TheFalcoholic

If & When Coleman Walks

76 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree but I think there's a pretty good chance his departure is going to come back to haunt us with Free's running style and concussion issues. Just have to keep our fingers crossed he doesn't go down because we can't afford everybody. 

I think we should sign Kareem Hunt if NFL let's him play. He got a rookie contract.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think we should sign Kareem Hunt if NFL let's him play. He got a rookie contract.

The dude has put himself in a really bad situation with his multiple assaults though. He may be too big of a headcase to be in the NFL.

5 hours ago, KCartledge85 said:

I hate when the UGA fans post this. RB was not a need at the time. We had a massive need along the defensive front at that time, and that’s what we spent our round 1 pick on

u mean Vic Beasley ??

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

19 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I'm beginning to believe every day now we missed the boat with Gurley.. I hate the Rams, but love to watch that man run the ball

I think about this some but I also think we would be in a similar position as the steelers (letting bell walk)... We can afford top tier QB,WR,RB,C, and LT money towards those guys .   And paying guys on D like we need too

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

On 1/2/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jesus said:

Anyone can run behind a good line with a working scheme. Not sure what you saw from Coleman that makes you think the team can't win without him.

If you’re responding to my original post, I’m not sure what you read that says I think we can’t win without him. 

On 1/1/2019 at 11:39 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im still not comfortable that Freeman will ever complete another season as a Falcon.. He's really let us down 2 years straight and no one knows his knees condition or if he can take another concussion.. If he's our #1 RB going forward.. Dosnt that make u uneasy? 

2 years straight? Wut? 

14 games, 1200 AP yards in a time share, 8 TDs, 5.1 yards per touch isnt "letting us down." 

Backs get hurt. It happens all the time. 

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

2 years straight? Wut? 

14 games, 1200 AP yards in a time share, 8 TDs, 5.1 yards per touch isnt "letting us down." 

Backs get hurt. It happens all the time. 

He'll be 3 years older if the next time he can play a full season healthy for us. I would have to believe his knee injury is significant to be put on IR when we desperately needed a run game this season. Freeman will be 27 next season, and with his injury history I hope he's plan B

58 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

He'll be 3 years older if the next time he can play a full season healthy for us. I would have to believe his knee injury is significant to be put on IR when we desperately needed a run game this season. Freeman will be 27 next season, and with his injury history I hope he's plan B

He missed one year. He didnt go on IR because of a knee injury, he went on IR because of a groin injury, for which he had surgery. Soft tissue injuries happen for RBs all the time. 
The team should always be looking to add quality players to the rotation, RBs included. 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, PokerSteve said:

Agree but I think there's a pretty good chance his departure is going to come back to haunt us with Free's running style and concussion issues. Just have to keep our fingers crossed he doesn't go down because we can't afford everybody. 

It might.. as much as I’ve always liked Free the injuries are concerning.  IF he comes back like he was then we kept the right back though IMO.  Doesn’t really matter, we can’t afford to keep both and can’t trade/release Free without a huge cap hit until 2020.

Side note:  Grady’s about to get paid big $.

PokerSteve likes this

On 1/1/2019 at 11:30 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im about ready to lose it with the Falcons fascination with scat backs.. Ffs, let's get another Turner please 

Different blocking scheme. We'll see what they do in the line but I wouldn't hold my breath on another Turner type. There aren't too many of them left in the league for a reason and the few that remain aren't very consistent (Fournette, Henry, Blount, Lynch). It's a dying breed.

1 minute ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Different blocking scheme. We'll see what they do in the line but I wouldn't hold my breath on another Turner type. There aren't too many of them left in the league for a reason and the few that remain aren't very consistent (Fournette, Henry, Blount, Lynch). It's a dying breed.

Agree 3-4 years should be the time period to keep a good working back in this nfl.. But if we draft one every 4 years I'll be good with that. 

Rb's know coming into the NFL there days are short.. Freeman should be ecstatic with the contract we gave him

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m not as in love with Freeman, Ito, and Hill as the rest of the board

Bring me Bell or Fournette. HeII, when is Derrick Henry available? 

Knight of God likes this

We need a FB plus 3 Oline men and nothing about this staff says they know how to find those type of players so I kinda doesn't matter who we bring in IMO next year will probably be a rebuild 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

19 hours ago, osiruz said:

Mark it here first, Coleman is staying.

Agreed - he is too good of a blocker and pass catcher.  Freeman is a better runner (assuming he is back to 2016 form) but is a terrible blocker and not as good of a catcher as Coleman.

Plus, people keep acting like it is that difficult to pay Coleman $6 million/year yet they see no problem with paying Alford $9 million or even Sanu $7 million.

At the start of the season it was a complete given that Coleman was going to walk in large part due to his stock. Now he has a unimpressive season as the number 1 guy under his belt and he shouldn't be as confident that he can carry the load alone.

At the very least the number of teams willing to throw that same money at him has to be DRASTICALLY lower and I can definitely see him not diving on an offer to be the guy at a bad team that would effectively end his career. He can take a reasonable contract here and play a respectable career. I mean snelling did as the number 3 guy. 

That being said Atlanta may let him walk. He was very unimpressive this season and he would still be a pretty significant cap hit on top of what we are paying Freeman at the position. Its probably time to pick someone up no matter what. Maybe a second rounder. Let Coleman walk and be prepared for Freeman to go down again? Idk. Dont look at me. I wanted Gurley. What a miss that was huh? Vic Beasley is circling the drain so fast it's easy to forget he even plays here anymore.