caponine

JUST WOW !!

130 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, caponine said:

That team is falling apart, If steelers lose Bell and Brown they are done on the other hand, that would be downright scary if they joined Tampa Bay. 

Possibly fake news reported by a fake schefter page.. Not seeing any of this on the real page or other outlets

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

With TO, he was ok once you got him on the field and his teammates knew that. 

These guys, I am not so sure they have that teammate trust rep across the league like he did. 

If they do, then I agree.

I would have cut AB last off-season when he accepted $500,000 to do Facebook Live in the lockeroom right after a playoff win.  He didn’t tell the coaches and wantonly did something against team rules to make money.  A clever lawyer could claim breach of contract so the Steelers could send him packing with nothing.   

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I would have cut AB last off-season when he accepted $500,000 to do Facebook Live in the lockeroom right after a playoff win.  He didn’t tell the coaches and wantonly did something against team rules to make money.  A clever lawyer could claim breach of contract so the Steelers could send him packing with nothing.   

OR At Least fine him $500,001, just to piss him off! :lol:

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s a generation thing Hash the ability for this to leak out onto the public forum with many areas of social media and sought magnifies these issues.

I totally agree with what happened to turn up and do your job.

I don’t know how any of these extremely well paid professionals can complain about it when in all essence there living there dreams and earning squidillions doing it.While the rest of the 99.9% of the populace have to actually get up every day and work our butts off for a pittance in what they earn.

True Story I had a very good friend of mine whose son plays top level rugby here and he complained about how hard the rugby was and training and off field pressure he gets here in NZ.

I said to him really and handed him a spade and told him let’s go I got a trench to dig now this was for his old mans house and was a solid 7-8 hour day digging for a weekend.Myself and a friend of mine and the young fulla started digging finished Sunday afternoon at 4.

Said to him imagine if you had to do this for a living digging holes 5 days a week 8 hours a day.

He got the jist that very kid now plays for the All Blacks here in NZ I hope that weekend showed him something and pointed his thinking in the right direction. 

That’s good stuff Kiwi.  Thanks for sharing that story. I’m no stranger to that type of hard labor either brother!  I have a firm grasp of the generational issues.  I’m engaged with young adults in my daily interactions as a Regional Sales Manager covering a number of states.  Without offering too many details, we manufacture & supply into the robotics & industrial automation Industires as well as other vertical markets outside of robotics.  

I deal with many people on all sides of the spectrum including sales, engineers, techs, distributors, manufacturers, owners, management personnel etc...  I also have 3 girls who are all young adults.  I am up on all methods of communication & Technololgy & consider myself to be quite in tune with both social & business methodologies. I guess I’m trying to say I’m not some retired old codger somewhere whose not up with things man. 

It’s unreal how naive the younger generation has become & how easily they accept what they’re being taught. They’re willing to allow their privacy to be invaded by Facebook, Google, Twitter & many others too.  I quit Facebook about a year ago & threw away my Google Assistant but many household items like TV’s & other electronic components are also recording your personal habits & information. It’s also unreal how badly educational institutions are deceiving the last few generations. Some are graduating & believe they should have that 100K job awaiting them upon graduation lmao.  Most have limited face to face social skills & it’s downright embarrassing how timid/frail they’ve become. 

But back to the main points. NFL players are out of touch & forcing fans to seek entertainment elsewhere.  The nfl is turning into a social freak show of poor decision making & terrible personal choices. I can only control my own life so I have no influence over what these players choose to do.  But if it comes down to it, I can choose not to watch at any given point now & in the future.  What really amazes me the most is just how numb & accepting many are to this irresponsible behavior.  Folks go out of their way to excuse it like it’s just normal, acceptable ****.  Smh.  

kiwifalcon likes this

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

That’s good stuff Kiwi.  Thanks for sharing that story. I’m no stranger to that type of hard labor either brother!  I have a firm grasp of the generational issues.  I’m engaged with young adults in my daily interactions as a Regional Sales Manager covering a number of states.  Without offering too many details, we manufacture & supply into the robotics & industrial automation Industires as well as other vertical markets outside of robotics.  

I deal with many people on all sides of the spectrum including sales, engineers, techs, distributors, manufacturers, owners, management personnel etc...  I also have 3 girls who are all young adults.  I am up on all methods of communication & Technololgy & consider myself to be quite in tune with both social & business methodologies. I guess I’m trying to say I’m not some retired old codger somewhere whose not up with things man. 

It’s unreal how naive the younger generation has become & how easily they accept what they’re being taught. They’re willing to allow their privacy to be invaded by Facebook, Google, Twitter & many others too.  I quit Facebook about a year ago & threw away my Google Assistant but many household items like TV’s & other electronic components are also recording your personal habits & information. It’s also unreal how badly educational institutions are deceiving the last few generations. Some are graduating & believe they should have that 100K job awaiting them upon graduation lmao.  Most have limited face to face social skills & it’s downright embarrassing how timid/frail they’ve become. 

