January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Yea haselwood would’ve been nice but don’t think we need another one of those type kids this soon- need get the team back to being dawgs 1st - hopefully we get nester maybe anothe receiver/te grad trans or something 

Other sites heaping praise on Nester

Not watching, has he been playing OG only or OT?

Blaylock showed out - and he was very quiet during his recruitment, despite having that coveted 5th star.  Exactly the type of student athlete I would want on my team.  Haselwood can take his talents to Norman and I for one am glad that train has left the depot.  I don't wish him any ill will, just feel that his personality and pre-madonna attitude is going to be toxic.

1 minute ago, Macknsweetjones said:

meh, not going to knock a kid for looking out for himself and his future. All this team first **** sound good, but **** that if its my future I'm only looking out for me. Not the program thats making millions regardless if i play there or not.

yeah - I don't like the way Haselwood conducted himself but - at the end of the day, it's a 17-18yr old kid deciding on a college.  We are the ones watching them choose a school.

Just now, g-dawg said:

yeah - I don't like the way Haselwood conducted himself but - at the end of the day, it's a 17-18yr old kid deciding on a college.  We are the ones watching them choose a school.

bingo, its annoying yeah but at the end of the day I'm not about to be mad at anyone looking out for themselves especially when it involves potential to make millions of dollars in the next 4 years. We look out for ourselves daily, this is a game to us but this is a life changing decision for them.

Someone more knowledgeable than me, reset our recruiting targets on what’s left for 2019

1) Darnell Wright-5* OT - seems a lock for UT.

2) Kair Elam-4* CB - battle with Florida.  We are behind with a Secondary/DC coach to hire.

3) George Pickens-5* WR - can he qualify?  committed to AU but open battle.  Probably behind AU and LSU.

4) QB - Jon Rhys Plumlee? Anyone else?

Who else? given the defections we definitely could use another scholarship Tight End and Quarterback 

33 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Someone more knowledgeable than me, reset our recruiting targets on what’s left for 2019

1) Darnell Wright-5* OT - seems a lock for UT.

2) Kair Elam-4* CB - battle with Florida.  We are behind with a Secondary/DC coach to hire.

3) George Pickens-5* WR - can he qualify?  committed to AU but open battle.  Probably behind AU and LSU.

4) QB - Jon Rhys Plumlee? Anyone else?

Who else? given the defections we definitely could use another scholarship Tight End and Quarterback 

Wright is probably all UT thanks to his goober coach. Think Nester will be our OL, but we’ll have to see because Nester is playing games trying to get his high school buddy signed with him.

Elam I think will be a Dawg, but I’d feel better about landing him when we get a DB coach hired.

Pickens is probably JUCO-bound. Think he’s gonna draw it out too though. Think Henderson will be our priority WR to close with.

Plumlee is not going to be in this class, whether he goes to Ole Miss or enrolls on his own dime to take the blueshirt and count toward 2020.

I’ll have to gather more info in the coming days. Dead period will end Thursday.

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Wright is probably all UT thanks to his goober coach. Think Nester will be our OL, but we’ll have to see because Nester is playing games trying to get his high school buddy signed with him.

Elam I think will be a Dawg, but I’d feel better about landing him when we get a DB coach hired.

Pickens is probably JUCO-bound. Think he’s gonna draw it out too though. Think Henderson will be our priority WR to close with.

Plumlee is not going to be in this class, whether he goes to Ole Miss or enrolls on his own dime to take the blueshirt and count toward 2020.

Agree on Wright, but I'm still holding out hope if we can just get him on campus before NSD then I wouldn't count out Pittboss. Getting him on campus is the big challenge though. 

Agree on Elam and Pickens. I've also seen a lot of people think Henderson is JUCO bound too. 

I've said it several times, but I think our staff is hesitant to give up a valuable recruiting slot to Plumlee when he still might pick baseball over football. I think the blueshirt offer is designed to make sure we don't spend that slot on him until after he has to make that decision. 

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

At this point I'm kinda glad we didn't get Haslewood.

He seems too much trouble to be worth it.

Blalock is the most under the radar 5 star player in recent memory. Mookie was a DAWG for the Hawks.  If his son has any of that, trust me, we are good.  Dude has a quick stop almost on Swift’s level...ALMOST

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Blalock is the most under the radar 5 star player in recent memory. Mookie was a DAWG for the Hawks.  If his son has any of that, trust me, we are good.  Dude has a quick stop almost on Swift’s level...ALMOST

And we know he's 100% Dawg