Since1990

2019 In Memoriam Thread

278 posts in this topic

Image result for bill buckner

Bill Buckner - former MLB infielder who played for 22 season most notably for the Dodgers, Cubs, and Red Sox. Buckner made an error fielding a ground ball in the tenth inning when playing for the Boston Red Sox that ended Game 6 of the 1986 World Series against the New York Mets, a play that has since become prominently entrenched in American baseball lore  

Since1990 and AF89 like this

I think I have spoken about him a little but I have a Uncle who is a second generation immigrant from Cuba. Dudes he fits every single stereotype about Hispanics being hot blooded. He's loud, easily excitable and hyper passionate about any and everything he's into. When he gets mad he speaks Spanish at speeds that aren't possible to even comprehend by English speakers. 

He was diagnosed with Neuropathy ten or so years ago. It was brought on by his diabetes. This led him down the road of pain pills he was prescribed and he od'ed two days ago. They're giving him 48 hours now. Liver and kidneys are shutting down on him.

I'd like to say I'm sad, and I am to a certain degree but he hasn't been the same since my aunt died. He was a bit of a wild child in his youth and she was the one who settled him down. Like I said he was super passionate about anything and everything he was into and he loved my aunt to death. She passed away fifteen years ago or so from a super rare disease called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and it wasn't long after that he was diagnosed with neuropathy. He was just never the same and honestly he's been ready to go I believe. He just existed in a constant state of pain. Emotionally and physically.

But man back in the day when that dude was on he was on. He could light up the whole room. Nobody could match his energy level and he was hilarious. The kind of funny where he could say **** that nobody else in the entire world could without getting in trouble. 

AF89, mdrake34, Carter and 3 others like this

12 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I think I have spoken about him a little but I have a Uncle who is a second generation immigrant from Cuba. Dudes he fits every single stereotype about Hispanics being hot blooded. He's loud, easily excitable and hyper passionate about any and everything he's into. When he gets mad he speaks Spanish at speeds that aren't possible to even comprehend by English speakers. 

He was diagnosed with Neuropathy ten or so years ago. It was brought on by his diabetes. This led him down the road of pain pills he was prescribed and he od'ed two days ago. They're giving him 48 hours now. Liver and kidneys are shutting down on him.

I'd like to say I'm sad, and I am to a certain degree but he hasn't been the same since my aunt died. He was a bit of a wild child in his youth and she was the one who settled him down. Like I said he was super passionate about anything and everything he was into and he loved my aunt to death. She passed away fifteen years ago or so from a super rare disease called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and it wasn't long after that he was diagnosed with neuropathy. He was just never the same and honestly he's been ready to go I believe. He just existed in a constant state of pain. Emotionally and physically.

But man back in the day when that dude was on he was on. He could light up the whole room. Nobody could match his energy level and he was hilarious. The kind of funny where he could say **** that nobody else in the entire world could without getting in trouble. 

Sorry to hear about this. My older daughter’s other grandmother (her mom’s mom) was just put on home hospice for terminal cancer. Along with my mom, she basically raised my daughter the first several years while we were finishing up college. I’m not sure how long she has left. 

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Sorry to hear about this. My older daughter’s other grandmother (her mom’s mom) was just out on home hospice for terminal cancer. Along with my mom, she basically raised my daughter the first several years while we were finishing up college. I’m not sure how long she has left. 

Sorry to hear that homie. 

mdrake34 likes this

12 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Sorry to hear about this. My older daughter’s other grandmother (her mom’s mom) was just put on home hospice for terminal cancer. Along with my mom, she basically raised my daughter the first several years while we were finishing up college. I’m not sure how long she has left. 

So sorry to hear that, man.

My mother lost her older brother this past Saturday. He went in for stomach polyps and something went wrong. He died in the ICU. He was a well-respected pastor and a did a lot to help his community and the State of North Carolina. He was drafted in Korea and has been a Man of God since he was 16 years old. He was the one person who had my utmost admiration and respect.

mdrake34 likes this

Just now, Statick said:

So sorry to hear that, man.

My mother lost her older brother this past Saturday. He went in for stomach polyps and something went wrong. He died in the ICU. He was a well-respected pastor and a did a lot to help his community and the State of North Carolina. He was drafted in Korea and has been a Man of God since he was 16 years old. That one the one person who had my utmost admiration and respect.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Statick likes this

Leon Redbone, the singer who built a career out of performing ragtime, vaudeville and American standards with a sly wink and an unmistakable, nasally voice, died Thursday. He was 69.

728317474.jpg

Just saw that renowned architect I.M Pei died on May 16th at the age of 102.

Some of the buildings he designed:

• The glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris
  • The Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland
  • The JFK Library in Boston
  • National Gallery of Art East building in Washington, DC
  • Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong
  • Dallas City Hall

He also was hired in the mid-70's by the city of Augusta, Georgia to help revitalize the downtown area. The Chamber of Commerce building and Bicentennial Park were completed from his plan, and he built a modern penthouse addition to the roof of the historic Lamar Building. He also designed the Civic Center, now known as James Brown Arena.

_106994700_gettyimages-113414703.jpg

Another one I'm just now finding out about...

Longtime NFL coach Gunther Cunningham, who emigrated from postwar Germany as a child and then dedicated his life to football, died May 11, 2019, after a brief illness. He was 72.

AP_00010201319.jpg

7 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

Dr. John,the night tripper , rest in peace. 

RIP to a real one. 

On 5/27/2019 at 9:11 PM, mdrake34 said:

Just got the call, she passed away this morning. **** cancer. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:54 AM, mdrake34 said:

Just got the call, she passed away this morning. **** cancer. 

My condolences.

mdrake34 likes this

6 hours ago, k-train said:

Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys lost his fight with pancreatic cancer. He was 52.

No, no, no. :(

Just for clarification for those who don't know who BB was, he was a dwarf of Jamaican descent on a gangsta rap group out of Houston, TX. His lyrics from their song, Mind of a Lunatic, was so violently graphic that it was literally discussed in the halls of Congress. :lol:

5 hours ago, k-train said:

Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys lost his fight with pancreatic cancer. He was 52.

No..........

Survived shooting himself in the eye only to be taken out by pancreatic cancer. Didn't even know he was sick. Glad that he was able to get his life together after almost killing himself.

**** Cancer.

Rest in paradise Bill