Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nereek

While everybody is focused on new OC

24 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

He’s a quality ST Coach with tons of experience

Can he leave for a lateral move when it comes to STs?

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Can he leave for a lateral move when it comes to STs?

No clue...on a funny note, the Falcons don’t like change when it comes to ST coach.  They had Decamillis from 1997-2007 and Armstrong from 2008-present

Schwarzwald likes this

I'd like to see us go after Baltimore's Assistant ST coach, Chris Horton.

"Chris Horton is in his third year as the Ravens’ assistant special teams coach, working directly with special teams coordinator/associate head coach Jerry Rosburg. Horton has helped Baltimore’s special teams units perform outstandingly in the three years he’s been involved.. In the annual special teams report from senior NFL writer Rick Gosselin, Baltimore has ranked in the NFL’s Top 5 for six-straight seasons, including first in 2015 (2017: fourth; 2016: fifth; 2015: first; 2014: fifth; 2013: fifth; 2012: second). (Gosselin’s report is recognized by NFL teams as a special teams measuring stick.) No other NFL team has been in the Top 5 (or even Top 10) in each of the past six seasons."

He is a former Safety who went to UCLA & played for the Redskins. He was a coaching intern in Seattle in 2013, so it's possible he & DQ have crossed paths, even if just a little bit. He was a quality control coach at UCLA, assisting with defense & ST while our current LB coach, Jeff Ulbrich was UCLA's LB & ST coach. So there is almost certainly a connection to key members of our coaching staff.

5 hours ago, k-train said:

"Chris Horton is in his third year as the Ravens’ assistant special teams coach, working directly with special teams coordinator/associate head coach Jerry Rosburg. Horton has helped Baltimore’s special teams units perform outstandingly in the three years he’s been involved.. In the annual special teams report from senior NFL writer Rick Gosselin, Baltimore has ranked in the NFL’s Top 5 for six-straight seasons, including first in 2015 (2017: fourth; 2016: fifth; 2015: first; 2014: fifth; 2013: fifth; 2012: second). (Gosselin’s report is recognized by NFL teams as a special teams measuring stick.) No other NFL team has been in the Top 5 (or even Top 10) in each of the past six seasons."

He is a former Safety who went to UCLA & played for the Redskins. He was a coaching intern in Seattle in 2013, so it's possible he & DQ have crossed paths, even if just a little bit. He was a quality control coach at UCLA, assisting with defense & ST while our current LB coach, Jeff Ulbrich was UCLA's LB & ST coach. So there is almost certainly a connection to key members of our coaching staff.

Effing A

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Tell me again why we paid BETHEL all that money to be a special teams ace?

Last year we had a real problem on the outside at the gunner position on the cover teams. We fixed that with Russell Gage in the draft and Justin Bethel in free agency. Both had very good years getting down the field quick, avoiding the block and containing very well. I thought the cover teams played pretty good this year.

8 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

I lol’d pretty hard when he botched the touchback this past week

I wasn't laughing at all as he stood there and watched the ball roll in to the End-Zone. WTF was he doing? :shrug:

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Tell me again why we paid BETHEL all that money to be a special teams ace?

because Armstrong cant coach.

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Also was able to take Andre Roberts and make something out of him this season. 

Ahem..A few of us knew this, but people here lambasted Roberts last year and were never smart enough to figure out that Armstrong was the issue.

Sidecar Falcon and JDaveG like this

9 hours ago, k-train said:

Bring'em home, TD!