Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

We need some good news come January 5th. Then hopefully close out February with a top 2 class. This off-season is going to be long, knowing that we ended the season on a 2 game losing streak. And not just the losses themselves, but how we lost. Blowing a lead, again vs Bama in the SECC and then playing with no energy or pride vs Texas. 

We better come out like rabid Dawgs next year. It's year 4 Kirby. Training wheels need to come off. 

16 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I'm over this kid. He can do whatever, don't care. I remember someone mentioning a long time ago that whoever ends up with Haselwood is going to have to do some MAJOR de-recruiting on him. That's painfully obvious. 

Pretty much what I've heard. 

yeah i know ransack has that often about haselwood and his de-recruitment.  haselwood is a very talented player for sure, but you have a kid who believes he can publicly tell a staff how to call plays to make him happy.. de-recruitment needs to happen bigtime with him or he will be another guy on the portal after just a year if we ends up in athens. 

Dead period ends January 10th, so we should start seeing more activity and maybe some visits pick up next weekend.

The regular signing period begins February 6th with the next dead period beginning Feb 3rd or 4th if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Bud Elliot gives us our first CB for a 2022 player in ATH Deyon Bouie

2022? :)

3 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Yep Freshman, offered Dec 12

What is point of a 2022 CB?  Is 247 hurting for content that bad?  It’s hard enough getting excited about 2 recruiting classes ahead / much less almost 4.

sdogg and LawDawg like this

Look for us to make a push for Texas WR Arjei Henderson. I would think Haselwood being a Dawg would cut that pursuit short, but I will be a little surprised if that happens at this point.

UGA was actually Henderson’s 2nd offer his sophomore year and he says we have maintained consistent contact throughout the process, so this isn’t really a scramble to get in on a WR late type situation. I think we’ve probably stepped him up as a priority with Haselwood being so uncertain though. 

Henderson plans to take an official to UGA in January and says his dad really is pushing for him to get it scheduled. He also says that he really loves the vibe and culture at UGA and around Athens already.

Smallwood says FSU could be considered the team to beat as he has ties to Taggart. Not sure what those ties are but it could be a big target to watch, especially if Haselwood is bound for OU as is expected. 

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Look for us to make a push for Texas WR Arjei Henderson. I would think Haselwood being a Dawg would cut that pursuit short, but I will be a little surprised if that happens at this point.

UGA was actually Henderson’s 2nd offer his sophomore year and he says we have maintained consistent contact throughout the process, so this isn’t really a scramble to get in on a WR late type situation. I think we’ve probably stepped him up as a priority with Haselwood being so uncertain though. 

Henderson plans to take an official to UGA in January and says his dad really is pushing for him to get it scheduled. He also says that he really loves the vibe and culture at UGA and around Athens already.

Smallwood says FSU could be considered the team to beat as he has ties to Taggart. Not sure what those ties are but it could be a big target to watch, especially if Haselwood is bound for OU as is expected. 

I would have to assume we already know Haselwood isn't coming, since he already sent in his loi. 

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I would have to assume we already know Haselwood isn't coming, since he already sent in his loi. 

Haselwood said he didn’t send one in. But who knows with this kid lol :shrug:

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Haselwood said he didn’t send one in. But who knows with this kid lol :shrug:

Yeah he said that, and then told the same reporter one day later that he did. Kid is a liar, so who knows. 

Carter and SacFalcFan like this

On 1/1/2019 at 6:57 PM, SacFalcFan said:

After telling me yesterday that he'd just done financial aid with his top four schools, I asked about reports that he'd signed his LOI.

He confirmed that he has done so, and the team is aware of his choice.

In an interview coming with our Adam Gorney, he says Oklahoma is 'like a dream school', but also says 'you don't always sign with your dream school.'

Safe to say this is all pretty wacky.

We'll check back in with him again later this week to follow up again.

**from Trent. 

Carter, see above.

21 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Carter, see above.

I’m aware. He said again that he hasn’t sent anything in and the coaches don’t know. He’s just covering for himself trying to create more drama for his announcement. Like I said, I’d be surprised if it’s UGA anyway. 

Pickens seems to be far from anyone feeling good that he will qualify. Probably a JUCO guy that will have to be recruited again in 2 years. If Henderson comes, I’m good with it. Prefer Haselwood but whatever.

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah he said that, and then told the same reporter one day later that he did. Kid is a liar, so who knows. 

ALL LIES!

9 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

CBs for Henderson to FSU pouring in? 

henderson commits to florida.  

Henderson doesn't know where he is going. He was pressured to make a selection for tv. Told Smallwood yesterday he has to make a commitment for the game but he has no idea where he is going yet. He will be taking visits all through January. Very doubtful he ends up signing with UF.

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Henderson doesn't know where he is going. He was pressured to make a selection for tv. Told Smallwood yesterday he has to make a commitment for the game but he has no idea where he is going yet. He will be taking visits all through January. Very doubtful he ends up signing with UF.

That’s WHACK!

mike teevee and sdogg like this

Interesting note from an admin from another board

Hazelwood went sour on Georgia after Justin Fields developed an attitude. All during the early part of 2018 Hazelwood was taking official visits elsewhere. Someone got in his ear that at UGA he would have to take 2nd fiddle to the running game. UGA just has not ever had too much success with signing top WR recruits from within its own state, and it seems this is a product of negative recruiting. Purportedly, at Tennessee or Oklahoma or other places, receivers won't have to be involved in blocking, EVER. They will be catered after as prima donnas at other places, the grass is greener, etc.

LOLs, It's too bad about Hazelwood, and I've also read enough about George Pickens to be similarly dispeptic. But I am looking forward to Holoman, Blount, Landers, Bush, Blaylock and Tongue and others. Whatever happened or happens with Hardman and Ridley, LOL I won't be holding my breath. It's time to breathe new life into the UGA program, do some things that get rid of potential bad apples, and move on.

m2Falcons likes this

4 hours ago, mike teevee said:

Interesting note from an admin from another board

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to that!!!!!!!