ya_boi_j

Alford says he’ll bounce back

76 posts in this topic

I hope he does but I am not willing to gamble all that money we could get by cutting him. I wish him well in the future.

Rocky has some gamer in him. He has made some big plays over the course of his career. He still doesnt show me the physicality and discipline that he should have consistently. One play he is chopping the RB down at the LOS....next play a WR is pushing him 10 yards off the ball. I wanna see the dog he has more consitently. The penalties and big plays have to stop as well.  

Im wondering if playing him more inside at NB will allow him to get away with more holding and grabbing as he wont be on a island on the outside. His speed would be an upgrade over Poole who is physical but lacks speed and agility with the elite slot guys.  That said....I dont like the inconsistency and its been an up and down ride with him for a long time. Lets do better. 

16 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

I'll take Alford every day over "Run Away From The Play Trufant". At least Rocky plays with a competitive spirit. Trufant is well practiced in the art of not being in the vicinity to make a play, therefore he is the worthless one in the secondary.

Thats me too. I'll take an effort guy over a coward like Trufant every time.

Flying Falcon likes this

17 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sign of desperation.....if Manuel was fired why would he not let go!

Heyl no!!! Hes trash....and not even fit to be a water boy! 

Most teams backups are better than him.

Falcons dont have onjob training time and leisure to wait around till this clown gets better! 

Trufant is solid. Why the hate? Because he doesnt get INT? He doesnt get a penalty a game like Alford. He is our only consistent DB. Drew brees and others have picked on Alford and avoided Trufant  for years. 

If Alford is open to a restructure, I'm all for bringing him back. He had a down season but he's still a guy you want in your secondary. Let him go and then what? Replace him with a rookie? What if Oliver starts slow? Right now, when healthy, our secondary is still deep. Tru and Alford both had rough years. Get a legit pass rush and get your safeties back and they should look better. Having guys like Oliver and Kazee to deploy now should make the secondary more multiple, which is always a plus in a passing league. Why cut Alford just to need to replace him with a competent corner? Look at hard it is to find competent corner play in this league. 

18 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Trufant is trash. Trashy Trufant. The guy shys away from contact, doesn't want to turn his head around, and lost a step. What else do he has to offer?

Trufant's contract is not cuttable. Alford's is. They both suck.

Dr Long Shot likes this

Posted (edited)

I still like Alford. He actually PICKS OFF PASSES, unlike our "#1" CB. He also tackles, unlike our "#1" CB. 

He's a scrappy guy. They don't call him Rocky for nothin'. If he's aware of his slide this year, and has vowed to fix it, I would rather trust him than not.

I think we should do a 1 year incentive laden prove-it deal at similar money to this year. It will prove to be worth it. Otherwise, we're gonna be looking at this guy somewhere else still starting 5 years from now like Brent Grimes.

Edited by since68andcounting

7 hours ago, atlshocker said:

Trufant is solid. Why the hate? Because he doesnt get INT? He doesnt get a penalty a game like Alford. He is our only consistent DB. Drew brees and others have picked on Alford and avoided Trufant  for years. 

Both Trash. Trashfant does nothing but spot his Wr the first down and congratulate him on not getting hurt after the catch. He is also allergic to tackling the RB.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Hate all you want but this is a man owning up to his bad play. This is a classic tweet that wasn't meant to please anyone but to give a sort of accountability of himself. I would not be surprised if he does have a bounce back year. He came from a small school and has to fight and claw his way to be a Pro. He clearly knows he did t play up to his standards. I would watch for him to restructure and have one of his best seasons. Not best but better than this year. Al can play in this league- he just needs to get his mind right. I'll put my money on the underdog who been thru it all to rebound. Hope we keep him under a new deal. 

Posted (edited)

On 1/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Only took 16 games this season to realize he needed to play better.

Edited by ant.accurate

14 hours ago, vel said:

If Alford is open to a restructure, I'm all for bringing him back. He had a down season but he's still a guy you want in your secondary. Let him go and then what? Replace him with a rookie? What if Oliver starts slow? Right now, when healthy, our secondary is still deep. Tru and Alford both had rough years. Get a legit pass rush and get your safeties back and they should look better. Having guys like Oliver and Kazee to deploy now should make the secondary more multiple, which is always a plus in a passing league. Why cut Alford just to need to replace him with a competent corner? Look at hard it is to find competent corner play in this league. 

That's my gut on this as well, but requires a restructure.

It would save us from taking a CB high this draft. Then again, BPA might be CB at our spot. What would we do then? I hate the value vs reach issue b/c people gonna rip you either way. Oliver projecting just fine would be a big stress relief.

But I am on board with fixing the pass rush and front 7 first. A CB swap was really Alford and/or replacing Wreh-Wilson. About it.

OL, RB situation/TE depth/WR turnover the issues on other side of ball.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Trufant is trash. Trashy Trufant. 

LOL...Trashy Trufant is catchy & sounds like a ‘Garbage Pail  Kids” card 

They had some good ones: Messy Meghan..Adom Bomb...Pinned Penny...Listless Larry

Anybody remember more names

Edited by Falconsin2012
Flying Falcon likes this

On 1/1/2019 at 0:59 PM, The Don™ said:

I can't see him being brought back with his cap hit. He was below average this past season. Idk if you can bank on him bouncing back when you can use that ~8 million on the lines. 

We'll have Kazee next year more at CB next year too so it helps with depth. Hybrid CB/FS role according to Quinn.

Side note... interesting idea brought up on 92.9 the other day going forward. Assuming Neal and Allen are ready to go Week 1 next year, in nickel packages, Deion and Neal at LB. Kazee and Allen at safety. Campbell rushing the passer more. Just an interesting subpackage idea.

Nah I see Rico playing a lot of NB 

7 hours ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Hate all you want but this is a man owning up to his bad play. This is a classic tweet that wasn't meant to please anyone but to give a sort of accountability of himself. I would not be surprised if he does have a bounce back year. He came from a small school and has to fight and claw his way to be a Pro. He clearly knows he did t play up to his standards. I would watch for him to restructure and have one of his best seasons. Not best but better than this year. Al can play in this league- he just needs to get his mind right. I'll put my money on the underdog who been thru it all to rebound. Hope we keep him under a new deal. 

Thanks for telling us that your willing to restructure Robert.

15 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

I still like Alford. He actually PICKS OFF PASSES, unlike our "#1" CB. He also tackles, unlike our "#1" CB. 

He's a scrappy guy. They don't call him Rocky for nothin'. If he's aware of his slide this year, and has vowed to fix it, I would rather trust him than not.

I think we should do a 1 year incentive laden prove-it deal at similar money to this year. It will prove to be worth it. Otherwise, we're gonna be looking at this guy somewhere else still starting 5 years from now like Brent Grimes.

How many more INTs than tru did he have this season?

6 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Nah I see Rico playing a lot of NB 

Came from Quinn's mouth a few weeks ago. Kazee at hybrid CB/FS role. Rico back at full time FS when he's healthy. Obviously, things could change and Quinn can move people around but just saying what he said.