The Don™

Koetter to Interview for OC spot

163 posts in this topic

I dont ge why ppls are so down on Koetter.... I get  at times he can get to cute but i think he is a good OC.

I think yall just dont want him because he was the OC before.. I want Kubiak but im not going to act like Dirk sucks just because i want this guy as the OC

I know we all want Kubiak but the Broncos is not letting him out the house... We have to move on.....

Just now, Drew4719 said:

Can we please just get Kubiak already? It makes so much sense for both parties it’s ridiculous if it doesn’t happen.

We can’t force him.  I have no doubt he’s been asked if he wants it.  We can’t sit around while he makes up his mind.  

Need to be prepared for plans B, C and D.

The Don™ likes this

3 minutes ago, Jen said:

We've gone through so many OC's that it's difficult for me to remember which is which. Was this the one who didn't know how to work in screen passes?

That was Mularky.  DK was the one who everyone said did too many screen passes.  The screen pass to DK was like the toss sweep to Sark.

7 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Can we please just get Kubiak already? It makes so much sense for both parties it’s ridiculous if it doesn’t happen.

My guess is that Kubiak maybe hasn't made his own mind up yet. I haven't seen any reports of him interviewing anywhere else. Also, I haven't seen him tied to any other team besides us and obviously the Broncos.

We can't wait around for Kubiak. Who knows, things could change tomorrow. Think we're just doing our due diligence just in case...

3 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I dont ge why ppls are so down on Koetter.... I get  at times he can get to cute but i think he is a good OC.

I think yall just dont want him because he was the OC before.. I want Kubiak but im not going to act like Dirk sucks just because i want this guy as the OC

I know we all want Kubiak but the Broncos is not letting him out the house... We have to move on.....

he doesn't have balanced offenses. Also not a schematic fit.

Will be hard for the Falcons not to go with Dirk Koetter as the OC, knowing Matt Ryan's fondness for Koetter. This hire has to be about what's best for Ryan, and Darrell Bevell might not be that guy after working in Seattle with Russell Wilson. Can't be any guessing games between Ryan and the OC; has to be someone he's confident and comfortable with. Koetter definitely is that guy. Said Ryan a few years ago after Koetter's first stint with the Falcons: "You know, Dirk taught me a lot about being confident in what we do. I think he believed in -- and rightfully so because, at the time, we had a lot of really good players -- he believed if I was comfortable with it, go. It made me take ownership of what I liked; what I didn't like. He pushed me to be better in that department.''

5 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

That was Mularky.  DK was the one who everyone said did too many screen passes.  The screen pass to DK was like the toss sweep to Sark.

I kinda like the idea of screen passes to Devonta and Ito or even Ridley. That could be good. 

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I think Kubiak is staying in Denver.  The only hint of hope I see is that we fired the TE coach. Kubiak brings his TE coach, Pariani, with him for every job he has.  Seems like we were making room for Pariani yesterday

Edited by Falconsin2012

3 minutes ago, osiruz said:

he doesn't have balanced offenses. Also not a schematic fit.

Steven Jackson was our starting RB his last year here....Before that it was Micahel Turner at the end of his career also..

In 2015 when he was the Bucs OC.... Doug Martin rushed for over 1400 yards on 288 carries..... My point is when he had a back that can run... He ran the ball

12 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

If this happens not sure whats gonnna happen to this forum and sanity of falcons fans! 

I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  :lol: