Jump to content

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!


Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

Kirby went in home with Ole Miss commit WR Jonathan Mingo. Trying to get an official visit locked in this weekend.

Kirby went in home with Kaiir Elam on Tuesday along with Coley, Hankton and Warren. In home Kirby visits are also planned for TE Brett Seither and ATH Mark-Antony Richards on Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

The more film I see on Stevenson, the less I am impressed with him at cb.  He seems better suited at safety and seemed to play there a fair amount in hs.  He has great closing speed, but often times gets beat at the line of scrimmage and is reaching...against hs kids.  I just don't see how that will fly against quality d1 receivers.  Obviously if he improves his technique, he could be a solid cb, but i expected to see more of him blanketing kids at the hs level.  I love his physicality, but am concerned about his technique at the los.

 

Hmmm, no disrespect but I honestly dont see those things from Rique. He definitely is better suited for safety imo, but he was a great corner at Southridge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2019 at 10:07 PM, Carter said:

He could. I thought he was safety all the way but guys who have watched a lot more of him than I have say he’s a better corner than Campbell and a great scheme fit at corner in Kirby’s d.

I heard all that too and I vehemently disagree with that. Tyson as in raw talent is a better corner than Rique. He is a safety and I wish he would listen to people close to him. Cause he would be a bonafide star at safety. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Hmmm, no disrespect but I honestly dont see those things from Rique. He definitely is better suited for safety imo, but he was a great corner at Southridge 

None taken.  Just what I saw from watching some his film.  But we agree he is better suited at safety. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nick Cross made it to Athens late last night. Staff was up waiting for him and apparently things went well, though he had to catch a flight out earlier today for his official visit at Penn State.

Gonna be interesting to see how this class wraps up next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

Nick Cross made it to Athens late last night. Staff was up waiting for him and apparently things went well, though he had to catch a flight out earlier today for his official visit at Penn State.

Gonna be interesting to see how this class wraps up next week.

I am not supremely confident in Dawgs landing Elam or Cross right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I am not supremely confident in Dawgs landing Elam or Cross right now.

I’m not supremely confident in any of them lol. Elam could go to Florida. Cross could go to Penn State or Maryland. Seither could go to Bama. Who knows what will happen with Pickens or Mingo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A name to keep in mind, still a long ways off but one to watch... Gunner Stockton. He’s a freshman QB at Rabun County. Kirby made a trip to see him this week so he has been talked about a little bit. Sounds like a very impressive prospect already at 15 years old... 6’1 about 200 lbs, makes every throw on the field with accuracy and touch. He’s a 2022 recruit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carter said:

A name to keep in mind, still a long ways off but one to watch... Gunner Stockton. He’s a freshman QB at Rabun County. Kirby made a trip to see him this week so he has been talked about a little bit. Sounds like a very impressive prospect already at 15 years old... 6’1 about 200 lbs, makes every throw on the field with accuracy and touch. He’s a 2022 recruit. 

Good.   Richt got in waaay too late on DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carter said:

A name to keep in mind, still a long ways off but one to watch... Gunner Stockton. He’s a freshman QB at Rabun County. Kirby made a trip to see him this week so he has been talked about a little bit. Sounds like a very impressive prospect already at 15 years old... 6’1 about 200 lbs, makes every throw on the field with accuracy and touch. He’s a 2022 recruit. 

Brock Vandagriff is a 2021 QB recruit who is a must have also.  And in our back yard as well.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Brock-Vandagriff-46050870/

Edited by 007dawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Seems we have offered an unusuall large number of QBs lately. Maybe just me

Probably so we are in it early and the players don't get their feelings hurt because they got an offer later than when they wanted it. Casting a wide net and then play the waiting game to see who we actually have a commutable offer to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...