Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falconfreek123

Texas Georgia- Sugar bowl- in New Orleans

16 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

How awesome would it be if we can win this today and Eagles/cowboys/seahawks

Win the next week

Cowboys and Seattle play eachother 

11 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

UGA and the Falcons are mirror images of each other. 

They truly are. It's sad they can't get out of their own way. These past 3 years should have been the start of a golden era for the top sports programs in Ga.  Falcons should have won the SB and should have gone back in 17. Dawgs should have won the NT and at least give back to the playoffs this year's. UA just won their championship and the Braves are building a nice young talented team. Would have been an awesome 3 years for Ga sports. 

PokerSteve and FalconinPA like this

16 minutes ago, RLD said:

Was Sark calling plays for Georgia last night? Was Matty Choke wearing #11? They looked pathetic. Texas came to play, they were ready to play Georgia wasn't. Kirby Smart isn't like his name it seams.

Oh the irony..

16 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This is why Bowl games are soooo overrated.

If it's not for a championship teams just mail it in.

Stop with the “UGA didn’t care” 

thats just a cop out when teams get beat in a bowl game

sdogg likes this

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That’s what happened..

Know for a fact that a bunch of players were more into partying than practicing and the coaches had to get onto several players about not practicing seriously.  Some of the "injuries" were discipline issues

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don't know their collective mindset, but the dawgs just weren't into it from the start. If they actually did mail it in, they mailed a real holiday sack of **** to their fans.

There is no doubt that some players didnt ball out because they wanted to be in playoffs. The letdown was inevitable. Leaders and coaches should have gotten them amped for the sugar bowl. It didnt work. Georgia looked lackadaisical from the jump. Truth also is if you slow down UGA run game. Fromm isnt gonna beat you. Lol. Im just mad they let the SEC down. Bums. Lol

PokerSteve likes this

I don't get the mindset of a athlete at such a high level, would go into a game and just not care if the guy in front of them whips their tail. I get pissed if a lose a Cornhole match with my buddies, with only a few bucks on the line. NFL scouts are still watching these guys and their demeanor. I guess this young generation just doesn't have pride in itself, if they truly just pack it in. 

PokerSteve and FalconsIn2012 like this

43 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Stop with the “UGA didn’t care” 

thats just a cop out when teams get beat in a bowl game

40 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I don't know their collective mindset, but the dawgs just weren't into it from the start. If they actually did mail it in, they mailed a real holiday sack of **** to their fans.

When teams are legitimately playing for a National Championship and they don't make it they know the bowl games mean nothing.  If it's a team that's never been in a bowl game that's trying to prove themselves it's a different story.

I've seen it too many times because even before the playoffs the SEC Championship game became a National Championship playoff game.  The year Alabama lost the SEC Championship game then got run over by Utah more than proved it to me.

Bowl games have always been fluff and why I always thought they should have had a playoff system in place.  The 1st 5 minutes in a true championship game vs a bowl game is a completely different level and intensity.  

rogueleadersf likes this