Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tl;dr

Fiesta Bowl: UCF vs. LSU

110 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

To throw a deep ball you need time. Time that LSU's front isn't giving them.

They definitely have been looking deep, and the QB has been sacked almost every time.

when ucf goes deep it's turning into a definite PI penalty.. these lsu dbs have no clue how to cover. 

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I don't hate LSU that bad, but I hate this way CFB is set up. I don't blame UCF for calling themselves National Champions. They deserve a shot too. Clemson is in the National Championship Games, and their schedule was no better than anyone else's.

If UCF wants a chance they can accept the games against UF instead of turning them down. Otherwise they can sit down. 

Also Clemson played Texas A&M and South Carolina, UCF played no one near those two teams.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

If UCF wants a chance they can accept the games against UF instead of turning them down. Otherwise they can sit down. 

Also Clemson played Texas A&M and South Carolina, UCF played no one near those two teams.

Bro, stop pretending that strength of schedule is a factor. Most of the Power 5 don't play anyone. By the way, I'm not a UCF Fan.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Bro, stop pretending that strength of schedule is a factor. Most of the Power 5 don't play anyone. By the way, I'm not a UCF Fan.

You can't say UCF and Clemson played the same schedule when Clemson at least plays SEC teams and UCF declines to play UF. If they want to get in the playoffs they can nut the **** up and schedule someone decent.

mike teevee likes this

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You can't say UCF and Clemson played the same schedule when Clemson at least plays SEC teams and UCF declines to play UF. If they want to get in the playoffs they can nut the **** up and schedule someone decent.

Clemson plays their rival. It's a protected rivalry. Stop making excuses for this garbage @ss Playoffs system. That's like saying Clemson didn't schedule any of the tough SEC Teams. Georgia shouldn't have been eliminated from a playoff chance because of the LSU loss. If you feel that a team has to be perfect to get in, then we're having the wrong type of debate 

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Clemson plays their rival. It's a protected rivalry. Stop making excuses for this garbage @ss Playoffs system. That's like saying Clemson didn't schedule any of the tough SEC Teams. Georgia shouldn't have been eliminated from a playoff chance because of the LSU loss. If you feel that a team has to be perfect to get in, then we're having the wrong type of debate 

UGA wasn't eliminated because of the LSU loss. They were eliminated because they let Bama off the hook after the LSU loss.

UGA is one of the top 4 teams in the country. But they had their shot at the playoff and choked it away.

Yo_Lover likes this

9 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

If UCF wants a chance they can earn it against a real team. Play UF win and they'll get in. But they're scared.

53 minutes ago, richham said:

LSU can’t get out of their own way.

I mean they have completely dominated the game and only have an 8 point lead.  Crazy!

I don’t understand what the big deal about UCF is. They’re just the latest non power 5 team to put a great stretch together. See also: TCU, Utah, Boise State. TCU and Utah joined power conferences and dropped out of national relevance. I guess TCU had a year or two they were “close.” 

UCF is not special. They need to get over it. Join a power conference if they want to be in the conversation for the playoff. 

jacoby stevens with the int..  great to see that young man play the play to end the game. 

21 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

UGA wasn't eliminated because of the LSU loss. They were eliminated because they let Bama off the hook after the LSU loss.

UGA is one of the top 4 teams in the country. But they had their shot at the playoff and choked it away.

Trust me, they claim that the LSU loss did more damage to us than the Alabama loss. Agayi ask, why would the SECCG Eliminate us? This is still the BCS.

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don’t understand what the big deal about UCF is. They’re just the latest non power 5 team to put a great stretch together. See also: TCU, Utah, Boise State. TCU and Utah joined power conferences and dropped out of national relevance. I guess TCU had a year or two they were “close.” 

UCF is not special. They need to get over it. Join a power conference if they want to be in the conversation for the playoff. 

Or they could join a power 5 , and be in the same position we're in. Having to beat the best team in the country to get a shot. It's not about the conference, it's about the team. There is a reason Alabama and Ohio State  has political clout.