Since1990

2019 In Memoriam Thread

169 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Probably because he lost his dad and it's the little things that take you back. So quit being a insensitive prick in a memorial thread.

I've lost my dad too.  I can certainly empathize in that department.  I guess we all have our prickish moments.  ;)

8 hours ago, The Great American said:

I've lost my dad too.  I can certainly empathize in that department.  I guess we all have our prickish moments.  ;)

I've lost my dad too. He was in the army and died in a helicopter crash on a training mission at Fort Campbell. That was 3 months before I was born.  

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

I've lost my dad too. He was in the army and died in a helicopter crash on a training mission at Fort Campbell. That was 3 months before I was born.  

That's very honorable.   He was a great American in my book.  

SpongeDad likes this

David-Horowitz-KNBC-2-18-19.JPG

David Horowitz was a consumer reporter who educated the public with his Emmy-winning syndicated "Fight Back!" TV show. "Fight Back! With David Horowitz" ran from 1976 to 1992, keeping viewers informed of potential product defects and rip-offs. He tested commercial claims on-air, as when he replicated a Timex commercial that had a watch strapped to an outboard motor and submerged in water – in the commercial and on Horowitz' show, the watch emerged still working. Horowitz engaged viewers with humor even as he showcased poor customer service and faulty products.

Details of death: Died in Los Angeles of complications of dementia at the age of 81.

MV5BMTU4ODkxMDEyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM2

Woodward022519AWOWWarnerBrosCBS.jpg

Morgan Woodward was the character actor who played the menacing field boss, “The Man with No Eyes” in the classic movie “Cool Hand Luke,” which starred Paul Newman. Woodward’s character never takes off his mirrored sunglasses, remaining completely silent while he oversees the chain gang. Woodward appeared in many western series including “Gunsmoke” and “Bonanza.”

He had two memorable roles in the original “Star Trek” TV series, appearing in the episodes “Dagger of the Mind” and “The Omega Glory.” He also played the popular character “Punk” Anderson on the primetime soap “Dallas.”

'Halt and Catch Fire' actress Lisa Sheridan dead at 44

Actress Lisa Sheridan reportedly died in her New Orleans home at age 44.

Actress Lisa Sheridan reportedly died in her New Orleans home at age 44. (Getty Images)

“Halt and Catch Fire” actress Lisa Sheridan died at her New Orleans home on Feb. 25 at age 44.

Image result for katherine helmond

Katherine Helmond - American film, theater, and television actress best known for playing the ditzy matriarch Jessica Tate on SOAP and the feisty Mona Robinson on WHO'S THE BOSS.

Since1990 and WhenFalconsWin like this

On 3/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, The Kingfish said:

Image result for katherine helmond

Katherine Helmond - American film, theater, and television actress best known for playing the ditzy matriarch Jessica Tate on SOAP and the feisty Mona Robinson on WHO'S THE BOSS.

I think she was my eighth crush.

18 hours ago, Statick said:

Keith Flint, lead singer of Prodigy. Gone at 49.

Suicide :(

If someone needs help, please help them get it. Depression sucks.