Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

My question is what happened with Landers?  He went from almost having his redshirt pulled freshman year, during the bye week, to completely invisible.

My understanding was he was simply out-talented, ie. recruited over, but now all of a sudden, that may have changed

we'll see

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

My understanding was he was simply out-talented, ie. recruited over, but now all of a sudden, that may have changed

we'll see

I figured if he was about to crack the lineup that had Wims, Godwin, Hardman, Ridley and Holloman, that he would have surely seen snaps this season.

6 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I figured if he was about to crack the lineup that had Wims, Godwin, Hardman, Ridley and Holloman, that he would have surely seen snaps this season.

Me too from everything that was being said

27 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no one has a clue where our guys are going to end up in the draft.  our early guys are going to excel at the combine and there is plenty of great play on the field as well.  I can see all of our early enrollees be drafted on the 1st 2 days.  nauta is going to really rise up the boards.  this is going to be a huge draft for the Dawgs and another recruiting tools for Coach Smart. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Our new QB recruit. A lot to like about this kid. But he definitely needs to steal some cheeseburgers off Chaney's plate. 

Saw this earlier. Definitely like his attitude. 

Anyone that’s interested, don’t forget that tomorrow is the All American Bowl, the high school all star game formerly sponsored by the US Army. I believe coverage starts at 1pm Eastern time on NBC.

Jadon Haselwood and Tyrique Stevenson are announcing. Haselwood most likely already a done deal to Oklahoma. Stevenson expected to be a Dawg.

No idea on specific times for commitment announcements.

Wardog357, 95Dawg, sdogg and 1 other like this

21 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

G-dawg be prepared to give me my 20 bucks when Riley get drafted higher than 5th round

lol some have him going in the 1st round he will be long gone by the 5th

55 minutes ago, Carter said:

Anyone that’s interested, don’t forget that tomorrow is the All American Bowl, the high school all star game formerly sponsored by the US Army. I believe coverage starts at 1pm Eastern time on NBC.

Jadon Haselwood and Tyrique Stevenson are announcing. Haselwood most likely already a done deal to Oklahoma. Stevenson expected to be a Dawg.

Tomorrow will be very bittersweet

1 hour ago, Carter said:

going to be a good day.. we really need tyrique.. 

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

G-dawg be prepared to give me my 20 bucks when Riley get drafted higher than 5th round

riley is going to be drafted by the 2nd day.. it will also help that his brother has done so well.  riley will do very well at the combine and he has a lot of great catches in college.. 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Our new QB recruit. A lot to like about this kid. But he definitely needs to steal some cheeseburgers off Chaney's plate. 

thanks for posting.. great young qb.  i love how he has his mind set straight.. he isn't there to win the job, but to learn on the job.. love it. 

1 hour ago, MayorWest13 said:

lol some have him going in the 1st round he will be long gone by the 5th

I've seen one mock with Ridley going in the 1st Round at #28. 

2 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I thought it was 4th round?

Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

Either way I’m gonna win

We shall see.   Everyone always tends to overestimate how high their players will go.

From an Auburn poster on one of our 2020 QB targets Robbie Ashford: 

KN put up some thoughts on Robbie Ashford this evening. Said he didn't really have a great performance at the UA Future 50 this week but said the appeal with Ashford is he's a big upside guy. Baseball will be big for him & AU's got a head start there. But KN did basically say that if he clicks with UGA baseball staff then they will have a good shot. Has heard that Nix coming in for AU has Ashford a bit concerned because he wants to play early (which is ironic considering the story on him is he won't be ready early) & KN thinks right now UGA has a slight edge in that race

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

We shall see.   Everyone always tends to overestimate how high their players will go.

You seem to be having the opposite issue.

14 hours ago, Carter said:

Hardman didn’t want to deal with this team’s growing pains in 2019 imo. He was one of the guys trying to get the team fired up against Texas and guys were just ignoring him. He will be missed on the field and he’s a great team guy.

Veiled yet interesting view on 2019.  I suspect you view leadership as a real concern that could rear its head early next year. 

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Veiled yet interesting view on 2019.  I suspect you view leadership as a real concern that could rear its head early next year. 

It has been stated by multiple sources that there was very little leadership on the team this year, with most of the team being younger players, and most of the two deep as well. As such, the younger players kinda had free reign and didn't get put in their place by their elders as much they should have. Supposedly, the LSU game was tipping point of all that. It was also stated that, after losing the chance at the playoffs, players simply didn't put effort into Sugar Bowl practices, and that game through in the game too.

Basically, we have a roster mostly made up of top talent who could start almost anywhere else, and who came here believing they were going to be seeing lots of playing time, while competing for championships, whether that was promised or not (not saying it was, don't think it was). On a team like Alabama, they've been recruiting at this level for long enough, that there are talents just as good, and even more developed, at older ages, that can help keep the young kids in line, but our team doesn't have that yet.

These are growing pains. It'll probably be at least another year or two before the seniors and juniors are made up of the same top talent as the incoming kids.

m2Falcons, FalconsIn2012 and Carter like this