Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
socalriseup

We let our TE coach go too

28 posts in this topic

You know, I'm actually going to give credit for Hooper's development to Hooper. This guy knew he needed to go the extra mile and practiced with Matt in the offseason to get it done. I know nothing about Harman though.

putnam6, Emmitt, JDaveG and 3 others like this

Just seems valuable having a guy that’s worked with and coached the likes of Shannon Sharp, Todd Heap and Tony Gonzalez 

2 minutes ago, Jen said:

You know, I'm actually going to give credit for Hooper's development to Hooper. This guy knew he needed to go the extra mile and practiced with Matt in the offseason to get it done. I know nothing about Harman though.

Harman is actually a decent coach. He help develop Dennis Pitta into a pro bowler.

I want to see this man continue up the coaching ladder.  Ulbrich has done a heck of a job with our linebackers not named Riley.  Plus he is a tough SOB.  But my favorite part about him: he is the reason Roquan Smith ended up at UGA

n69s1g61kvnbbpzchue0.jpg

Jeff Ulbrich, who was officially hired by the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, told Roquan Smith that he “declined the job offer” from the NFL team on the eve of last week’s signing day.

Smith, the 4-star linebacker from Macon County, famously committed to UCLA over UGA in front of ESPN cameras last Wednesday, but held off from signing with the Bruins after reports surfaced later in the day that Ulbrich (then UCLA’s defensive coordinator) had accepted a job with the Falcons.

Smith heard a different story from Ulbrich the night before.

“Coach Ulbricht did say that Coach Dan Quinn(of the Atlanta Falcons) had called him the night before, but he had declined the job offer,” Smith told UGASports.com’s Jake Reuse on Wednesday.

“I felt like Coach (Jim) Mora should have hit me up and said there’s potential that Coach Ulbrich may be leaving. Then, they tried to get me to go ahead and send the papers in, but I wasn’t doing it. They tried to get me to send them in at 8 in the morning.”

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

And Raheem Morris should be next.

He is the passing game coordinator.  No way he is fired.  Perhaps take him off the receivers and let him be Asst HC & Passing game Coordinator

Edited by Falconsin2012

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I want to see this man continue up the coaching ladder.  Ulbrich has done a heck of a job with our linebackers not named Riley.  Plus he is a tough SOB.  But my favorite part about him: he is the reason Roquan Smith ended up at UGA

n69s1g61kvnbbpzchue0.jpg

Jeff Ulbrich, who was officially hired by the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, told Roquan Smith that he “declined the job offer” from the NFL team on the eve of last week’s signing day.

Smith, the 4-star linebacker from Macon County, famously committed to UCLA over UGA in front of ESPN cameras last Wednesday, but held off from signing with the Bruins after reports surfaced later in the day that Ulbrich (then UCLA’s defensive coordinator) had accepted a job with the Falcons.

“Coach Ulbricht did say that Coach Dan Quinn(of the Atlanta Falcons) had called him the night before, but he had declined the job offer,” Smith told UGASports.com’s Jake Reuse on Wednesday.

“I felt like Coach (Jim) Mora should have hit me up and said there’s potential that Coach Ulbrich may be leaving. Then, they tried to get me to go ahead and send the papers in, but I wasn’t doing it. They tried to get me to send them in at 8 in the morning.”

Agreed I liked his hiring and hope we keep him around.

FalconsIn2012 and papachaz like this

Maybe he got a call from one of the guys getting HC interviews & was offered a chance to join their staff... possibly with a promotion to OC for that team?

Or he doesn’t expect to be retained when a new OC is named here, so he asked to be let go now so he has a better shot at landing a job elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

n69s1g61kvnbbpzchue0.jpg

He seems to be in DQ’s ear A LOT whenever they show the sideline during games. I think he’s probably pretty valuable to Quinn. Doubt he’s going anywhere. 

Just now, SLEVEN said:

He seems to be in DQ’s ear A LOT whenever they show the sideline during games. I think he’s probably pretty valuable to Quinn. Doubt he’s going anywhere. 

He’s not going anywhere.  Just hope the FO takes care of him and Quinn promotes him soon

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

Maybe he got a call from one of the guys getting HC interviews & was offered a chance to join their staff... possibly with a promotion to OC for that team?

Or he doesn’t expect to be retained when a new OC is named here, so he asked to be let go now so he has a better shot at landing a job elsewhere?

If he gets promoted he’s free to interview and leave when the job is offered to him. Would be weird to ask for a release before locking up another position. 

Just now, SLEVEN said:

If he gets promoted he’s free to interview and leave when the job is offered to him. Would be weird to ask for a release before locking up another position. 

Not really. That’s exactly what Koetter & Nolan did after we canned Smitty. They both knew a new HC would want to bring in their own guys so they both asked to be let go immediately.

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He’s not going anywhere.  Just hope the FO takes care of him and Quinn promotes him soon

Ya I agree. He may get the title of DC since we won’t be making an outside hire with Quinn running defense  

At least, I assume that’s how they’re doing it. 

Just now, SLEVEN said:

Ya I agree. He may get the title of DC since we won’t be making an outside hire with Quinn running defense  

At least, I assume that’s how they’re doing it. 

It’s actually what I’m hoping to hear.  Let him learn directly under Quinn for 2 years.  We know he is aggressive

I was thinking we should fire every position coach except QB and TE.

Looks like we're cleaning house. Can't wait to see what we end up with.

Better be good or Quinn can go to the State Line. We need rest. Prove it year.