go by yourselves a mirror stare look,Whose the fool your looking right at it.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I remember never having any b2b's for 42 years. Just for giggles, have the Panthers broken that curse yet? 

No, but remember - they only came to be 24 years ago.