Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Welcome to 2019 - Hawks January Game Thread

201 posts in this topic

The bulls were pressing Anderson in the corner and wouldn’t let him just dribble the game out. so he said “ok”, and drove to the basket, but they took exception to it? Lol

2 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

What a disasterious end to a great game. If the bulls don’t want Anderson to go to the basket, then let him dribble out the clock without getting in his face.

When you are one of the worst teams in the NBA, you are really concerned with how the final seconds of a 20 point blowout end for you.

Lihttps://www.blazersedge.com/2019/1/26/18198736/damian-lillard-blazers-hawks-lineup-

Damian Lillard Will Not Play Against Atlanta

Yahoo Sports says Portland’s All-Star guard will rest against Atlanta.

By Dave Deckard@DaveDeckard  Jan 26, 2019, 11:55am PST

Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports

Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard will rest when the Blazers face the Atlanta Hawks tonight, according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. Haynes cited league sources for the information.

Lillard has started all 50 games for the Blazers so far this season, averaging 26.2 points, 6.2 assists, and 4.5 rebounds in 35.3 minutes of play.

OK, Blazer’s Edge...what kind of funky lineups to you want to see Coach Stotts try out?

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Heurter will be starting tonight after missing the past couple games per my app. 

He looks a little rusty, but he's gotta keep shooting. Biggest way to get un-rusty lol.

Collins and Trae are lookin good...

44 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Atlanta Hawks: Trading Taurean Prince Would Be a Big Mistake

by Jordan Jackson23h ago

https://atlallday.com/2019/01/26/atlanta-hawks-trading-taurean-prince-big-mistake/

Thoughts?  

He's not going to be our cornerstone, but he could be a nice piece on a team. 

It depends on what the haul is. If we get a lottery pick for him, I would be okay with it. But I don't want the Nuggets first rounder for example. Just keep him. 

25 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

He's not going to be our cornerstone, but he could be a nice piece on a team. 

It depends on what the haul is. If we get a lottery pick for him, I would be okay with it. But I don't want the Nuggets first rounder for example. Just keep him. 

My thoughts as well! I hope his game improves however because I know he has talent and putting him with JC, Kevin and Trae can be an exciting lineup.

26 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

My thoughts as well! I hope his game improves however because I know he has talent and putting him with JC, Kevin and Trae can be an exciting lineup.

Yep! He is a good shooter and I think he has it in him defensively too

55 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Yep! He is a good shooter and I think he has it in him defensively too

I think so too, but he needs to start showing it, and showing it consistently. Until then, we need a starting SF and Prince can be a quality backup along with Bembry.

jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

59 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I think so too, but he needs to start showing it, and showing it consistently. Until then, we need a starting SF and Prince can be a quality backup along with Bembry.

Yeah that’s definitely where I want to see his game improve.

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Really getting annoying seeing people talk about Trae Young like he's some scrub compared to Luka. 

They are going to be forever linked unfortunately but I still like Trae being a Hawk!

tl;dr likes this

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

They are going to be forever linked unfortunately but I still like Trae being a Hawk!

Same. At worst, I think Luka will be a hair better than Trae. If we hit on the Mavs pick, it's a moot point. 

blkbigdog35, Drew4719 and therawest like this

21 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Same. At worst, I think Luka will be a hair better than Trae. If we hit on the Mavs pick, it's a moot point. 

little more than a hair

Trade Rumors:

A few Hawks players: Atlanta isn't concerned with its record. The Hawks should be focused on acquiring assets. Kent Bazemore and Dewayne Dedmon could be available, but the most intriguing trade piece might be Jeremy Lin. The Pelicans, Sixers and Trail Blazers have all asked about the backup point guard, according to Sporting News' Sean Deveney.

Trae Young Says Luka Doncic Trade 'Worked Out' for Both Hawks and Mavericks

Joseph ZuckerJanuary 28, 2019

Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818095-trae-young-says-luka-doncic-trade-worked-out-for-both-hawks-and-mavericks

Atlanta Hawks rookie Trae Young thought both teams walked away winners from the draft-night trade that landed him in Atlanta and sent Luka Doncic to the Dallas Mavericks.

Young offered his take on the move during an appearance on ESPN's The Jump on Monday:

"Obviously I hear everything that goes on. You can't miss it. Luka's having a really good year so far. And for me, all I do is try to focus on myself and my team. I know it's easy to say, but I'm really dedicated to working extremely hard every day for my teammates and things like that. And I think at the end of the day it worked out for both teams. That's how I look at it. I mean, Luka's doing really well. I feel like I'm doing really well as well."

Some Hawks fans might dispute Young's opinion.

Doncic is averaging 20.5 points, 6.9 rebounds and 5.4 assists this season, adapting to the NBA far quicker than most expected. The 19-year-old is the runaway favorite for Rookie of the Year.

Young, on the other hand, is a work in progress. He's averaging 16.2 points but shooting 40.2 percent from the floor and 29.0 percent from three-point range. Out of 478 players, Young ranks 461st in ESPN.com's real plus-minus (minus-3.79).

Of course, it would be foolish to hand out any final grades to Dallas or Atlanta. Young believes he'll be considered the better player when the question is revisited in five to 10 years: "In my eyes, it's not a question—it's going to be me. But that's just the competitive nature in my blood, and I think that's the no-brainer with me." 

Rookie point guards have a steep learning curve with the speed of the NBA, and Young didn't spend years playing professionally overseas like Doncic. De'Aaron Fox was a mess as a rookie but has taken a big leap in year two. Perhaps Young can replicate Fox's rapid development in 2019-20.

The Hawks' full return from the trade isn't clear, either. Atlanta will receive a first-round pick from Dallas that is top-five protected in 2019 and 2020 and top-three protected in 2021 and 2022. According to Tankathon, the Mavs have the 11th-best lottery odds, so the Hawks are poised to have two lottery picks in the 2019 draft.

Doncic is obviously outplaying Young at the moment. In a few years' time, Young may have bridged the gap enough to justify the Hawks' decision to effectively pick him over Doncic as the face of their rebuild.

jayu70 likes this