caponine

JUST WOW !!

130 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yet the navel-gazers in TAFT all wanted to trade Julio. 

Might be the same ones saying be thankful for Julio lol

9 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I'm guessing you were exactly right.

I know I may have some bias towards JJ, but too project the issues one has onto to the other person to fit your narrative is ridiculous.

Posted (edited)

I KNEW when i looked into this the rabbit trail would lead to Ben Rothamburger...:lol:

I said in the " Mike Tomlin " thread that Ben is at the center of all the dysfunction on that team...

I know it APPEARS that Hamburger had nothing to do with the incident but trust me on this...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25657298/antonio-brown-upset-steelers-skipped-practices-final-game

Brown got upset that Roethlisberger wanted to run a hot read over again during a walk-through, so coaches sent another player to run the play, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Brown got upset, left practice and talked with Roethlisberger afterward, telling the quarterback that he felt underappreciated and had issues with people in the organization, the source told Schefter.

Edited by slickgadawg

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Brown got upset that Roethlisberger wanted to run a hot read over again during a walk-through, so coaches sent another player to run the play, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Brown got upset, left practice and talked with Roethlisberger afterward, telling the quarterback that he felt underappreciated and had issues with people in the organization, the source told Schefter.

This makes 8t seem like brown is the one being the diva and not Ben. Unless there is more to the story (which there usually is), it sounds like Ben just wanted to run a play again in practice. Which isn't a bad thing. 

3 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

This makes 8t seem like brown is the one being the diva and not Ben. Unless there is more to the story (which there usually is), it sounds like Ben just wanted to run a play again in practice. Which isn't a bad thing. 

Trust me on this.  Roth plays games inside that locker room.  I don't particularly like the Steelers one bit but its easy to see what Ben is doing...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Trust me on this.  Roth plays games inside that locker room.  I don't particularly like the Steelers one bit but its easy to see what Ben is doing...

I'm sure Ben is the root of the problems in that locker room, however, in this particular issue. It seems Brown is the problem.

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

:lol:

I think you have to be 'pure football' to have 'delete' as an option. Although do you see something about thread management up next to the 'reply to this topic' button? you may be able to go there and delete it. 

I'd leave it though, there's a good chance the news is real, or close to real, even if the twitter account isn't

lol i looked to damm fast lol just saw the tweet and was like wtf ?? Lol i saw Adam Schefter and was like ok it must be legit lol

papachaz likes this

Report: Antonio Brown has requested a trade

• by Sam Quinn
  • 17 minutes ago
4704465.jpg

Antonio Brown has requested a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. According to La Canfora, Brown did not demand a trade, but told the Steelers he would prefer to be moved. His report states that "Brown has issues with Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger," and that he "feels like the coach is too aligned with the QB." This comes in the heels of reports that Brown was benched for missing practice and getting into an altercation with Roethlisberger last week. 

For several reasons, a trade probably won't ever come. Brown is perhaps the best player on the Steelers and is coming off of yet another 100-catch season. The Steelers saw firsthand what life without him would be like when they squeaked past the Bengals 16-13 Sunday. They are trying to win a Super Bowl right now. They probably wouldn't be able to reach those heights without him. 

And then there is the matter of his contract. The Steelers restructured Brown's deal before last season and therefore increased his cap hit significantly moving forward. He cost the Steelers less than $8 million in cap terms in 2018. That balloons to over $22 million this season, $21.2 million of which would be dead money on their cap if he were moved. They could trade him at a more palatable rate after June 1st, but by then, most teams will have filled their wide receiver holes and won't be willing to pay as much. It therefore doesn't make much sense to trade Brown under any circumstance. 

CBS Sports Digital
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sportsradar

© 2005-2019 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc.

247Sports
Falcons In 2012 and papachaz like this

2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Brown is known to be a serious locker room distraction and Bell is one toke away from a long suspension. With that being said, both are amazing talents. 

Have you been in their locker room?   Brown is s serious talent on the field.

Embrace the suck likes this

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Neither do I know Ryan Clark.

Just because you don't know who he is that makes history that actually happened not count?

papachaz likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No but Ryan Clark has.

I saw this live last night, I think it was on the Van Pelt show since the TV was still on that channel after Texas A&M wiped out NC State in the Holiday bowl. You can tell straight up Clark is NOT  a 'fan' if you will  

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yet you navel-gazers in TAFT all wanted to trade away Julio. 

It’s a new year Vandy maybe maybe we might see something different lol..

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just because you don't know who he is that makes history that actually happened not count?

Just as what he said about AB 6 years ago doesn't matter. I hate the American Theory of Character Assassination. Let whatever has happened there be what it was. I wish Brown the best. 

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Just as what he said about AB 6 years ago doesn't matter. I hate the American Theory of Character Assassination. Let whatever has happened there be what it was. I wish Brown the best. 

The point is Brown has a history of being a bad teammate in the locker room. This is nothing new. Clark's story from 6 years ago pointed out that it's not something new. This is the Steelers. This is what has happened under Mike Tomlin. The same Mike Tomlin that everyone here loves to drool over being such a great coach. But he can't be too good of a coach because he can't keep his locker room under control and that is the main job of a head coach. Control the players. He can't do it. It's one of the reasons they underachieve every season. You think these players would act like this with Bill Belichick? Nope. And if they did they would have been gone a long time ago because in the words of the great late Herb Brooks "The name on the front of the jersey is heIl of a lot more important than the one on the back."

PokerSteve and papachaz like this