IamFRESCO1

How crazy is this.....

60 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2019 at 6:32 AM, IamFRESCO1 said:

Our starting CBs together......had 0 picks (Alford & Trufant)

That seems kind of hard to do...(or not do.)

One of them has to go.  I know they have an out with Alford.  You can't have that out of two high paid CB's.  What are you paying for?  Cut Alford, lean on Oliver. Give Poole a 2 or 3 year deal to keep him as the nickle.  Bring in another guy in the middle of the draft if you can.

If this franchise doesn't let Trufant and Freeman walk this offseason, they aren't serious about winning

we could nearly pay a guy like Kahlil Mack with what those two guys account for on the cap. and then we could afford to have a young DB with a better pass rush. 

part of the real issue here is we still have TD as a GM, a guy that has failed to build the trenches his entire tenure with Atlanta. If it wasn't for free agent add on like Mack,Livitre,Poe,etc....we wouldn't have stood a chance where it really counts

15 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

If this franchise doesn't let Trufant and Freeman walk this offseason, they aren't serious about winning

we could nearly pay a guy like Kahlil Mack with what those two guys account for on the cap. and then we could afford to have a young DB with a better pass rush. 

part of the real issue here is we still have TD as a GM, a guy that has failed to build the trenches his entire tenure with Atlanta. If it wasn't for free agent add on like Mack,Livitre,Poe,etc....we wouldn't have stood a chance where it really counts

Glad you’re not our GM. 

raysnill1 likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Glad you’re not our GM. 

prove me wrong...

freeman has had multiple concussions and injuries and now sat out a full year, you really expect him to be the reliable back they thought he would be when they made him the highest paid RB in the league at the time. second of all we don't need a RB taking up that much $$, that's ridiculous, he isn't Todd gurley or Saquon Barkley

Trufant is garbage and I'll never be convinced otherwise no matter what anyone says. Hes average, he hit his peak early and his talent has leveled out, alford too!

TD has failed to build the trenches. 10yrs!!! and we have Grady Jarrett, TAKK, and barely a Vic Beasley to show for his drafting on the dline, and credit goes to Quinn some of that. 

same for the oline!! 10yrs!!! Jake Matthews and Ryan Schraeder to TD's drafting credit!! 

There is a fundamental Problem that in 10years the GM has failed to build/draft significant talent across both lines. 

16 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

prove me wrong...

freeman has had multiple concussions and injuries and now sat out a full year, you really expect him to be the reliable back they thought he would be when they made him the highest paid RB in the league at the time. second of all we don't need a RB taking up that much $$, that's ridiculous, he isn't Todd gurley or Saquon Barkley

Trufant is garbage and I'll never be convinced otherwise no matter what anyone says. Hes average, he hit his peak early and his talent has leveled out, alford too!

TD has failed to build the trenches. 10yrs!!! and we have Grady Jarrett, TAKK, and barely a Vic Beasley to show for his drafting on the dline, and credit goes to Quinn some of that. 

same for the oline!! 10yrs!!! Jake Matthews and Ryan Schraeder to TD's drafting credit!! 

There is a fundamental Problem that in 10years the GM has failed to build/draft significant talent across both lines. 

I don’t need to prove you wrong, you’re doing a fine enough job with that all by yourself. Get rid of both your #1 RB and #1 CB? Plus put yourself in cap he’ll? Get out of here with that nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927154/article/gm-power-rankings-howie-roseman-kevin-colbert-among-best%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Danalysis;plyr%3Dlawrence_timmons;plyr%3Dphilip_rivers;plyr%3Dalexander_smith&p.ct=Analysis&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

i’m Too lazy to look it up for you, but my guess is falcons are in Top 5 best records in NFL over last 10 years. TD’s doing something right.

