Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons front office knows who the new Offensive coordinator is going to be?

56 posts in this topic

I thought that when the Falcons immediately fired Sark and all the coordinators after the season ended they had a plan. On defense they did. Let DQ run the defense. But it appears they don't have a plan for offensive coordinator. With all the growing pains we could go through I was expecting a big name like Kubiak. So my questions are when do you guys think the Falcons will name a coordinator? And do you think the Falcons front office and Quinn had a plan on who the new offensive coordinator was going to be when they fired Sark? Or are they just winging it? Your thoughts?

Certainly more than we or anyone in the media do.  Remember when they got Quinn when everyone was desperate for them to make a move and they were content to wait until the SB was over?

papachaz and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

They know who they want and do have a plan.....it’s only been two days. I’d say Dirk comes back if Kubiak turns it down

Yeah I am sure they have reached out to Kubiak. They're going to do their due diligence in the mean time until he makes his decision. 

Elway doesn't sound confident when he says Kubiak will be back with the Broncos...We'll see

JDaveG, PokerSteve and papachaz like this

I’m pretty sure they already have their guy lined up.

We may have to wait for a team to be eliminated in playoffs but I’m pretty sure they already know who they want.

They could also be working on negotiations for one not in playoffs as we speak.

They knew that they could not continue with their Coordinators.  Besides the DC position, I doubt they had anyone set in stone.  They probably made their decision a few weeks ago and starting formulating their lists.

This might take time.  Kubiak is certainly a terrific candidate, but I am sure there are quite a few good candidates out there. 

2 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Quinn and Sark were butting heads towards the end of the year.  That usually doesn't end well if it carries into the next season.

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No, they did not already have their guy lined up. They have some ideas, but nothing is certain. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be interviewing. 

They were still interviewing while waiting for DQ to come available and DQ was their guy the whole time. This board was apoplectic too, even the AJC was spreading panic and claiming Blank was running off quality HC prospects they interviewed like Rex Ryan. 

I said back then the fans needed to take a huge handful of Xanax and stop listening to Schultz.  Ryan has already been fired and Blank outsmarted everyone.

PokerSteve and Flyin' In DC like this

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

They were still interviewing while waiting for DQ to come available and DQ was their guy the whole time. This board was apoplectic too, even the AJC was spreading panic and claiming Blank was running off quality HC prospects they interviewed like Rex Ryan. 

I said back then the fans needed to take a huge handful of Xanax and stop listening to Schultz.  Ryan has already been fired and Blank outsmarted everyone.

Got anymore of that Xanax? 

PokerSteve, gazoo and Flyin' In DC like this

7 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Our offense was poorly coached, period. Inconsistent game plans, dropped passes, chronic penalties, play well against weak teams and get crushed the following game by a good team. 

I saw all I needed last years playoffs when we crushed the Rams and then couldn’t get a 1st down against Philly, losing 10-14 and being eliminated from playoffs.

The inconsistency continued to follow us again this year, same pattern. Only 6 other NFL teams had an easier schedule than the Falcons last year. We had way too much talent on this offense to play so inconsistently.

Posted (edited)

Im sure they are doing their due diligence on who they want as OC. I just dont want them signing someone without interviewing a few candidates for the job. I believe they signed Sark right away without interviewing anyone else. Sark wasnt a horrible hire but it wasnt great. It was good enough at times but some of his play calling was questionable. I kinda want them to hire Koetter so Ryan can run the no huddle again. 

Edited by UniteandConquer

19 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Our offense was poorly coached, period. Inconsistent game plans, dropped passes, chronic penalties, play well against weak teams and get crushed the following game by a good team. 

I saw all I needed last years playoffs when we crushed the Rams and then couldn’t get a 1st down against Philly, losing 10-14 and being eliminated from playoffs.

The inconsistency continued to follow us again this year, same pattern. Only 6 other NFL teams had an easier schedule than the Falcons last year. We had way too much talent on this offense to play so inconsistently.

Here's a disturbing stat...

Quinn said it over and over again. The coaching staff was being evaluated not based on a few games but over the course of their tenure here so far...

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

LOL , this is true. I always figured it was Quinn too, but until they interviewed him and he’s said yes it wasn’t a sure thing.

It’s not a sure thing now either (ala Kubiak), with a contingency if he says no. They have a list probably with a preliminary ranking, but I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be a process if he doesn’t want the stress of the job.

To me, Gase makes the most sense, but he may be getting HC offers. So they have to have a plan B and C. Wouldn’t surprise me if this takes awhile, which is fine by me. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 minutes ago, vel said:

I love how yall always assume the team is clueless if you don't know every single thing they are doing so you can judge it. They JUST fired their coordinators two days ago. Give it some time!

Agreed. There's a plan of some sort. I imagine it is this:

1. Wait on Kubiak to say yes or no

2. In the meantime continue to interview other people in case the answer from Kube is 'no'. See Koetter for example. 

Karst41, Vandy and 11=team like this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Agreed. There's a plan of some sort. I imagine it is this:

1. Wait on Kubiak to say yes or no

2. In the meantime continue to interview other people in case the answer from Kube is 'no'. See Koetter for example. 

This.

Its a wait and see game.

Geneaut likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This.

Its a wait and see game.

Unless you are worried that both guys are firm 'no's' then it's about the best plan you have. Bevell or Knapp are your extreme fallback position. 

Edited by Geneaut

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

No, they did not already have their guy lined up. They have some ideas, but nothing is certain. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be interviewing. 

Now now you know logic isn’t wanted or accepted around here...

Vandy likes this