Since1990

2019 In Memoriam Thread

281 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

No..........

Survived shooting himself in the eye only to be taken out by pancreatic cancer. Didn't even know he was sick. Glad that he was able to get his life together after almost killing himself.

**** Cancer.

Rest in paradise Bill

Not sure how long he's known but I did see there was a video posted on May 1st with him discussing/announcing his diagnosis. It was stage 4, so it's possible he had it for a while & didn't find out until it was too late.

1 hour ago, k-train said:

Not sure how long he's known but I did see there was a video posted on May 1st with him discussing/announcing his diagnosis. It was stage 4, so it's possible he had it for a while & didn't find out until it was too late.

I meant I didn't know he was sick. I was a huge Geto Boys fan back in the day. Still listen to them a bit now.

Not sure how long Bill knew he had it.

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Longtime Broncos owner Pat Bowlen 75

Saw something mentioning that in his 35 years running the Broncos, they had as many Super Bowl appearances (7) as losing seasons. He was also the "single major force in the creation of Sunday Night Football", was on a number of committees, and is a member of the Pro Football HOF.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Sad news over the weekend, my nieces husband died early Sunday morning on a flight back from Arizona. I was awoken early by her sister as she and her brother (and their families) happened to be visiting at the lake house, he was only 56, he leaves behind his wife and their 17 year old son.

RIP TM

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sad news over the weekend, my nieces husband died early Sunday morning on a flight back from Arizona. I was awoken early by her sister as she and her brother (and their families) happened to be visiting at the lake house, he was only 56, he leaves behind his wife and their 17 year old son.

RIP TM

I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.

190617-gloria-vanderbilt-mn-1031_5313047
Fashion icon and artist Gloria Vanderbilt dies at 95

Gloria Laura Vanderbilt (February 20, 1924 – June 17, 2019) was an American artist, author, actress, fashion designer, heiress, and socialite. She was a member of the Vanderbilt family of New York and the mother of CNN television anchor Anderson Cooper.

During the 1930s she was the subject of a high-profile child custody trial in which her mother, Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt, and her paternal aunt, Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, each sought custody of her and control over her trust fund. Called the "trial of the century" by the press, the court proceedings were the subject of wide and sensational press coverage due to the wealth and prominence of the involved parties, and the scandalous evidence presented to support Whitney's claim that Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt was an unfit parent.

As an adult in the 1970s, Vanderbilt became known in connection with a line of fashions, perfumes, and household goods bearing her name. She was particularly noted as an early developer of designer blue jeans. 1974 saw the release of the Paul McCartney single "Mrs. Vandebilt," inspired by, and loosely based on the life of Gloria.

nWFWDK9T_400x400.jpg
Egypt's former President Mohamed Morsi has died after appearing in court in Cairo, according to state media.

The 67-year-old died after fainting during the court session in the Egyptian capital on Monday, state TV reported.

"He was speaking before the judge for 20 minutes then became very animated and fainted. He was quickly rushed to the hospital where he later died," a judicial source said.

Morsi became Egypt's first democratically elected president in 2012, one year after the Arab Spring uprising saw the end of President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule. He was then deposed following mass protests and a military coup in July 2013, and was immediately arrested.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Jpowers said:

I think I have spoken about him a little but I have a Uncle who is a second generation immigrant from Cuba. Dudes he fits every single stereotype about Hispanics being hot blooded. He's loud, easily excitable and hyper passionate about any and everything he's into. When he gets mad he speaks Spanish at speeds that aren't possible to even comprehend by English speakers. 

He was diagnosed with Neuropathy ten or so years ago. It was brought on by his diabetes. This led him down the road of pain pills he was prescribed and he od'ed two days ago. They're giving him 48 hours now. Liver and kidneys are shutting down on him.

I'd like to say I'm sad, and I am to a certain degree but he hasn't been the same since my aunt died. He was a bit of a wild child in his youth and she was the one who settled him down. Like I said he was super passionate about anything and everything he was into and he loved my aunt to death. She passed away fifteen years ago or so from a super rare disease called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and it wasn't long after that he was diagnosed with neuropathy. He was just never the same and honestly he's been ready to go I believe. He just existed in a constant state of pain. Emotionally and physically.

But man back in the day when that dude was on he was on. He could light up the whole room. Nobody could match his energy level and he was hilarious. The kind of funny where he could say **** that nobody else in the entire world could without getting in trouble. 

Just to prove everyone wrong one more time he held on until earlier this afternoon. He never liked doctors anyways.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Just to prove everyone wrong one more time he held on until earlier this afternoon. He never liked doctors anyways.

Very sorry for your loss, sir

mdrake34 likes this

11 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Sorry for your loss. 

13 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

RIP TM

Sorry to hear man.

Condolences to you and your family.

STEVE-SOTO-RIP_web-698x392.jpg
Steve Soto, a mainstay of the Southern California punk and hardcore scenes and the co-founder of two seminal outfits, the Adolescents and Agent Orange, died Wednesday. He was 54.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:09 PM, mdrake34 said:

One of my neighbors in college lost her battle with depression yesterday. :(

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

davebartholomewjpg-b71fd9addca5d930.jpg?
Dave Bartholomew, the New Orleans trumpeter, songwriter, bandleader, producer and arranger, has died. He was 100.

Best known for collaborating on an extraordinary string of hits with Fats Domino between 1949 and 1963 – amassing more than one hundred entries on the pop and R&B charts during that span of time – Bartholomew was one of the primary architects of the sound now known as rock and roll.

Statick likes this

Jordan Lindsay, 21, of Torrance CA, attacked and killed by three sharks while snorkeling in the Bahamas.

jordan_hero.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&res