ya_boi_j

Alford says he’ll bounce back

76 posts in this topic

I can't see him being brought back with his cap hit. He was below average this past season. Idk if you can bank on him bouncing back when you can use that ~8 million on the lines. 

We'll have Kazee next year more at CB next year too so it helps with depth. Hybrid CB/FS role according to Quinn.

Side note... interesting idea brought up on 92.9 the other day going forward. Assuming Neal and Allen are ready to go Week 1 next year, in nickel packages, Deion and Neal at LB. Kazee and Allen at safety. Campbell rushing the passer more. Just an interesting subpackage idea.

Malachore, papachaz, gp_74 and 6 others like this

There are 9 million reasons why we will allow him to try to bounce back with a team not named the Falcons in 2019.

Good luck, Alford.

Restructure and possibly resign.

Hes another I’m on the fence on.

For him to be let go I have to 

1 be absolutely convinced Oliver can takeover his role.

2 go in that direction in the draft early with the possibility of landing one of those top guys.

Posted (edited)

I'll take Alford every day over "Run Away From The Play Trufant". At least Rocky plays with a competitive spirit. Trufant is well practiced in the art of not being in the vicinity to make a play, therefore he is the worthless one in the secondary.

Edited by 4dabirds

ok

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

I'll take Alford every day over "Run Away From The Play Trufant". At least Rocky plays with a competitive spirit. Trufant is well paracticed in the art of not being in the vicinity to make a play, therefore he is the worthless one in the secondary.

Naw im good Fam

raysnill1 and Mid-Nite-Toker like this

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

I'll take Alford every day over "Run Away From The Play Trufant". At least Rocky plays with a competitive spirit. Trufant is well paracticed in the art of not being in the vicinity to make a play, therefore he is the worthless one in the secondary.

Dunno man Kazee will be thanking Tru for that INT the other day.

7 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I've seen that post all over social media. He's just copying and pasting. 

Oh ok

30 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

I can't see him being brought back with his cap hit. He was below average this past off-season. Idk if you can bank on him bouncing back when you can use that ~8 million on the lines. 

We'll have Kazee next year more at CB next year too so it helps with depth. Hybrid CB/FS role according to Quinn.

Side note... interesting idea brought up on 92.9 the other day going forward. Assuming Neal and Allen are ready to go Week 1 next year, in nickel packages, Deion and Neal at LB. Kazee and Allen at safety. Campbell rushing the passer more. Just an interesting subpackage idea.

I like Campbell on pass rush.  When he blitzes, he blows things up.   

7 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

As badly as he seemingly played it's Trufant's contract that secretly gives me the willies.

This is true, but at least Alford can be cut and net us $9 million in cap savings. Can't do the same for Trufant unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

Our DB’s had 13 dropped INT’s, by far the most in the NFL...bounce your *** to the juggs machine Rocky/Alford

Edited by Falconsin2012

14 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

As badly as he seemingly played it's Trufant's contract that secretly gives me the willies.

I mean not really,... After the next year (2019 season) .. Tru can be released and we gain 10 mil of cap space (labeled as a june 1st cut) ... So that gives us a year to have a vet CB like Tru to go with the young CB like Oliver and i think we draft a CB mid round

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I mean not really,... After the next year (2019 season) .. Tru can be released and we gain 10 mil of cap space (labeled as a june 1st cut) ... So that gives us a year to have a vet CB like Tru to go with the young CB like Oliver and i think we draft a CB mid round

If you cut him post 6/1 in 2020 it’s still a bad dead cap:

POST-6/1 RELEASE 

2020 Dead Cap: $4,400,000

2021 Dead Cap: $5,800,000

2020 Cap Savings: $10,750,000

That means it’s possible at best but not likely we eat $4.4M in space for the $10.75M but then eat nearly $6M in 2021 without him and more importantly if not used properly. It’d have to be worth it. Guess we’ll know next offseason.:shrug:

Two years to get a replacement LCB.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Falconsin2012 likes this