IamFRESCO1

How crazy is this.....

60 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I used to think that Trufant had low ints totals because no QB threw towards him. Now, I see a cornerback who gives up plenty of completions, can't catch a ball, reluctant to tackle, and gets a high salary.

Not directed at you, but I have said that for years. The excuse that trufant wasnt thrown at was always weak. Dude is soft.

13 minutes ago, taintedme said:

ZERO passes defended, too. :o

Rk    Player                   Team  Pos   Comb   Total   Ast    Sck    SFTY    PDef    Int    TDs    Yds    Lng    FF    Rec    TD
62    Desmond Trufant   ATL     CB     66         55       11       1.0     0         0          0     0         -        -        0      0        0                    
109  Robert Alford          ATL     CB    49          42        7       0.0      0         0          0     0         -        -        0      0        0                

This stat is a flat out lie. Trufant broke up a deep pass with his left hand in the Carolina game and Alford defended a pass in the TB game. To say they had zero passes defended is wrong.

One of them have to go this off season I truly believe... But who? Alford too many dumb *** penalties soft coverage. Trufant hasn't been the same since injury and soft coverage. Which one would you want to keep?

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Oliver isn’t the guy. Don’t want to hear the excuse that he’s a rookie. He just doesn’t pass the eye ball test. 

I'm not willing to write him off yet, but yeah I haven't been impressed.   I was really high on him out of the draft too.

17 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

One of them have to go this off season I truly believe... But who? Alford too many dumb *** penalties soft coverage. Trufant hasn't been the same since injury and soft coverage. Which one would you want to keep?

If I have to keep one, it's Trufant.  Alford's penalties keep the defense on the field.  

4 hours ago, Sir Joe™ said:

And 2,545,947 penalties between them. 

2,545,900 of them being Alford's. 

I think it was very compassionate of you to only mention the penalties they had in road games. :lol:

Just now, poutlipper said:

If I have to keep one, it's Trufant.  Alford's penalties keep the defense on the field.  

I was thinking the same maybe he can get his groove back Alford always been the same ****... So Trufant and Oliver outside Allen inside Kazee at Free Safety

PokerSteve likes this

Just looked it up, Alford had 12 penalties called on him this year, 6th most in the NFL, 1st among secondary players.  His penalties account for 11.88% of all of the team's penalties.  

PokerSteve likes this

54 minutes ago, taintedme said:

ZERO passes defended, too. :o

Rk    Player                   Team  Pos   Comb   Total   Ast    Sck    SFTY    PDef    Int    TDs    Yds    Lng    FF    Rec    TD
62    Desmond Trufant   ATL     CB     66         55       11       1.0     0         0          0     0         -        -        0      0        0                    
109  Robert Alford          ATL     CB    49          42        7       0.0      0         0          0     0         -        -        0      0        0                

Looks like Thanos got a hold of your post. 

44 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I’ll eat crow if he turns the corner next year. I just don’t n see it

I obviously like oliver a lot.

You like your crow blackened/marinated or BBQ?

PokerSteve likes this

I never was a fan of Alford and Trufant hasn’t been the same since the injury. I say get rid of them both and draft Deandre Baker. 

Oliver x Baker x Poole as your top 3 corners. 

Posted (edited)

In the video I posted: 

The guy breaks down how gifted Oliver is, but at around 6:15 he states he is not great at off coverage, as most lanky/big corners are usually not, which to me is what we played all season it seems. I feel like if we played more man/press, he would have looked way better. 

Regarding our current CB's, I think Alford is gone and we draft/ sign a vet to the position. Trufant will probably stay a bit longer due to his cap hit, maybe even play as the 3rd corner? Yeah, lots of decisions of DQ to make for sure. 

Edited by FalconBlood23
PokerSteve likes this

It's worth remembering that it'll cost 14m if Trufant leaves. Also Poole is a free agent who was on a low deal here. Likely that someone offers him a decent amount and we can't afford it.

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

From what I saw from him Oliver did alright.

A lot of the catches he gave up were the result of great throws + catches that were almost indefensible.

Edited by quotemokc

19 hours ago, Vandy said:

If you say so. Most rookie corners struggle mightedly in their rookie season. Year 2 is when you can see whether they have ‘it’. 

let him have it. obviously he's an NFL scout

Vandy likes this

On 1/1/2019 at 6:32 AM, IamFRESCO1 said:

Our starting CBs together......had 0 picks (Alford & Trufant)

That seems kind of hard to do...(or not do.)

It's a lie. Trufant had a pick.