But back to the main points. NFL players are out of touch & forcing fans to seek entertainment elsewhere.  The nfl is turning into a social freak show of poor decision making & terrible personal choices. I can only control my own life so I have no influence over what these players choose to do.  But if it comes down to it, I can choose not to watch at any given point now & in the future.  What really amazes me the most is just how numb & accepting many are to this irresponsible behavior.  Folks go out of their way to excuse it like it’s just normal, acceptable ****.  Smh.  

I agree with the new grads coming out and expecting to be handed opportunities vs working and patience. 

Hiw do you feel about Alexa?

HASHBROWN3 likes this

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

OR At Least fine him $500,001, just to piss him off! :lol:

Speaking of pissing someone off, my favorite NASCAR driver as a kid growing up was Rusty Wallace. Well anyway, he got fined $10K once and it pissed him so badly that he paid his fined in pennies. :lol::lol:

falconsrsuper likes this

23 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I agree with the new grads coming out and expecting to be handed opportunities vs working and patience. 

Hiw do you feel about Alexa?

I actually loved my Google version but I became concerned after reading & seeing where data miners are going in the future I guess.  Simple articles like this one.  https://adage.com/article/digitalnext/amazon-alexa-dangerous/307328/

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Possibly fake news reported by a fake schefter page.. Not seeing any of this on the real page or other outlets

This has been reported all day everywhere.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

According to reports, Antonio Brown and Big Ben got into a heated argument. Brown called Ben “a big fat rapist”. Big Ben began to cry and replied to Brown saying “I'M NOT FAT”.

That’s funny right there!!!

34 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Speaking of pissing someone off, my favorite NASCAR driver as a kid growing up was Rusty Wallace. Well anyway, he got fined $10K once and it pissed him so badly that he paid his fined in pennies. :lol::lol:

I seen a YouTube video where this guy got charged for a doctor visit when he didn't show. It was a big snow day. he went to pay it with pennies in a bucket and poured it on the receptionist lol

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

To be fair, these guys aren't that old. They are what, in their twenties and early 30s with the majority being in their twenties with boat loads of money and silly praise from fans thrown at them? How many of us criticizing these guys would have been any better?

That’s not the issue the issue is these guys need the right sought of influence round them at a young age.Firstly it starts at home then it starts with trusted individuals moving forward around his upbringing and through to adult hood.

Halcon-1 and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

That’s funny right there!!!

I stole it from some dude on Reddit, but its funny.

52 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s not the issue the issue is these guys need the right sought of influence round them at a young age.Firstly it starts at home then it starts with trusted individuals moving forward around his upbringing and through to adult hood.

Agreed . . .

kiwifalcon likes this

5 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Apparently it's true now:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-has-requested-trade-has-issues-with-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-unhappy-with-steelers-ranking-the-nine-best-landing-spots-in-a-trade/

LOL~!! Someone hire the fake adam! :lol:

13 hours ago, caponine said:

That team is falling apart, If steelers lose Bell and Brown they are done on the other hand, that would be downright scary if they joined Tampa Bay. 

Tampa Bay could go back in time and get Jerry Rice from the 49ers and still suck.

14 hours ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

Bring him home TD!

(is it to early for that?)

I'd Trade Julio for him right this minute.

Biscuits&Gravy likes this

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yet you navel-gazers in TAFT all wanted to trade away Julio. 

You can say that again Vandy!!

Vandy likes this

I’d like to see what Mayfield could do w him. Lamar Jackson and  AB would be fun to watch. NE maybe?? Sam Darnold needs a wr in New York, u know AB would love the spotlight. Philadelphia? Buffalo needs a wr. Could SF give Jimmy G a true number 1 receiver? Miami could use a receiver. Jax too. The possibilities are seemingly endless. I love watching Pittsburgh crumble. I’d love for us to sign Bell btw lol doubt it happens but my god, I’d throw a party. 

14 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I actually loved my Google version but I became concerned after reading & seeing where data miners are going in the future I guess.  Simple articles like this one.  https://adage.com/article/digitalnext/amazon-alexa-dangerous/307328/

Scary scary. I wonder what the end game for all this data collection is. Our phones are even listening to us. Skynet is fully aware. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Scary scary. I wonder what the end game for all this data collection is. Our phones are even listening to us. Skynet is fully aware. 

Yup, govt has everything you’ve done from your phone collected & accessible.

It def is frightening.  LOL no paranoias though :huh:  

VTCrunkler likes this

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yup, govt has everything you’ve done from your phone collected & accessible.

It def is frightening.  LOL no paranoias though :huh:  

So every post and every page here at Taft they have- sorry to disappoint the big brother but not much going on here but a hunch o bi-----in'. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

On 1/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, caponine said:

i was one but for me it was the contract, julio is why this team has got as far as we have

It's 100 percent contract.

...well...contract, age, needing to keep defensive players, and rebuild trenches.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, caponine said:

if they get bell and brown ( which they can ) plus a first again. This team is probably a team to lookout for, more than the saints.

Meh.  They have Mike Evans who is an elite WR and I have no fear of him or the Bucs.  They need a QB who can get them the ball.  Winston is hot garbage. 

Regarding RB's: Connor put up Bell type numbers this year.  I tend to think that the OL and system was more essential to success in Pittsburgh than Bell's talent level.