TheFalcoholic

If & When Coleman Walks

76 posts in this topic

Ito looked good out there. Hard to think someone won’t be added though. I love Freeman, but I do fear his concussion issues take him from playing long term.

If Freeman stays healthy, I’m good with those 3.

PokerSteve likes this

12 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Are you guys good rolling into 2019 with Freeman, Smith & Hill? Bring someone in? Mid round draft pick? 

I think I’d be fine with those three, but none of them have the long speed of Coleman. So I think we would sign/draft somebody with similar speed to have as an option.

PokerSteve and KCFalcon22 like this

18 minutes ago, octoslash said:

If and when Coleman walks, he'll probably trip on his shoelaces.  

Just sayin' 

*slip*

31 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Are you guys good rolling into 2019 with Freeman, Smith & Hill? Bring someone in? Mid round draft pick? 

We need a big downhill back that can catch.. That would give me so much wood! 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

28 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

Ito looked good out there. Hard to think someone won’t be added though. I love Freeman, but I do fear his concussion issues take him from playing long term.

If Freeman stays healthy, I’m good with those 3.

Im about ready to lose it with the Falcons fascination with scat backs.. Ffs, let's get another Turner please 

PokerSteve, Vepil, papachaz and 2 others like this

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I'm beginning to believe every day now we missed the boat with Gurley.. I hate the Rams, but love to watch that man run the ball

then Freeman would have definitely been gone cant pay both him and Gurley and its obvious who you would want to keep.

⚡Slumerican⚡ and putnam6 like this

Just now, caponine said:

then Freeman would have definitely been gone cant pay both him and Gurley and its obvious who you would want to keep.

Im still not comfortable that Freeman will ever complete another season as a Falcon.. He's really let us down 2 years straight and no one knows his knees condition or if he can take another concussion.. If he's our #1 RB going forward.. Dosnt that make u uneasy? 

Malachore likes this

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im still not comfortable that Freeman will ever complete another season as a Falcon.. He's really let us down 2 years straight and no one knows his knees condition or if he can take another concussion.. If he's our #1 RB going forward.. Dosnt that make u uneasy? 

thats why i said “ its obvious who you would keep”. I would keep Gurley over Freeman, but it definitely concerns me

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Maybe one of the reasons we brought in Langford?  Lessen the blow of losing Coleman if it happens?  Jeremy Langford does have the same type of skillset as Coleman...shifty straight ahead runner with strong pass catching skills...

19 minutes ago, caponine said:

thats why i said “ its obvious who you would keep”. I would keep Gurley over Freeman, but it definitely concerns me

Right, but we honestly need to draft or sign another rb this offseason.. Coleman definitely isn't the answer to our run game, we need a big, strong rb that can go north to south.. We havnt had a back like that since Turner imo and how beneficial would that be to Ryan.. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

I would rather we just ignore RB in the draft altogether.

Solidify the OL, if Freeman and Ito either cannot stay healthy or produce with a presumed better OL then we find an RB in the 2020 draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Cheap Talk and shc like this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

If and when Coleman walks, he'll probably trip on his shoelaces.  

Just sayin' 

Just want to say thank you. 

octoslash likes this

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Maybe one of the reasons we brought in Langford?  Lessen the blow of losing Coleman if it happens?  Jeremy Langford does have the same type of skillset as Coleman...shifty straight ahead runner with strong pass catching skills...

No disrespect, but Jeremy Langford has bounced around and has barely played the league for a reason. 

He has nowhere near the skills Coleman has. 

Not saying Langford can’t be an RB3, but that’s it.

Much love, brother! 

Edited by WiscoFalcon
mtldirtybird and ZoneOne01 like this

41 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I'd draft someone in the mid rounds. Got to look at Freeman's long term replacement. 

this. or at least someone who can take those Coleman snaps. Ito and Free play similarly aside from Free's violence. Need a Kalen Ballage type.