Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

Travon Walker 6 to 5

Kyle Hamilton moves to 15

Haselwood drops 13 to 19

Stevenson up 25 to 20

Dean stays at 21

Darnell Wright 35 to 25

Pappoe down 15 to 28

That's all their 5 stars, listed what I thought was applied to us

Probably more changes coming in total rankings

14 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Amazed some UGA boys got bumped up.

Not amazed that they totally sc#$@ed Nolan.  Don't agree. At. All.

Walker moved up 1 spot, Steveson 5 spots, Nolan moved down 3, Dean stayed the same

They just went from 20 (I think it was) 5 stars to 32

Looks like all the rankings are actually out now, though the composite isn't updated and still shows the old rankings for 247

Edit: Scratch that, these look like small moves made to accommodate the top 32 moves

Edited by VA F.O.

48 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Walker moved up 1 spot, Steveson 5 spots, Nolan moved down 3, Dean stayed the same

They just went from 20 (I think it was) 5 stars to 32

Yeah we got some stupid explanation for how they want 32 5 star players in every cycle to predict “32 first round picks”... I guess that’s the criteria they want to go with this year for 5 stars. It changes every year.

g-dawg and Wardog357 like this

19 hours ago, Carter said:

Yeah we got some stupid explanation for how they want 32 5 star players in every cycle to predict “32 first round picks”... I guess that’s the criteria they want to go with this year for 5 stars. It changes every year.

247 has always claimed to at least try to stick to 32 5 stars by the end of the cycle for that reason. There have been years where they had 33-34, and some with 30 or so, but 32 always seems to be the target number and they always use that logic... whether it's accurate or not...

Guys, do you understand why Kirby doesn't take a day or two to go to NFL Draft each year to support his UGA players on verge to get drafted?    Seems like the players would like it and it's a great way to promote your program with high school kids and parents watching the NFL Draft.    I know coaches like Saban and Stanford coach tend to go every year and do the media blitz as well.

Just seems this would be in Kirby's wheelhouse and surprised he doesn't do it.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Guys, do you understand why Kirby doesn't take a day or two to go to NFL Draft each year to support his UGA players on verge to get drafted?    Seems like the players would like it and it's a great way to promote your program with high school kids and parents watching the NFL Draft.    I know coaches like Saban and Stanford coach tend to go every year and do the media blitz as well.

Just seems this would be in Kirby's wheelhouse and surprised he doesn't do it.

Kirby was there last year.

MattyIceonTap likes this

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Kirby was there last year.

I remember Schumann being there w/ Roquan but don't remember Kirby being there.   Are you sure?

Even if he was, would like to see him get on ESPN or NFLN or both and do interviews and be in green room w/ players.  If he was, great - but I don't remember that at all and I watched - probably more on NFLN but I always look for Kirby.

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I remember Schumann being there w/ Roquan but don't remember Kirby being there.   Are you sure?

Even if he was, would like to see him get on ESPN or NFLN or both and do interviews and be in green room w/ players.  If he was, great - but I don't remember that at all and I watched - probably more on NFLN but I always look for Kirby.

Georiga coach Kirby Smart will attend the 2018 NFL Draft Thursday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, along with Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith.

Smith, one of 22 prospects attending the draft, is projected to be drafted early in Thursday’s first round. 

20 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Georiga coach Kirby Smart will attend the 2018 NFL Draft Thursday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, along with Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith.

Smith, one of 22 prospects attending the draft, is projected to be drafted early in Thursday’s first round. 

you were right - I found a total of ONE picture of him on google search - in a suit on red carpet in front of the 2018 background showing 2018 NFL Draft - he was there, but apparently was fairly invisible to the cameras while there - glad he went and hope he keeps going as I am sure he will.

Thanks for the invo T-Dawg.

Former Auburn and current FAU WR Kyle Davis is now listed on the transfer portal. Do we take a flyer?

Edited by AutumnEffect

8 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

Former Auburn and current FAU WR Kyle Davis is now listed on the transfer portal. Do we take a flyer?

No chance

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

Doubtful. He and his dad did a poor job handling his initial recruitment the way they did. But that’s Gwinnett county for ya (for the most part) when it comes to UGA.

Seems like most of the Gwinnett kids we have gotten haven’t panned out anyway. Holding out hope for Robert Beal. David Andrews was lights out though. Kinda strange when you consider that one county has the most former players on active NFL rosters.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

you were right - I found a total of ONE picture of him on google search - in a suit on red carpet in front of the 2018 background showing 2018 NFL Draft - he was there, but apparently was fairly invisible to the cameras while there - glad he went and hope he keeps going as I am sure he will.

Thanks for the invo T-Dawg.

Remained invisible somewhat on purpose.  Once a player gets drafted high that HE recruited to UGA then he will be on the camera same as Saban.  Avoids the narrative of him taking shine for players getting drafted that Richt recruited.  You KNOW the AJC would have a field day with that crap.

g-dawg and Yo_Lover like this

Aside from seems we do land Elam, any of u guessing who we finish with? Anything new w Pickens? Will he qualify?