19 hours ago, Vandy said:

You can never tell much about a rookie CB from “the eye ball test”.

Sorry Vandy, but Jalen Collins didn't pass my eyeball test either. And now he's cut.

19 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Sorry Vandy, but Jalen Collins didn't pass my eyeball test either. And now he's cut.

LMAO!!! Jalen Collins is out of the league for being a pothead idiot, not because he didn't have talent.

.so I'll just drop this off here ...

Jalen Collins elevated Falcons in PFF's secondary rankings

BY MICHAEL MANNING • ATLANTA FALCONS  JALEN COLLINS • JUL 19, 2017

GettyImages-632420452.jpg?w=916&h=720ATLANTA, GA - JANUARY 22: Jalen Collins #32 of the Atlanta Falcons is congratulated by his teammates against the Green Bay Packers during the third quarter in the NFC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome on January 22, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

• The Atlanta Falcons enters the 2017 season with the NFL’s fifth ranked secondary according to the PFF secondary rankings. They made the leap from No. 26 prior to the 2016 season, the largest rise of any secondary.
  • CB Jalen Collins‘ career year earned an overall PFF grade of 81.5 to lead the Falcons cornerbacks and rank 22nd in the NFL. Collins’ grade more than doubled in quality from his rookie year (40.6 overall) and he was named the second-most improved second-year player by PFF.
  • Collins took over for Desmond Trufant, the Falcons’ best returning cornerback, in week 10 due to a season ending shoulder injury and went on to lead Atlanta’s secondary in passer rating allowed when lined up at right cornerback with a mark of 74.1 (minimum 20 snaps).

Collins.png

10 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

LMAO!!! Jalen Collins is out of the league for being a pothead idiot, not because he didn't have talent.

GettyImages-632420452.jpg?w=916&h=720ATLANTA, GA - JANUARY 22: Jalen Collins #32 of the Atlanta Falcons is congratulated by his teammates against the Green Bay Packers during the third quarter in the NFC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome on January 22, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

• The Atlanta Falcons enters the 2017 season with the NFL’s fifth ranked secondary according to the PFF secondary rankings. They made the leap from No. 26 prior to the 2016 season, the largest rise of any secondary.
  • CB Jalen Collins‘ career year earned an overall PFF grade of 81.5 to lead the Falcons cornerbacks and rank 22nd in the NFL. Collins’ grade more than doubled in quality from his rookie year (40.6 overall) and he was named the second-most improved second-year player by PFF.
  • Collins took over for Desmond Trufant, the Falcons’ best returning cornerback, in week 10 due to a season ending shoulder injury and went on to lead Atlanta’s secondary in passer rating allowed when lined up at right cornerback with a mark of 74.1 (minimum 20 snaps).

Collins.png

Jalen is out of the league because he sucks. Dont care about no pff stats crap. The boy wasnt that good at lSU or here.

The boy had to take peds just to compete with others. He saw that when he lost his starting job as a senior to a freshman at lSU.

6 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Jalen is out of the league because he sucks. Dont care about no pff stats crap. The boy wasnt that good at lSU or here.

The boy had to take peds just to compete with others. He saw that when he lost his starting job as a senior to a freshman at lSU.

LMAO!!!!!

so how do we get you to become a scout for the Falcons and put that good ole evaluation skill to work?

5 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

LMAO!!!!!

so how do we get you to become a scout for the Falcons and put that good ole evaluation skill to work?

Pay me

54 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

Collins.png

Jalen plays for the colts

Vandy likes this

23 hours ago, mqg96 said:

It's gonna be hard now since we're picking 14th, but IF Deandre Baker is available, you must grab him to replace Alford OR Trufant. Otherwise just go for the O-line or D-line. Based on what I've seen since 2016 I'd rather get rid of Trufant. Alford had a gaming winning pick 6 against the Redskins in 2015 and a key pick 6 in the Super Bowl against Brady which were more memorable to me than what Trufant has done. With Neal and Allen healthy it was Alford who stepped up his game last season and Trufant was still mediocre. Since Trufant was drafted in 2013, we've only made the playoffs ONCE with him healthy. What has Trufant really done significant for this team? I believe Deandre Baker and Isiah Oliver would be a mega upgraded duo than the lousy disappointing Trufant and Alford experiment that hasn't been as good. 

Baker seems to be dropping down boards all of a sudden. Kris Boyd should be out there and maybe even at our second. Mullen could be an option too. Believe it or not Walter Football, CBSSports and Draftsite have Greedy dropping to us.