JP

Kubiak back with the Broncos

58 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Atlanta gonna get stuck with BS. Like someone said yesterday, y’all who wanted Sark fired are gonna wish he was back next year unless they strike gold 

And even if they strike gold, they’ll wanna toss it because it’s not shiny enough at first.. all those clamoring for Shanahan now we’re the same ones wanting him fired after year 1.. 

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

And even if they strike gold, they’ll wanna toss it because it’s not shiny enough at first.. all those clamoring for Shanahan now we’re the same ones wanting him fired after year 1.. 

Trust I know. That’s part of the reason I call this fan base spoiled. Others strongly disagree, I guess because of that word but it shows year in and year out. 

48 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

I think this is based on Elway’s earlier comments.  Whereas Kubiak says he’s still exploring his options.

Kubiak said that? The only thing I’ve been hearing is comments from Elway like he own him.

30 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Atlanta gonna get stuck with BS. Like someone said yesterday, y’all who wanted Sark fired are gonna wish he was back next year unless they strike gold 

All I know is all of this sets Quinn up to be fired halfway through next season. 

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

All I know is all of this sets Quinn up to be fired halfway through next season. 

He better hope to find a consistent top 5 OC. What gets me is why take over the defense now. Why not during the season. He reportedly took over the second half when Smith was on the staff. I’m starting to believe the fall guy theories 

Im pretty sure Elway had a convo with Kubiak..... I would love to have Kubiak as our OC and i sure he would love to be in control of this offense but i get the loyalty factor he has with Elway and the Broncos

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

He better hope to find a consistent top 5 OC. What gets me is why take over the defense now. Why not during the season. He reportedly took over the second half when Smith was on the staff. I’m starting to believe the fall guy theories 

Oh this is absolutely the fall guy theory. Matter of fact, you are starting to see some of the same signs you did Under Smitty where we just didn’t have the talent on the roster that we should to sustain. 

But hey, I guess it’s the coordinators fault they couldn’t make chicken salad. 

Flyin' In DC likes this

43 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hate to be honest, but.... Dirk Koetter or Darrell Bevell would not be any worse than Sarkisian, why, because they've had NFL experience. I don't care how much criticism they've had or their issues, but they've had experience. They work with the SAME talent that Shanahan & Sark got to work with between 2016-2018, they wouldn't be any worse. The only way these coordinators would be worse is if Alex Mack goes down or if we lost Julio, Sanu, Hooper, both or so forth, which goes for any of our upcoming coordinators. Sarkisian was a mediocre assistant in college already and got promoted to NFL OC too early and he wasn't ready. 

11 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Im pretty sure Elway had a convo with Kubiak..... I would love to have Kubiak as our OC and i sure he would love to be in control of this offense but i get the loyalty factor he has with Elway and the Broncos

But what if the new HC don’t want Kubiak? To me that’s already starting off being restrictive.

In the article that broke in November it says the Broncos understands potential HC candidates view Kubiak as a potential OC and that he may accept that offer. They also commended him on a job well done in the organization.

my question is other than Chuck Pagano who is unemployed, what potential HC candidate would say they view Kubiak as a potential OC?

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I am really stunned that NOT ONLY did they fire Sark but there is talk of going BACK to Koetter.  

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ummm. That would be me...:lol:

ya_boi_j likes this

7 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I am really stunned that NOT ONLY did they fire Sark but there is talk of going BACK to Koetter.  

This is true. His offense is as plain as Sarks. Only difference is he has more experience 

Godzilla1985 and Drew4719 like this

21 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Hate to be honest, but.... Dirk Koetter or Darrell Bevell would not be any worse than Sarkisian, why, because they've had NFL experience. I don't care how much criticism they've had or their issues, but they've had experience. They work with the SAME talent that Shanahan & Sark got to work with between 2016-2018, they wouldn't be any worse. The only way these coordinators would be worse is if Alex Mack goes down or if we lost Julio, Sanu, Hooper, both or so forth, which goes for any of our upcoming coordinators. Sarkisian was a mediocre assistant in college already and got promoted to NFL OC too early and he wasn't ready. 

Koetter runs a completely differnet system. Can't believe he's even being considered

24 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The only way any oc will come in and have success is if they build a real offensive line to protect Matt. If not y’all will be screaming fire “_” in 2 more years and still won’t recognize how trash the line is. And one thing you failed to mention, same playmakers, completely different line than Shanny

TheTrue7 and blkbigdog35 like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Trust I know. That’s part of the reason I call this fan base spoiled. Others strongly disagree, I guess because of that word but it shows year in and year out. 

Funny thing is why are they spoiled? What led to them being spoiled? Yes we’ve had success but not ultimate success so why the sense of entitlement? 

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Funny thing is why are they spoiled? What led to them being spoiled? Yes we’ve had success but not ultimate success so why the sense of entitlement? 

“Part of the reason”. I can’t tell you why people feel the way they do but if you visit this site yearly you easily see it daily. It isn’t direct but it’s not hard to put 2 and 2 together. If you don’t believe me just sit back and pay close attention to every whining thread and look at the comments. You will see 80% spoiled brats who are upset that they don’t get their way. 

TheTrue7 likes this

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is true. His offense is as plain as Sarks. Only difference is he has more experience 

It is also very effective.

When guys dont slip and fall down at least.

The value that DK is that we still have a few guys from the 2014 season(Matthews,Ryan,Julio,Freeman) who already know at least part of his offense.

And we know it can produce multiple 1000 yard receivers in the same year

Tight ends also can eat in his system so Hooper  could take yet another step.

So while it is not my first choice I can see the merrits of bringing DK back.

If we do that though they need to go hard and heavy on fixing the right side of the line.