Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schwarzwald

Who will be the next OC? Vote party!

Who is the next OC for the Atlanta Falcons?   103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next OC?

• Bevell
    • Koetter
    • Kubiak
    • Other
    • Matt Ryan

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

If we don't hire Kubiak give me Quinn at DC and Ryan at OC. I believe Ryan would put a pretty formidable offense together. Just pull his favorite fifteen plays from the Mularkey, Kutty, Shanny and Sark files. That would be hard to defend. Get to the line in the hurry up, make the read, set your feet and take some air off the ball. Keep NFL defenses guessing. Here are a few Mularkey long ball plays you can start with.

Jen, sdogg, Shooter Says and 1 other like this

Please let it be Kubiak. Can you guys imagine Matt having the same OC for more than 2 or 3 years? Kubiak would be that guy. 

papachaz likes this

17 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So much rumor. Who you got? Has the media guessed our next OC, yet? Or...is it someone we have yet been told to consider?

Kubiak is out of the running.  Just been signed by Denver.

Other

Somebody who will set up the run for matt’s awesome play action and bootleg game as well as keep the pass rush off him. I like Gase he seems like a bad HC but a great OC, watch his mic’d up and he shows no emotion at all, very analytical.

I think it will be DK. Coaches are a tight circle and I am sure DQ and DK have gotten to know each other. A guy w some HC experience may help w the workload as well if Q is pulling double duty as D play caller.

PokerSteve and FalconJim like this

9 minutes ago, k-train said:

Who I want:
Zac Taylor (Rams QB coach)
Shane Waldron (Rams TE coach)

Who I can live with:
Kubiak
Koetter

Who it will probably be:
Bevell

And hey, at least we can believe it was Matt that carried the team this year and at least Bevell would have firepower?

See? That’s why I rest more hope on fixing the OL.

4 minutes ago, k-train said:

Who I want:
Zac Taylor (Rams QB coach)
Shane Waldron (Rams TE coach)

Who I can live with:
Kubiak
Koetter

Who it will probably be:
Bevell

Can we also bring in Jason Taylor to help the DL???

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If we don't hire Kubiak give me Quinn at DC and Ryan at OC. I believe Ryan would put a pretty formidable offense together. Just pull his favorite fifteen plays from the Mularkey, Kutty, Shanny and Sark files. That would be hard to defend. Get to the line in the hurry up, make the read, set your feet and take some air off the ball. Keep NFL defenses guessing. Here are a few Mularkey long ball plays you can start with.

no 

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

And hey, at least we can believe it was Matt they carried the team this year and at least Bevell would have firepower?

See? That’s why I rest more hope on fixing the OL.

I'm not quite as down on Bevell as many on here are, but I am concerned that outside of one of the seasons where he had Farve in Minny, he's not exactly had the greatest track record of finding success with non-mobile QBs.

Relying so heavily on mobile QBs potentially means he's never really had to focus much on solidifying the OL like he would with an in-the-pocket QB.

Also, his teams ran the ball pretty well... but keep in mind that he had both Adrien Peterson & Marshawn Lynch in their primes. So again, perhaps there were other factors making the o-lines in Bevell's offenses look far better than they actually were.

Schwarzwald likes this

17 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Even if it's Kubiak I don't see him coaching that long, but then again Dirk is older and just came from a stressful year in TB. Kubiak might come in fresh.

I just want an OL and run game back! Please heal Free!!

An offense that can run well, make a 3rd or 4th and 1 when they need to with power running and a defense that is junkyard mean and gets after the passer on 3rd down and doesn't go soft with big leads. 

PokerSteve and Schwarzwald like this

Per Rotoworld, the Lions & Jim Bob Cooter just mutually agreed to part ways.

I think there's a big possibility that Shane Waldron ends up there as their new OC.

He started his coaching career in NE as an assistant to Matt Patricia before going to work under McVay in Washington & LA.

24 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

God, y'all aren't even trying to hide the fact you're lying now. Blatant.

Yep, I've seen nothing definitive on it. 

Here's the thing, if you're Kubiak, do you go to Denver with Keenum leading that offense or to Atlanta/Matty Ice and their talented offense?