Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Welcome to 2019 - Hawks January Game Thread

201 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

FYI....

Good find. Should have been called. 

Still had 6 other turnovers. Should have been in a ball handler's hands instead of his.

The fact that it’s hard as **** to find solid NBA players outside of the lottery, yet we somehow seemed to have nailed the 19th pick two years in a row is insane

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

Great job Hawks you beat Philadelphia without Embede ,still a win is a win , but you could have had Luka and he is the new face of the NBA ,I will never forgive that.

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

Whenever someone in the thread mentions Luka and how we shoulda drafted him

That horse will never die:bang:

2 hours ago, thofin21 said:

Great job Hawks you beat Philadelphia without Embede ,still a win is a win , but you could have had Luka and he is the new face of the NBA ,I will never forgive that.

Trae + DAL's first rounder>>>>>Luka.

cwell1 likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Trae + DAL's first rounder>>>>>Luka.

I honestly just wasn't even going to respond to that. Can't take someone seriously who says a rookie is the face of the NBA. Did Lebron, KD, Steph, the Greek Freak, etc. all go away?

It's almost like a guy who played professional ball prior to this year looks better than a guy who has never played pro ball... Young is getting better every game. Imagine what he will look like when he, Huerter and Collins are older... ruh roh 

No.11 and FalconFanSince1970 like this

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I honestly just wasn't even going to respond to that. Can't take someone seriously who says a rookie is the face of the NBA. Did Lebron, KD, Steph, the Greek Freak, etc. all go away?

It's almost like a guy who played professional ball prior to this year looks better than a guy who has never played pro ball... Young is getting better every game. Imagine what he will look like when he, Huerter and Collins are older... ruh roh 

Watch and learn, my little friend. 

17 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

Watch and learn, my little friend. 

No you will have to watch and learn. So far:

• Luka - 20.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.12 spg
  • Trae - 15.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.2 apg, 0.95 spg

So if the player we get from DAL next year averages 4.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg and 0.18 spg, we won that trade. Even if that pick becomes the 30th pick, he should be able to blow that out of the water. You gonna be able to handle that?

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No you will have to watch and learn. So far:

• Luka - 20.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.12 spg
  • Trae - 15.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.2 apg, 0.95 spg

So if the player we get from DAL next year averages 4.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg and 0.18 spg, we won that trade. Even if that pick becomes the 30th pick, he should be able to blow that out of the water. You gonna be able to handle that?

I would love for your fantasy to come true and maybe it will, on the other hand Luka most likely will be the best player in the game within 2 years. Empty stats are not helpful. 

22 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

I would love for your fantasy to come true and maybe it will, on the other hand Luka most likely will be the best player in the game within 2 years. Empty stats are not helpful. 

I fully expect Luka to be a beast. Trae will be too. Just wait til his 3 pointer starts dropping. Has been recently. He'll be able to fill up a bucket on any given night. Inside and outside. Passing is already effective. He will be a good point guard. Gotta keep the TOs down though. We should be able to get another player like Collins or Huerter with the DAL pick. Both were taken 19th. That pick could also end up in the lottery. Currently sitting at 10th.

thofin21 likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I fully expect Luka to be a beast. Trae will be too. Just wait til his 3 pointer starts dropping. Has been recently. He'll be able to fill up a bucket on any given night. Inside and outside. Passing is already effective. He will be a good point guard. Gotta keep the TOs down though. We should be able to get another player like Collins or Huerter with the DAL pick. Both were taken 19th. That pick could also end up in the lottery. Currently sitting at 10th.

The trio of Young, Collins and Huerter is a good one we agree on this.