IamFRESCO1

How crazy is this.....

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I used to think that Trufant had low ints totals because no QB threw towards him. Now, I see a cornerback who gives up plenty of completions, can't catch a ball, reluctant to tackle, and gets a high salary.

If cap allowed, would have no issue with him leaving. Alford tries but his penalties drive me mad.

Just seen that his cap hit would be over 14m if traded or released.

Edited by BlazerSlayer

Almost every time a QB drops back to pass, I know it’s either going to be a completion or there’s a flag for PI. And you guys wonder why our D couldn’t get off the field. But it’s MM fault though:ninja:

It's gonna be hard now since we're picking 14th, but IF Deandre Baker is available, you must grab him to replace Alford OR Trufant. Otherwise just go for the O-line or D-line. Based on what I've seen since 2016 I'd rather get rid of Trufant. Alford had a gaming winning pick 6 against the Redskins in 2015 and a key pick 6 in the Super Bowl against Brady which were more memorable to me than what Trufant has done. With Neal and Allen healthy it was Alford who stepped up his game last season and Trufant was still mediocre. Since Trufant was drafted in 2013, we've only made the playoffs ONCE with him healthy. What has Trufant really done significant for this team? I believe Deandre Baker and Isiah Oliver would be a mega upgraded duo than the lousy disappointing Trufant and Alford experiment that hasn't been as good. 

IamFRESCO1 likes this

No... you don't count the nickel as a starter. The starters are the guys who start at the two positions that are on the field for every down.

In fairness though... we really should have had about 5 from those guys. Trufant alone dropped 4 of them.

PokerSteve likes this

Now that I think about it, Trufant hasn't really had any memorable plays, unless I've forgotten something big he has done in a big moment.  I agree that Alford has made some big plays in key games and he is at least trying to make a play (reason to get flagged) vs Tru playing soft coverage or avoiding the tackle (vs Chubb's long run). 

mqg96 likes this

On top of everything else, I'm not sure Oliver is going to take a starting job anytime soon either.  He looked pretty bad overall, though he did make a few plays toward the end.  Hopefully his are just normal rookie problems. 

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

On top of everything else, I'm not sure Oliver is going to take a starting job anytime soon either.  He looked pretty bad overall, though he did make a few plays toward the end.  Hopefully his are just normal rookie problems. 

Oliver isn’t the guy. Don’t want to hear the excuse that he’s a rookie. He just doesn’t pass the eye ball test. 

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Almost every time a QB drops back to pass, I know it’s either going to be a completion or there’s a flag for PI. And you guys wonder why our D couldn’t get off the field. But it’s MM fault though:ninja:

MM was the DC, and it was his job to make sure that his players were communicating, that they were in position to make plays, that they understood what they were up against, and that his position coaches were hard at work with getting techinique down. A system has to be in place for these things to come together, and that obviously wasn't happening. Alford and Trufant have made plays in the past, so why the dropoff, why the lack of focus, where'd the competitive spirit go? That's coaching, and MM along with others didn't do a good enough job.

Vandy and PokerSteve like this

10 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Oliver isn’t the guy. Don’t want to hear the excuse that he’s a rookie. He just doesn’t pass the eye ball test. 

You can never tell much about a rookie CB from “the eye ball test”.

ZERO passes defended, too. :o

Rk    Player                   Team  Pos   Comb   Total   Ast    Sck    SFTY    PDef    Int    TDs    Yds    Lng    FF    Rec    TD
62    Desmond Trufant   ATL     CB     66         55       11       1.0     0         0          0     0         -        -        0      0        0                    
109  Robert Alford          ATL     CB    49          42        7       0.0      0         0          0     0         -        -        0      0        0                
IamFRESCO1 likes this

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Lattimore and Donte Jackson passed my eye test

If you say so. Most rookie corners struggle mightedly in their rookie season. Year 2 is when you can see whether they have ‘it’. 

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If you say so. Most rookie corners struggle mightedly in their rookie season. Year 2 is when you can see whether they have ‘it’. 

I’ll eat crow if he turns the corner next year. I just don’t n see it

Edited by 175_Ranger_Falcon
Flying Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Our starting CBs together......had 0 picks (Alford & Trufant)

That seems kind of hard to do...(or not do.)

Our starting CBs wouldnt even start in rest of the league...its that effin sad!

Kazee was a lone bright star on defense! 

2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

No... you don't count the nickel as a starter. The starters are the guys who start at the two positions that are on the field for every down.

In fairness though... we really should have had about 5 from those guys. Trufant alone dropped 4 of them.

Tell that to Quinn. He does count the Nickelback as a starter.

if we open up the game in Nickel than that’s a starter.