Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Carter said:

“Friend” package deals like that rarely work out in the end. Sometimes it works out, but not nearly as much as these kids say they would like to. Ultimately they’re gonna get in where they fit in.

There is actually a group of 3 players from Houston that we are recruiting and they have said they’d like to play together in college if possible. 2019 4 star OT Javon Shepherd, 2020 5 star RB Zachary Evans, 2020 5 star WR Demond Demas. 

I can’t really comment on Milton as I don’t know, but it’s going to be an absolute battle to pull Evans out of Texas. There is huge pressure for him to go to UT or A&M. He has been to UGA several times already in the past year and I think the RBU success UGA has had is a huge draw for him, so it will be one to keep tabs on.

If we get Lynch and Evans as our 2 RB commits and supplement that with a Tank Bigsby or Demarcus Bowman... man oh man. But I’m getting greedy here lol

No mention of Milton anymore?

Does Dell prefer Evans over Milton?

5 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

I like Lloyd, Evans and Bigsby.  Not crazy about the other back that was in town this past weekend.

We're not really recruiting Bigsby that hard if what I've read in the tea leaves is correct. It sucks for the kid, because if what has been said is correct, he wants to be a Dawg bad, but the staff doesn't see him as the 2020 Nick Chubb, the Georgia kid you HAVE to get in your class.

It'll be alright though if what I've been reading turns out correct. Recruiting goes on, but IF the 2020 ESD was soon, we would have a great shot at both Lloyd and Milton. Based off a recent article on Milton, he's taking an unofficial visit in the spring. It'll be a tough pull from Cali, but he loves McGee.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

34 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

We're not really recruiting Bigsby that hard if what I've read in the tea leaves is correct. It sucks for the kid, because if what has been said is correct, he wants to be a Dawg bad, but the staff doesn't see him as the 2020 Nick Chubb, the Georgia kid you HAVE to get in your class.

It'll be alright though if what I've been reading turns out correct. Recruiting goes on, but IF the 2020 ESD was soon, we would have a great shot at both Lloyd and Milton. Based off a recent article on Milton, he's taking an unofficial visit in the spring. It'll be a tough pull from Cali, but he loves McGee.

I'd take Lloyd and Milton, but that's too bad about Bigsby.  

95Dawg likes this

8 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

My concern with that is my gut take on McGee has been that he likely gets snatched up as an OC somewhere in 2020... ESPECIALLY if Auburn fires Malzahn. I'd love to be wrong, but 4 seasons as the RB coach at UGA with his recruiting success and the results of the RBs... 

10 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

JC Vega - Long Snapper... Underrated position... And a PWO. Show a little respect. ;)

Rich Eisen's love for Punter and Long Snapper tape is one of my favorite parts of live draft coverage on day 3 of the draft every year

Dawggone and fibonaccisquared like this

9 hours ago, Carter said:

Thats the one rub with the receivers. Although I do certainly agree we do under utilize, being devils advocate one could say that we make them solid all around receivers who can adjust easily to the physical play in the NFL, are not prima donnas, and not beat up. Again, not a statement in support of 3 yrds & a cloud of dust

nick cross is unofficially visiting UGA Thursday and Friday.. huge news..  great to get him on campus. 

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

nick cross is unofficially visiting UGA Thursday and Friday.. huge news..  great to get him on campus. 

interesting

RandomFan likes this

1 minute ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Elam is true cb? Right? We would take both he and cross correct? 

Yes on Elam.  Would probably only take 1 of the 2 if both wanted in.  Seems like Elam is our best shot, as Cross is coming to visit solo.

8 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Elam is true cb? Right? We would take both he and cross correct? 

yep elam is a true cb and as turkeydawg said we will take 1 of those 2.  i don't see us taking 2 dbs with our needs at TE and WR. 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep elam is a true cb and as turkeydawg said we will take 1 of those 2.  i don't see us taking 2 dbs with our needs at TE and WR. 

unless Kirby and staff see our DB situation as more an issue than we as fans realize....

35 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

unless Kirby and staff see our DB situation as more an issue than we as fans realize....

i don't see that being the case..  we have what 15 or 16 dbs once we get a commit from either elam or cross.. while we have just 9 wrs and 3 tes..  we travel with a minimum of 4 tes and right now we have only 2 healthy tes.. we are going to add 2 tes minimum along with a wr and a db..  i think it really depends on how much room we have.. if we have room for 2 dbs, a wr, 2 tes.. then maybe we take both.. however UGA has to spend 2 more scholarships on players due to luke ford and fields transferrring thus making us possibly having to pass on a few talented players. 

I can't imagine ANY scenario we don't take both of Elam and Cross. They are both just too talented to pass on. Still expect we will add 1 TE, probably 1 WR, at least 1 DB, and another DB if its both of Elam and Cross. 

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I can't imagine ANY scenario we don't take both of Elam and Cross. They are both just too talented to pass on. Still expect we will add 1 TE, probably 1 WR, at least 1 DB, and another DB if its both of Elam and Cross. 

We have bigger needs than 2 more db's.  We actually have depth at their positions.

46 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

We have bigger needs than 2 more db's.  We actually have depth at their positions.

LeCounte needs to be upgraded desperately.   If he doesn’t get better this year he could be in danger of being processed - probably not though.