Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Once we win it all, this will become the standard, but with a more consistent base of local state athletes than any other contenders

Yeah, we are setup for even more dominance but will have to punch through with a Natty in next two years or we could lose momentum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, we are setup for even more dominance but will have to punch through with a Natty in next two years or we could lose momentum.

What is so crucial about the next 2 years as it relates to momentum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

What is so crucial about the next 2 years as it relates to momentum? 

Because UGA has been supposed to be “the next big school” for the last two years and - if you wanna be a national brand - you eventually have to pay it off with a Natty.   Outside of Fromm, there isn’t a Natty caliber QB on roster and not sure one is coming soon.

Dawgs will always do very well in recruiting in South but if we want to recruit nationally over time, we need to get that done.

My Personal opinion is we need to do so in next few years.  I am not saying the program is collapsing or anything silly like that but I do believe a program on the rise eventually needs to pay it off to keep going in upward direction.   

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they used to make fun of clemson for clemsoning - that’s why, because that’s where we are kind of... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Because UGA has been supposed to be “the next big school” for the last two years and - if you wanna be a national brand - you eventually have to pay it off with a Natty.   Outside of Fromm, there isn’t a Natty caliber QB on roster and not sure one is coming soon.

Dawgs will always do very well in recruiting in South but if we want to recruit nationally over time, we need to get that done.

My Personal opinion is we need to do so in next few years.

We are already a national brand.  Have recently gotten kids from Texas, Kansas, Michigan, Rhode Island, New York, Washington state, Illinois, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, California.  So, coast to coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

We are already a national brand.  Have recently gotten kids from Texas, Kansas, Michigan, Rhode Island, New York, Washington state, Illinois, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, California.  So, coast to coast.

“To Continue” to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

“To Continue” to be

Recruiting nationally is not and will not be a problem, national title in the next 2 years, or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

When they used to make fun of clemson for clemsoning - that’s why, because that’s where we are kind of... 

But did that have any affect on Clemson recruiting?  I don't believe so.  They kept at it and have built quite the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U right turkey was just saying that may be the comparison or why the rush so that doesn’t take more root- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

I really think This guy would be a good back

 

can we pair him with Milton or Evans or Tank?

I would have to think all rb's in the 2020 class are salivating over the opportunity to run behind our line and knowing that Herrien and most likely Swift will be gone.

sdogg and 95Dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

I really think This guy would be a good back

 

can we pair him with Milton or Evans or Tank?

As others have said already, it appears Lloyd is the #1 RB on our coaches board, ahead of Evans and Milton. 

95Dawg and AutumnEffect like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

As others have said already, it appears Lloyd is the #1 RB on our coaches board, ahead of Evans and Milton. 

Since Evans and Milton are friends, if we cannot sign both by taking Lloyd, do you believe that diminishes our chances of getting either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Since Evans and Milton are friends, if we cannot sign both by taking Lloyd, do you believe that diminishes our chances of getting either?

Never put any weight into that stuff. It's all talk.

Lots of players would "like" to play together

Carter and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Never put any weight into that stuff. It's all talk.

Lots of players would "like" to play together

Trey Sanders and Noah Cain said the same thing.  We see how that turned out.  

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Trey Sanders and Noah Cain said the same thing.  We see how that turned out.  

and they were actually teammates, or you know, even in the same state...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Since Evans and Milton are friends, if we cannot sign both by taking Lloyd, do you believe that diminishes our chances of getting either?

“Friend” package deals like that rarely work out in the end. Sometimes it works out, but not nearly as much as these kids say they would like to. Ultimately they’re gonna get in where they fit in.

There is actually a group of 3 players from Houston that we are recruiting and they have said they’d like to play together in college if possible. 2019 4 star OT Javon Shepherd, 2020 5 star RB Zachary Evans, 2020 5 star WR Demond Demas. 

I can’t really comment on Milton as I don’t know, but it’s going to be an absolute battle to pull Evans out of Texas. There is huge pressure for him to go to UT or A&M. He has been to UGA several times already in the past year and I think the RBU success UGA has had is a huge draw for him, so it will be one to keep tabs on.

If we get Lynch and Evans as our 2 RB commits and supplement that with a Tank Bigsby or Demarcus Bowman... man oh man. But I’m getting greedy here lol

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

and they were actually teammates, or you know, even in the same state...

Yep, 

We see they went to other places.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0