Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

From 247

Both Fred Davis's lead recruiters Todd Hartley (Miami) and Charlton Warren (Florida) are now at UGA along with Elam's primary recruiter at Florida also Warren

oh and also Kipp CBed Elam to the Dawgs now

you beat me to it.. LOL  i had to setup my versa so I didn't post this yet.. haha.. so very true.. we gonna own jacksonville. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

you beat me to it.. LOL  i had to setup my versa so I didn't post this yet.. haha.. so very true.. we gonna own jacksonville. 

Ah man I’m sure you’ll beat me next time

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

From 247

Both Fred Davis's lead recruiters Todd Hartley (Miami) and Charlton Warren (Florida) are now at UGA along with Elam's primary recruiter at Florida also Warren

Man this is just awesome! For so many reasons! :lol:

Carter, sdogg, g-dawg and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

He seems like a solid coach. This is awesome just for the UF reactions though. :lol: 

Dawg fan troll on gator message board:

" Yea, Coach Warren was sitting in Kirby's office office decked out in UGA apparel, Elam walked in, Coach Warren smiled and said, "what's up DAWG?" "      :lol:

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

From 247

Hartley wasn't Fred Davis lead recruiter. That's Rumph and Banda. Hartley had the Jacksonville area but he very rarely were lead recruiter for defensive recruits 

itsjustafleshwound likes this

8 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Hartley wasn't Fred Davis lead recruiter. That's Rumph and Banda. Hartley had the Jacksonville area but he very rarely were lead recruiter for defensive recruits 

Ok

was just going by what was said on 247

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Point taken lol. More often than not. Rusty and Ivins are pretty solid. Some others like Nee and Stampini have absolutely no clue

Just took a look, seems this was a poster, not actually 247

95Dawg and youngbloodz like this

16 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I think Hartley and Davis have a relationship though... when Hartley was announced on Twitter, Davis retweeted it with eyes. Good relationship with Warren who we just hired away from UF.

Man if UGA can get mostly who we want from Georgia and Florida we will be tough for anyone to deal with. Hopefully the coaching we have can get these guys all on the same sheet of music lol

95Dawg, sdogg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

16 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

i understand what you are saying regarding lead recruiter and you are 100% correct there, but he was very involved with fred davis.  the fact that both he and warren ended up in athens is pretty big for our chances with fred davis.. UGA is going to get most of our top targets out of jacksonville.  we have done well there in the past, but we might have better recruiters for the state of florida than any instate program does at this time.  I am very interested to see who else we target down there.

Pretty funny how a lot of the Florida fans think we hired Warren to get Elam.  It certainly helps, but to think any consideration was given to the hire, due to 1 recruit, is hilarious. 

Now the timing, that's another story.

Edited by Turkeydawg
Carter, 95Dawg, sdogg and 1 other like this

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i understand what you are saying regarding lead recruiter and you are 100% correct there, but he was very involved with fred davis.  the fact that both he and warren ended up in athens is pretty big for our chances with fred davis.. UGA is going to get most of our top targets out of jacksonville.  we have done well there in the past, but we might have better recruiters for the state of florida than any instate program does at this time.  I am very interested to see who else we target down there.

Fred Davis is a big time player. I think Hartley will be a great recruiter for UGA in the Jacksonville area 

Elam a true corner- I know they like all db’s to be flexible but just wondering - and any news on Pickens? 

39 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think Hartley and Davis have a relationship though... when Hartley was announced on Twitter, Davis retweeted it with eyes. Good relationship with Warren who we just hired away from UF.

Man if UGA can get mostly who we want from Georgia and Florida we will be tough for anyone to deal with. Hopefully the coaching we have can get these guys all on the same sheet of music lol

They very well could. I would be lying if I said I knew. But I do know Banda and Rumph is his main recruiters

Carter likes this

27 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

UGA is the new leader for Brett Seither. 

if other programs don't hit a grand slam then he is ours.. hartley is huge here as we all know.