Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Once we win it all, this will become the standard, but with a more consistent base of local state athletes than any other contenders

Yeah, we are setup for even more dominance but will have to punch through with a Natty in next two years or we could lose momentum.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, we are setup for even more dominance but will have to punch through with a Natty in next two years or we could lose momentum.

What is so crucial about the next 2 years as it relates to momentum? 

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

What is so crucial about the next 2 years as it relates to momentum? 

Because UGA has been supposed to be “the next big school” for the last two years and - if you wanna be a national brand - you eventually have to pay it off with a Natty.   Outside of Fromm, there isn’t a Natty caliber QB on roster and not sure one is coming soon.

Dawgs will always do very well in recruiting in South but if we want to recruit nationally over time, we need to get that done.

My Personal opinion is we need to do so in next few years.  I am not saying the program is collapsing or anything silly like that but I do believe a program on the rise eventually needs to pay it off to keep going in upward direction.   

sdogg likes this

When they used to make fun of clemson for clemsoning - that’s why, because that’s where we are kind of... 

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Because UGA has been supposed to be “the next big school” for the last two years and - if you wanna be a national brand - you eventually have to pay it off with a Natty.   Outside of Fromm, there isn’t a Natty caliber QB on roster and not sure one is coming soon.

Dawgs will always do very well in recruiting in South but if we want to recruit nationally over time, we need to get that done.

My Personal opinion is we need to do so in next few years.

We are already a national brand.  Have recently gotten kids from Texas, Kansas, Michigan, Rhode Island, New York, Washington state, Illinois, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, California.  So, coast to coast.

9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

We are already a national brand.  Have recently gotten kids from Texas, Kansas, Michigan, Rhode Island, New York, Washington state, Illinois, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, California.  So, coast to coast.

“To Continue” to be

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

“To Continue” to be

Recruiting nationally is not and will not be a problem, national title in the next 2 years, or not.

24 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

When they used to make fun of clemson for clemsoning - that’s why, because that’s where we are kind of... 

But did that have any affect on Clemson recruiting?  I don't believe so.  They kept at it and have built quite the program.

U right turkey was just saying that may be the comparison or why the rush so that doesn’t take more root- 

29 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

I really think This guy would be a good back

can we pair him with Milton or Evans or Tank?

I would have to think all rb's in the 2020 class are salivating over the opportunity to run behind our line and knowing that Herrien and most likely Swift will be gone.

sdogg and 95Dawg like this

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

I really think This guy would be a good back

can we pair him with Milton or Evans or Tank?

As others have said already, it appears Lloyd is the #1 RB on our coaches board, ahead of Evans and Milton. 

95Dawg and AutumnEffect like this

33 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

As others have said already, it appears Lloyd is the #1 RB on our coaches board, ahead of Evans and Milton. 

Since Evans and Milton are friends, if we cannot sign both by taking Lloyd, do you believe that diminishes our chances of getting either?

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Since Evans and Milton are friends, if we cannot sign both by taking Lloyd, do you believe that diminishes our chances of getting either?

Never put any weight into that stuff. It's all talk.

Lots of players would "like" to play together

Carter and g-dawg like this

30 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Never put any weight into that stuff. It's all talk.

Lots of players would "like" to play together

Trey Sanders and Noah Cain said the same thing.  We see how that turned out.  

g-dawg likes this

35 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Trey Sanders and Noah Cain said the same thing.  We see how that turned out.  

and they were actually teammates, or you know, even in the same state...

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

“Friend” package deals like that rarely work out in the end. Sometimes it works out, but not nearly as much as these kids say they would like to. Ultimately they’re gonna get in where they fit in.

There is actually a group of 3 players from Houston that we are recruiting and they have said they’d like to play together in college if possible. 2019 4 star OT Javon Shepherd, 2020 5 star RB Zachary Evans, 2020 5 star WR Demond Demas. 

I can’t really comment on Milton as I don’t know, but it’s going to be an absolute battle to pull Evans out of Texas. There is huge pressure for him to go to UT or A&M. He has been to UGA several times already in the past year and I think the RBU success UGA has had is a huge draw for him, so it will be one to keep tabs on.

If we get Lynch and Evans as our 2 RB commits and supplement that with a Tank Bigsby or Demarcus Bowman... man oh man. But I’m getting greedy here lol

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

45 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

and they were actually teammates, or you know, even in the same state...

Yep, 

We see they went to other places.