Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tl;dr

Fiesta Bowl: UCF vs. LSU

110 posts in this topic

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Or they could join a power 5 , and be in the same position we're in. Having to beat the best team in the country to get a shot. It's not about the conference, it's about the team. There is a reason Alabama and Ohio State  has political clout.

We would have been in if not for Georgia Tech and Florida’s athletic directors on the playoff selection committee this year absolutely refusing to let the Dawgs in the playoff with 2 losses. 

The bigger problem is Notre Dame not being in a power conference either. I say the same thing for them as UCF. Join a power conference or kick rocks.

Ohio State isn’t in the playoff. Alabama won the SEC. What are you saying?

1 hour ago, richham said:

Isn’t a runner down when his knee hits?

I thought that was bogus call and couldn’t believe it wasn’t overturned on replay.

It was clear the LSU player was down on ground with hands around ball and had it going down with no movement.   When end of football hits ground it pops out.

Don’t get it.

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

We would have been in if not for Georgia Tech and Florida’s athletic directors on the playoff selection committee this year absolutely refusing to let the Dawgs in the playoff with 2 losses. 

The bigger problem is Notre Dame not being in a power conference either. I say the same thing for them as UCF. Join a power conference or kick rocks.

Ohio State isn’t in the playoff. Alabama won the SEC. What are you saying?

Which is a problem. Ohio State isn't in it because the outcome of the SEC. Had Alabama blown us out, they probably would have allowed Ohio State to jump Oklahoma. My problem with this is that even though the committee has bias members who are against us. It has bias members that are against the playoffs period. Oklahoma and Notre Dame were destined to be destroyed. More money was on the table for a rematch for Clemson and Alabama.

LSU had a decent year, but they had a 2017 Iowa-Ohio State type win against Georgia and probably should have lost to Auburn as well. But I'll give them the fact that they should have beaten A&M. I think LSU was an 8-4 type team that found a way to win a game they shouldn't have.

UCF didn't lose to a great team at all. They loss to a decent LSU team that had like 10 defensive players not playing by the end. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Frankly, I'm OK with not going, as Georgia's best shot vs Alabama was round 1. Just beat Texas soundly, finish with 12 wins in back to back years, and prepare for what should be a title run in 2019.

Sadly, the playoff format probably hurts Georgia. I remember seeing that an old BCS formula that was still kept would have probably had Georgia sneaking into a national championship vs Clemson last year despite Oklahoma being at 12-1 back in 2017. In this format, even if Georgia does beat Alabama in the SECCG, how confident are we feeling about a possible rematch happening weeks later? When Alabama hasn't lost more than once since 2014?

frankly88 likes this

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Which is a problem. Ohio State isn't in it because the outcome of the SEC. Had Alabama blown us out, they probably would have allowed Ohio State to jump Oklahoma. My problem with this is that even though the committee has bias members who are against us. It has bias members that are against the playoffs period. Oklahoma and Notre Dame were destined to be destroyed. More money was on the table for a rematch for Clemson and Alabama.

:huh:

How does our game have anything to do with Oklahoma getting in over OSU??

And don’t you keep saying how’d they’d make so much money if there were more playoff teams but they hate the playoff format altogether?

this is one of the most confusing things I have read. This month has been rough on the board. I can’t imagine how the offseason will go.

50 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

:huh:

How does our game have anything to do with Oklahoma getting in over OSU??

And don’t you keep saying how’d they’d make so much money if there were more playoff teams but they hate the playoff format altogether?

this is one of the most confusing things I have read. This month has been rough on the board. I can’t imagine how the offseason will go.

I said they will make more money with Bowl Games. Pay attention, instead joining the crowd that thinks all of us SEC Teams are siblings. They don't want an unpopular team to be in the playoffs, and possibly upset one of their darlings. Cinderella does not make a profit in CFB.

14 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I said they will make more money with Bowl Games. Pay attention, instead joining the crowd that thinks all of us SEC Teams are siblings. They don't want an unpopular team to be in the playoffs, and possibly upset one of their darlings. Cinderella does not make a profit in CFB.

I never said anything about other SEC teams. I’m still confused about the OU OSU thing

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Uh UGA is one of the most popular teams in college football and consistently pulls some of the highest tv ratings. Try again bud.