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don’t need to prove you wrong, you’re doing a fine enough job with that all by yourself. Get rid of both your #1 RB and #1 CB? Plus put yourself in cap he’ll? Get out of here with that nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927154/article/gm-power-rankings-howie-roseman-kevin-colbert-among-best%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Danalysis;plyr%3Dlawrence_timmons;plyr%3Dphilip_rivers;plyr%3Dalexander_smith&p.ct=Analysis&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

i’m Too lazy to look it up for you, but my guess is falcons are in Top 5 best records in NFL over last 10 years. TD’s doing something right.

yeh ok whatever guy, no one can justify claiming trufant as a "#1" CB with his play this year, other than thats how hes listed on depth chart. 

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

if you'd open your eyes you'd see there are fundamental problems with this team and drafting. We have a few future hall of fame players...Ryan, Jones, Mack, Gonzalez, etc... that have carried this team and glossed over these fundamental holes, however, just like anything else small problems eventually become glaring problems and these guys aren't able to carry the team and hide them any longer.

10years and TD has 2 drafted perennial starters on the oline, 1 just got benched for subpar play. there's an issue here!!!

I know you've claimed to be lazy, but one day when your not feeling so lazy, pull TDs draft history from 2008-2018 and see for yourself how many oline/dline misses this guy has had....then just for fun...see just how many misses this guy has had overall. He's smoke and mirrors. some of his skill player picks have hidden real holes on this team. 

you build from the inside-->out

27 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

if you'd open your eyes you'd see there are fundamental problems with this team and drafting. We have a few future hall of fame players...Ryan, Jones, Mack, Gonzalez, etc... that have carried this team and glossed over these fundamental holes, however, just like anything else small problems eventually become glaring problems and these guys aren't able to carry the team and hide them any longer.

10years and TD has 2 drafted perennial starters on the oline, 1 just got benched for subpar play. there's an issue here!!!

I know you've claimed to be lazy, but one day when your not feeling so lazy, pull TDs draft history from 2008-2018 and see for yourself how many oline/dline misses this guy has had....then just for fun...see just how many misses this guy has had overall. He's smoke and mirrors. some of his skill player picks have hidden real holes on this team. 

you build from the inside-->out

After my 2nd cup of joe, my eyes are wide open. 

so much wrong in your posts...

one reason we’ve gotten those future HOFers is because we gave up drafting OL/DL in order to get them....two years of picks for Julio, for example. Also, jake Matthews was drafted by TD, no? Fact is falcons have had a Top 10 OL until Levitre broke down. 

Does Grady Jarrett not count for DL successful picks in your little world?

Also, TD is no longer solely responsible for drafting, Quinn and pioli now have much bigger say so than prior regime had.

But it’s still a lazy rainy day..., so look up for me falcons W-L record over past decade and where that ranks for all NFL  teams over that time period. It might cause you to pause before spewing this nonsense next time. Kinda Doubt it though. 

Cover 3

In Cover 3, the two corners and free safety each have responsibility for a deep third of the field, while the strong safety plays like a linebacker.[5][6][7] This coverage is generally considered to be a run stopping defense as it focuses on preventing big pass plays and stopping the run while giving up short passes.

On the snap, the CBs work for depth, backpedaling into their assigned zone. One safety moves toward the center of the field. The other safety is free to rotate into the flat area (about 2–4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage), provide pass coverage help, or blitz.

Advantages

One of the biggest benefits of the Cover 3 coverage scheme is the ability to walk the strong safety up into the box with minimal to no changes in the coverage due to the pre-snap center field position of the free safety. This enables the defense to play strong against the run, but still prevent explosion plays such as a long pass or break away run. This advantage is most pronounced versus two tight end sets which naturally creates 8 holes for running backs, whereas in cover 2 schemes there are only 7 defenders in the box leaving 1 hole uncovered, or requiring a defender to cover 2 holes.

Disadvantages

Cover 3 schemes are susceptible to short, timed passes to the outside due to the hard drop of both cornerbacks. This puts pressure on the outside linebackers to react to pass plays and get into their drop quickly if they need to cover a receiver.

Another disadvantage of Cover 3 schemes is they are relatively easy to diagnose by opposing quarterbacks. Because of this, teams will often employ slight wrinkles in their coverage to confuse offenses. An example of this includes employing man coverage on one side and zone on another or swapping coverage zones between defenders. Also leaves the seams open and makes the safety choose on four verticals which leaves one open.