• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It is also very effective.

When guys dont slip and fall down at least.

The value that DK is that we still have a few guys from the 2014 season(Matthews,Ryan,Julio,Freeman) who already know at least part of his offense.

And we know it can produce multiple 1000 yard receivers in the same year

Tight ends also can eat in his system so Hooper  could take yet another step.

So while it is not my first choice I can see the merrits of bringing DK back.

If we do that though they need to go hard and heavy on fixing the right side of the line.

Thing is this isn’t 10 years ago. Talent has drastically changed. He’s gonna have to adjust

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thing is this isn’t 10 years ago. Talent has drastically changed. He’s gonna have to adjust

Yes. But at the end of the day, I think most OC's can be successful if they have actual talent to work with. The Falcons have plenty of talent on offense. If they fix the offensive line this offseason, I don't think it will matter if it's Kubiak, Koetter, or Bevell. They will likely perform.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes. But at the end of the day, I think most OC's can be successful if they have actual talent to work with. The Falcons have plenty of talent on offense. If they fix the offensive line this offseason, I don't think it will matter if it's Kubiak, Koetter, or Bevell. They will likely perform.

So you agree Sark wasn’t the biggest problem

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

So you agree Sark wasn’t the biggest problem

Definitely not. I don't really think he was a problem at all. I think the biggest problem was the offensive line personally. And some mental mistakes by receivers. I was on board with Sark staying unless the new OC is a significant upgrade, like Kubiak. If it's Bevell, I don't really see anything changing unless the line is addressed. I feel like that's the most critical area to focus on right now.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

He better hope to find a consistent top 5 OC. What gets me is why take over the defense now. Why not during the season. He reportedly took over the second half when Smith was on the staff. I’m starting to believe the fall guy theories 

He could have done lot more to salvage the season. DQ takes big part of the blame in 2018. 

1 hour ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I am really stunned that NOT ONLY did they fire Sark but there is talk of going BACK to Koetter.  

Koetter wasn't the problem here.  He ran a good O here.  The defense, special teams, and HC on the other hand... 

Im not 100% that Sark needed to be fired. Yes he didn't have experience, yes he had some bad calls. But I feel that the OGs being down to 3rd stringers really tells the story of this offense. Also we didn't focus on running the ball early in the year and maybe that is on Sark. We did fix the Julio without TDs and the redzone issues. As much as I think Hooper is an average player, he had a good year as did Riley. It's not like Sark completely failed us like Manuel did. You don't fire someone unless you "believe" you have a clear better option.

My money is on Darren Beville coming here based on scheme and coaching connections. My pick would be Kubiak given the choice.

What became of Knapp?

53 minutes ago, thamill said:

Koetter wasn't the problem here.  He ran a good O here.  The defense, special teams, and HC on the other hand... 

Here is what people should remember about Koetter.

1. WR screens 
  2. No RB screens at all.
  3. No rushing attack at all.
  4. Look at Tampa's rushing attack under Koetter, always 24th or below.

2 minutes ago, runshoot said:

1. WR screens 
  2. No RB screens at all.

I remember us having a lot more success on RB screens with Koetter than shanny or sark. Quizz was really good on screen passes. But what turns me off from Koetter is definitely the running game.

5 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I remember us having a lot more success on RB screens with Koetter than shanny or sark. Quizz was really good on screen passes. But what turns me off from Koetter is definitely the running game.

really? Ill have to check

Edited by runshoot

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Atlanta gonna get stuck with BS. Like someone said yesterday, y’all who wanted Sark fired are gonna wish he was back next year unless they strike gold 

Thankfully I'm not feeling that fatalistic about Sark's departure. He had definitely improved his play-calling this season, but it was still not up to the level it might have been if he'd had more NFL coaching and coordinating experience. He put his heart and soul into his job and I honestly feel really bad that he got fired. He was put in a no-win position from the start.

Not a bad OC, but I can't put him in that irreplaceable, everything-is-now-lost because he's gone category. As I said in another post, it's very hard for me to envision Sark taking this offense to the level it would have to be at to win a SB.

And feeling that way, I just have to look to the next OC with the hope he will have the horsepower to put this offense in the top 3 and win a SB. If not, we'll be back in bottom-feeder mode one more time.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Atlanta gonna get stuck with BS. Like someone said yesterday, y’all who wanted Sark fired are gonna wish he was back next year unless they strike gold 

Let’s not pretend that Sark was some sort of master play caller.  No he wasn’t bad.  But he wasn’t great either.  I don’t think anyone will rue the day we let Sark go.  

4 minutes ago, sah489 said:

Let’s not pretend that Sark was some sort of master play caller.  No he wasn’t bad.  But he wasn’t great either.  I don’t think anyone will rue the day we let Sark go.  

Let’s not pretend the players made the most of opportunities either

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Thankfully I'm not feeling that fatalistic about Sark's departure. He had definitely improved his play-calling this season, but it was still not up to the level it might have been if he'd had more NFL coaching and coordinating experience. He put his heart and soul into his job and I honestly feel really bad that he got fired. He was put in a no-win position from the start.

Not a bad OC, but I can't put him in that irreplaceable, everything-is-now-lost because he's gone category. As I said in another post, it's very hard for me to envision Sark taking this offense to the level it would have to be at to win a SB.

And feeling that way, I just have to look to the next OC with the hope he will have the horsepower to put this offense in the top 3 and win a SB. If not, we'll be back in bottom-feeder mode one more time.

If they don’t fix the line, not just overpay people, but fix the line, it won’t matter. They better hope Fusco lives up to his contract. It isn’t much but it’s more than enough that could have went to another starter. Quinn gotta stop with the “we’re comfortable with what we have” ******** and start paying real attention in other places

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

If they don’t fix the line, not just overpay people, but fix the line, it won’t matter. They better hope Fusco lives up to his contract. It isn’t much but it’s more than enough that could have went to another starter. Quinn gotta stop with the “we’re comfortable with what we have” ******** and start paying real attention in other places

Nailed it. We need minimum two replacement quality OLmen. I also hope Fusco lives up to his contract, but I ain't feeling it. Seems like he's going to be a weak link instead of a key cog. Been disappointing so far.

Also, yes, no more alibis or delusions for Quinn. He has to put up or shut up this season. Going to be one busy off-season for DQ.

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Nailed it. We need minimum two replacement quality OLmen. I also hope Fusco lives up to his contract, but I ain't feeling it. Seems like he's going to be a weak link instead of a key cog. Been disappointing so far.

Also, yes, no more alibis or delusions for Quinn. He has to put up or shut up this season. Going to be one busy off-season for DQ.

The free agency approach will be key. If they don’t move on from some big names who didn’t perform, next season will be pointless 

1 hour ago, runshoot said:

1. WR screens 
  2. No RB screens at all.

In five seasons with the Jags they ranked 3rd in rushing cumulatively over those years.  In 2014 when he was here, he had an old run down Steven Jackson as his RB.  Not exactly Todd Gurley.  Conversely, Matt Ryan had 4694 passing yards and ranked 5th overall in the NFL.