January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

Carter

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Very worthwhile. 

Unless this is the announcement for the real announcement. 

I never understand why so many (not saying you) continue to fall for this trap

It's always a commitment to an all star game, or a top teams list

Recruits just never announce "big announcement coming" and it be a committment 

When recruits commit, they either do it with no warning at all, or say flat out that they're going to commit on day x

Just now, VA F.O. said:

I never understand why so many (not saying you) continue to fall for this trap

It's always a commitment to an all star game, or a top teams list

Recruits just never announce "big announcement coming" and it be a committment 

When recruits commit, they either do it with no warning at all, or say flat out that they're going to commit on day x

I agree.  And I certainly don't fall for it, as I'm not on any sort of social media.  My info usually comes from here or 247.

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Who are the rb's we are looking at in the next class?

The ones with 2 legs and 2 arms. ^_^

Zach Evans (TX), Kendall Milton (CA), Demarkcus Bowman (FL), Tank Bigsby (GA), Daijun Edwards (GA), Mecose Todd (GA) are probably the top of our board. We have a lot of RB offers out.

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Zach Evans (TX), Kendall Milton (CA), Demarkcus Bowman (FL), Tank Bigsby (GA), Daijun Edwards (GA), Mecose Todd (GA) are probably the top of our board. We have a lot of RB offers out.

Mecose is a flat out stud. Lacks elite top end speed but is tough. Kid never smiles and always plays like he is mad at the world. Tank Bigsby is the best football player in the state of Georgia for the 2020 class. Everything you want out of a back. Cant go wrong with either. 

8 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I know this is a recruitment thread.... but has anyone heard how  Zamir is doing with rehab?

Radi recently reported that his recovery is again going better than expected. Zamir has the heart of a **** warrior. He may not be 100% back to himself for the 2019 season but he should be ready to play. Hopefully those knees heal up stronger than before (which is actually normal after these surgeries now) and he stays in good health. I can’t wait to see him take the field for us. 

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

Show them 2 things:

1) Our OLinemen

2) this

8945968.jpg

22 minutes ago, Carter said:

Radi recently reported that his recovery is again going better than expected. Zamir has the heart of a **** warrior. He may not be 100% back to himself for the 2019 season but he should be ready to play. Hopefully those knees heal up stronger than before (which is actually normal after these surgeries now) and he stays in good health. I can’t wait to see him take the field for us. 

I just hope everyone tempers their expectations to acknowledge that ACL injuries usually take a good TWO full years before a player has a chance to fully get back to close to the player they were before the injury. So even if he doesn't have a dominating season next year, he will probably be better the following year. Still hoping he can deliver on his potential before he leaves UGA though. 

Just now, RandomFan said:

I just hope everyone tempers their expectations to acknowledge that ACL injuries usually take a good TWO full years before a player has a chance to fully get back to close to the player they were before the injury. So even if he doesn't have a dominating season next year, he will probably be better the following year. Still hoping he can deliver on his potential before he leaves UGA though. 

I think expectations will be tempered, especially considering this was his 2nd .

14 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah he will need some time to get back to 100% for sure. If he stays healthy I think he will be pure beast mode in 2020.

Going back to the Blaylock comparison, I think Makiya Tongue is more comparable to Hines Ward. Tongue will probably see some action as a freshman imo because he will straight knock a dude out of his cleats. Blount has kinda been the same way, but Tongue probably has more upside with his size. Same height but Tongue is a bigger dude.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Going back to the Blaylock comparison, I think Makiya Tongue is more comparable to Hines Ward. Tongue will probably see some action as a freshman imo because he will straight knock a dude out of his cleats. Blount has kinda been the same way, but Tongue probably has more upside with his size. Same height but Tongue is a bigger dude.

When I saw Tongue's size, I immediately thought of a more athletic Michael Johnson.

Archived